5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

Cumminsfan

Reaction score
Here's a Screenshot of my 2023 Laramie G/T from May 1st, 2023 to show production runs at that time.

Unfortunately, we took delivery on July 14th, 2023 and on July 21st, 2023 it was TOTALLED ($53,000 damage) when a 2020 Silverado rear-ended me at ~45mph when I was at a full stop!

We ordered a new 2024 Laramie G/T on July 28th and immediately received a VON, but now two weeks later..no VIN. My dealer said to expect ~3-4 weeks to get a VIN.

NOT happy about a possible strike postponing this build further.

Praying for a VIN asap to at least get the ball rolling!

**Sidenote..their insurance did pay me out 100% on my Purchase Agreement. I have a concussion, neck whiplash issues, and lower back issues, but the RAM did exactly what it was supposed to do..I was able to avoid crashing, the other two people weren't though Unfortunately!
Ordered 8/3, received VON 8/5, received VIN 8/11

Cerebral314

Reaction score
Got my vin today, looks like things are starting to move along :)
  1. Order Confirmed Jul-05-2023
  2. Scheduled Aug-10-2023

Is there a link for the 2024 tacking spreadsheet?

Ready Go

Reaction score
Laramie w/sport package, almost every box checked, $79,220 MSRP
I'm guessing the G/T Package is my hold-up then..it's not currently listed on the "Build Your Ram" website (which often excludes options) but my dealer was able to "Build MY Ram" for me and order it.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm guessing the G/T Package is my hold-up then..it's not currently listed on the "Build Your Ram" website (which often excludes options) but my dealer was able to "Build MY Ram" for me and order it.
You have no hold up. Trucks aren't built for weeks after order. Once it is listed as scheduled, it's usually about 3 weeks until the build starts.

cmejatt

Reaction score
Questions for those that ordered.

Are you guys leasing or buying?

Ready Go

Reaction score
Buying..at these prices (and they aren't getting any cheaper) I need to keep it a long time!

6of36

Reaction score
Buying..at these prices (and they aren't getting any cheaper) I need to keep it a long time!
I'm 65, and had 2 heart attacks so far. This may be my last new one, so I'm going all out this time. I figured if I had to spend $65,000, I might as well pay $80,000 and get everything. The percentage of price isn't that much more.

cmejatt

Reaction score
Looks like my first truck shipped.
This is group RN110XXX. ETA originally was 09/05/2023 at the dealer.

I have another group RN121XXX but that hasn’t even started production. No eta anything. I’m calling the customer service number with no help.

IMG_4243.jpeg

Ready Go

Reaction score

I have another group RN121XXX but that hasn’t even started production. No eta anything. I’m calling the customer service number with no help.

View attachment 165092
It's surprising how little Customer Service is able to help! They basically load your Name and VON into the Order Tracker and read it to you...I do that myself every day!!

cmejatt

Reaction score
It's surprising how little Customer Service is able to help! They basically load your Name and VON into the Order Tracker and read it to you...I do that myself every day!!
Lol Yeap..
I’m so mad I just want to know when production will start lol.

I hope 2nd truck ships by EOM.

6of36

Reaction score

View attachment 165092
What do you expect them to tell you? If it's not scheduled, it's not scheduled. Some orders take months. Some trucks ordered last September, just got built last month.

Users who are viewing this thread