5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Even if it gets there before the 2nd, I can’t make it there until the following weekend, so no bueno… :(
I'm not picking mine up until the 10th, but I'm finishing the paperwork before the 2nd, to get the rebate. You only have to make the purchase, not pick up.

daveomatic

Reaction score
I'm not picking mine up until the 10th, but I'm finishing the paperwork before the 2nd, to get the rebate. You only have to make the purchase, not pick up.

Did you get it confirmed from MD that you can get the regular affiliate discount and the Tread Lightly stacked? This was discussed previously and seemed like people were in agreement that they were separate/ stackable, but I talked to my contact there and was told that Tread Lightly gives you access to the affiliate discount but that was not in addition to the regular affiliate discount I would get through my employer.

dannydyn

Reaction score
I checked on this with Koons. They claim they can only apply whatever rebates are available at time of paperwork/pick up time. If they get the truck on or before the 2nd I’ll ask again, but not holding my breath. Not sure how some dealers can do it and others can’t.

Now, when you say you’re “finishing the paperwork” what does mean exactly? You’re not paying for it, are you? If you’re referring to finalizing loans or what not, I can’t use that reasoning. I’m paying cash, and won’t be handing the check over until I’m at the dealership.

6of36

Reaction score
Did you get it confirmed from MD that you can get the regular affiliate discount and the Tread Lightly stacked? This was discussed previously and seemed like people were in agreement that they were separate/ stackable, but I talked to my contact there and was told that Tread Lightly gives you access to the affiliate discount but that was not in addition to the regular affiliate discount I would get through my employer.
Friends and family is not an affiliate discount. Can't stack with actual employee discount, but was told I can stack F&F.

UPDATE: I did the paperwork today, and Anthony was wrong. F&F is affiliate, and not stack-able.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
I checked on this with Koons. They claim they can only apply whatever rebates are available at time of paperwork/pick up time. If they get the truck on or before the 2nd I’ll ask again, but not holding my breath. Not sure how some dealers can do it and others can’t.

Now, when you say you’re “finishing the paperwork” what does mean exactly? You’re not paying for it, are you? If you’re referring to finalizing loans or what not, I can’t use that reasoning. I’m paying cash, and won’t be handing the check over until I’m at the dealership.
I will be paying cash, and wiring the money.

daveomatic

Reaction score
Friends and family is not an affiliate discount. Can't stack with actual employee discount, but was told I can stack F&F.

Ah, got it, I didn’t realize F&F was actually different from affiliate pricing. Thanks

daveomatic

Reaction score
Tracker updated with my VIN today and changed to Scheduled status. With my luck they’ll start the build and then immediately go on strike at SHAP.

58dd393bf02408824c9098d6e4c13807.jpg

Jimenezn5

Reaction score
Got an email from Koons today that my truck was delivered! Pretty damn quick turnaround I’d say. My tracker was definitely delayed with the updates a bit it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_7496.jpeg
    IMG_7496.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 22

6of36

Reaction score
Tracker updated with my VIN today and changed to Scheduled status. With my luck they’ll start the build and then immediately go on strike at SHAP.

58dd393bf02408824c9098d6e4c13807.jpg
Scheduled, means it will be built in about 3 weeks, on average. Mine was almost 2 months, but scheduled weeks before production started. They run faster now.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Got an email from Koons today that my truck was delivered! Pretty damn quick turnaround I’d say. My tracker was definitely delayed with the updates a bit it looks like.
Looks like I’m right behind you if I compare our timelines. My truck was in a rail yard in Maryland on the 27th, so I’m guessing it will be at Koons on the next truck out. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday…

Ramerk

Reaction score
Tracker updated this evening that it was scheduled a day or two ago. No email or text update. Those must be on snail mail pace.

Fingers crossed they are building good vehicles now and not rushing inventory out or unhappy with negotiations ! Please no lemon 🍋!!!! Take your sweet ole time. I’ll wait.

6of36

Reaction score
Tracker updated this evening that it was scheduled a day or two ago. No email or text update. Those must be on snail mail pace.

Fingers crossed they are building good vehicles now and not rushing inventory out or unhappy with negotiations ! Please no lemon 🍋!!!! Take your sweet ole time. I’ll wait.
They don't notify you when it is put into the schedule, just when it actually starts production. On average, what I've seen, they schedule about 3 weeks out..

disarm

Reaction score
The trackers are delayed quite a bit, especially when it comes to shipping info. My Limited went into production on 9/13, shipped on 9/16, and was delivered to Koons on 9/28. The estimated delivery on the trackers still says 10/7...no update two days after delivery, so it's still showing the estimated delivery date a week from now.

Funny thing is that it took my truck twelve days to go from SHAP to Virginia by train/truck. A friend of mine had a BMW M2 leave from their Mexico facility on the same day, traveled over 3000 miles through the Atlantic on a ship to the northeast, and he picked it up in CT four days before my truck made it to the dealer. The Ram shipping process isn't the most efficient or predictable.

In any case, I'll be traveling to Koons in VA to pick up my truck one week from today!

dannydyn

Reaction score
Agreed, my truck is somewhere in the MD/VA area, effectively at the dealer’s front porch but the trackers show it hasn’t even been shipped yet.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Shipping/Delivery in the Midwest is crazy slow! I'm a half hour west of Milwaukee, WI.
My 2023 Laramie G/T took 6 weeks back in June/July!
My 2024 Laramie G/T shipped on 9/14 by rail and took 6 days just to get to the Indiana depot..on it's way to the #51 Chicago holding yard.
My Estimated Delivery was for 10/06..but yesterday got changed to 10/16!! 🤬
My dealer told me that a $120,000 Wagoneer customer-order of theirs was delivered to the yard on 9/11 and was STOLEN from the yard on 9/21..WTF!!
I can't wait for this truck to get delivered and be in my garage!!

***One good thing has happened, my new "READY GO" Truck plates showed up the other day! I've transferred the Auto plates to 13 different vehicles over 31 years now.***

Ready Go

Reaction score
So, I have to wonder..do dealerships like Koons and Mark get some kind of "preferred" status?
A couple trucks left at or behind mine..and mine goes from SHAP to Chicago-->Milwaukee (not far)..and yet, my 2023 took 6 weeks and this 2024 is pushed back to 4+ weeks now (probably 6 weeks again)!! wtf
I know once the Hemi is gone, so am I, but I'm thinking either way, the new Stellantis is so much worse than every vehicle I've ever ordered in the past..I've had enough! I had a German-built M3 in just under a month! Camaros/GT-500 in under a month!
Sorry to all for ranting🤯

6of36

Reaction score
So, I have to wonder..do dealerships like Koons and Mark get some kind of "preferred" status?
A couple trucks left at or behind mine..and mine goes from SHAP to Chicago-->Milwaukee (not far)..and yet, my 2023 took 6 weeks and this 2024 is pushed back to 4+ weeks now (probably 6 weeks again)!! wtf
I know once the Hemi is gone, so am I, but I'm thinking either way, the new Stellantis is so much worse than every vehicle I've ever ordered in the past..I've had enough! I had a German-built M3 in just under a month! Camaros/GT-500 in under a month!
Sorry to all for ranting🤯
Different train lines. Stellantis doesn't make their schedule.

daveomatic

Reaction score
See update to post #524. Anthony was wrong.

Thanks for the update, bummer you couldn’t get both. Not the end of world though, fortunately still a great deal considering $3k incentive for a new production year and the great dealer discount from MD.

Users who are viewing this thread