5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We dont have enough 2024 orders so far to see how the averages play out, but near the end of 2023 production I was seeing the scheduled to production date to range from 1 to 3 weeks with the average being closer to the 3 week range.
I was scheduled 7/15, it's now 8/18, and I don't have an estimated build date yet. As a matter of fact, it moved to D1, and then back to D.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance, but what does 'D' and 'D1' stand for? I assume one of them is Delivery? - TIA

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I ordered a 2024 limited on Aug 7th. At this point I only have a VON. I am tracking through the order tracking site but no movement yet. I see you all talking about status codes but I don’t see any status codes on the order tracking site. Is there somewhere else that shows the status codes or will I see the codes once scheduled and/or have a VIN?

Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
I ordered a 2024 limited on Aug 7th. At this point I only have a VON. I am tracking through the order tracking site but no movement yet. I see you all talking about status codes but I don’t see any status codes on the order tracking site. Is there somewhere else that shows the status codes or will I see the codes once scheduled and/or have a VIN?
You have to call the dealer to get the current status code..

If website still doesn’t have the VIN probably going to be a while until it moves.

I had my vin since 07/26 and hasn’t moved since

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
You have to call the dealer to get the current status code..

If website still doesn’t have the VIN probably going to be a while until it moves.

I had my vin since 07/26 and hasn’t moved since
Thank you for the info. Would be nice to see on the tracking site. I’ll give my salesperson a call. :)

Ready Go

Reaction score
For some reason I think GT package is the hold up.

I remember last year same
Issue with GT package
I ordered a 2023 Laramie G/T loaded ($80,250) on May 1st, Scheduled May 4th, Built June 5th, Shipped June 7th, Delivered July 14th.

My current ordered 2024 Laramie G/T loaded ($82,450) was Ordered/Accepted on July 28th, and now CRICKETS!!

Not sure if the G/T is the hold up this time around, but the G/T Package isn't listed on Ram's Build program, so I think they're trying to limit it(??).

I really really, really want a VIN so I can feel like I'll get a truck someday, probably in actual 2024 after the strike ends(??).😳

***I do know one thing for sure, the price of the 2024 went up by ~$1300 from my 2023...and the $5000 Ram Discounts are now $0.00...😢

Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
Has any dealer actually physically received 2024 RM1500s? Like dealer order trucks?

I know I saw ram 3500 already delivered

Ready Go

Reaction score
Has any dealer actually physically received 2024 RM1500s? Like dealer order trucks?

I know I saw ram 3500 already delivered
I think there are some 2500s out there too, but I haven't seen any signs of 2024 1500s yet.

I wish Ram would open a 2024 Ram Builder to run concurrent to the 2023 Builder, but Ram wants people building and searching for 2023s to clear them.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
***I do know one thing for sure, the price of the 2024 went up by ~$1300 from my 2023...and the $5000 Ram Discounts are now $0.00...😢
If you're feeling down, just keep this in mind: The 2023 TRX base price was $84,850, and suddenly jumped (for 2024) to $95,490.

Reaction score
I placed an order with Mark Dodge on the 13th for a Laramie with the GT and night package. He said to expect 3 months before they got it on the lot….if everything went well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ready Go

Reaction score
I placed an order with Mark Dodge on the 13th for a Laramie with the GT and night package. He said to expect 3 months before they got it on the lot….if everything went well. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I think they're being optimistic!

My 2023 Laramie G/T took exactly 2.5 months (Ordered to Delivered) and I had a VIN in 2 days. My 2024 Laramie G/T was ordered 3 weeks ago and NO VIN. I'm praying for VIN next week..so 3.5 months, but I may be too optimistic myself that I'll get a VIN within a month this time around.

My optimistic side says I'll have the G/T by Thanksgiving, but my pessimistic side says it'll be sometime in actual 2024.

If a strike does happen, I may have to look at other options. :(

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just for a reference point, at Mark Dodge currently for 1500s, this is both customer orders and dealer stock. Just about everything that is shipping or building is from orders mid-June, which is normal as we order for dealer stock for +2 months out for production. Most of this is dealer stock, we didn't have a giant # of '24 1500 orders in June as it had just released and everyone was trying to figure out what, if anything, had changed - and of course still hindered by customers not being able to see the builds online.

TRANSIT - 70
Body Vendor - 36
Production - 39
Lots and Lots in D1 and D

We do have just a few HD 2024s that landed already, and a LOT more in transit, that ordering started a month prior in mid-May for July production.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Would it be safe to assume that certain dealers get higher priority? I've heard 8-10 weeks ETA from high-volume dealers, and up to s 6 month!!! from a local (very low volume) dealer....

Maybe wishful thinking as I have ordered from a high volume dealer, but to me it makes total sense. Dealers who place substantially higher volume of orders should be getting build priority? :unsure:

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Would it be safe to assume that certain dealers get higher priority? I've heard 8-10 weeks ETA from high-volume dealers, and up to s 6 month!!! from a local (very low volume) dealer....

Maybe wishful thinking as I have ordered from a high volume dealer, but to me it makes total sense. Dealers who place substantially higher volume of orders should be getting build priority? :unsure:
I wish that were the case. Not really. I usually quote 10-16 weeks for regular 1500s, that's where 80% of them fall. 8 weeks is a bold statement, considering transit alone can be up to a month domestically and 6 weeks is not uncommon for HDs out of mexico. It's ALL based on the mfr optimization of their production schedule, supply chain, and transit legs - sold orders ARE pushed ahead of dealer stock orders, but no prioritization of one dealer over another (at least not that I can really measure by any figure)

dannydyn

Reaction score
I wish that were the case. Not really. I usually quote 10-16 weeks for regular 1500s, that's where 80% of them fall. 8 weeks is a bold statement, considering transit alone can be up to a month domestically and 6 weeks is not uncommon for HDs out of mexico. It's ALL based on the mfr optimization of their production schedule, supply chain, and transit legs - sold orders ARE pushed ahead of dealer stock orders, but no prioritization of one dealer over another (at least not that I can really measure by any figure)
Makes sense. Thank you.

Rookey44

Reaction score
I just got my VIN assigned today, my order was submitted 7/21/23.

2024 Rebel G/T. Rest of the order details are in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread