5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

disarm

Reaction score
Same here. I'm driving from CT to Koons in VA to pick it up. When I tried to shop Koons' price at my local dealers, they thought I was scamming them with a fake quote...

One dealer wanted to know where the quote is coming from because if that was a real price he would place an order for himself there.

Mark Dodge's price was practically identical to Koons but with the added travel distance and added lodging I would need coming back from LA to CT, it didn't make sense. Both were a pleasure to deal with though. Can't go wrong with either one.

This is exactly my situation...traveling from CT to Koons and driving the new truck back. I shared my Koons quote with local dealers (with the dealer/location blacked out) and they either didn't respond or claimed it was an impossible offer because it would mean losing thousands. High volume, low price dealers are just a different way of doing business with whom noone local were willing (or able) to compete. Oh well...got a great price in exchange for a little travel time.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
What USAA discount did you get? The True car one?

USAA car buying discount. I believe it is $1k. You have to use the car buying service once you log in to USAA. They give you a certificate to use at the dealer. Use the zip where your dealer is. Only bad part is they send it to 3 dealers and you get calls/emails. I just don’t answer. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well good for you getting a better deal. :)
So now you have a 24 instead of a 23. :)

I learned from buying my current Durango, that was built the last week of model year production. Resale is a year older, and worth quite a bit less, than if it was built a week later, as the next model year.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
USAA car buying discount. I believe it is $1k. You have to use the car buying service once you log in to USAA. They give you a certificate to use at the dealer. Use the zip where your dealer is. Only bad part is they send it to 3 dealers and you get calls/emails. I just don’t answer. :)

Thanks, I am going to get that one also and see if it combines with the others Anthony said work.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is exactly my situation...traveling from CT to Koons and driving the new truck back. I shared my Koons quote with local dealers (with the dealer/location blacked out) and they either didn't respond or claimed it was an impossible offer because it would mean losing thousands. High volume, low price dealers are just a different way of doing business with whom noone local were willing (or able) to compete. Oh well...got a great price in exchange for a little travel time.
I did the same. Showed him without Mark Dodge price, and asked for his price. After he gave me his price, I showed him the MD quote. He said they can't sell that cheap. There has to be hidden fees. I went back, and showed him my purchase agreement. He just stood there with his chin on his chest, and didn't say a word.

Cerebral314

Reaction score
I'm glad the truck I ordered locally in January came in wrong, and I refused it. In the mean time I joined here, and learned about them. They are actually better to work with as far as purchasing too. If I contact AnthonyRI, or call Charles, my salesman, they always seem happy to help, giving me updates.
Same here, 1st truck I ordered in April came in with some minor damage and missing some accessories. it was a blessing in disguise, like you I joined here and learned about ordering from a high volume dealer, not only did a get a better equipped truck, it cost me less and its a 24 not a 23. win win win.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Oh, where are you in CT?

Cerebral314

Reaction score
Hell Yes! She made it to the dealer. Cant wait to go get it. Dealer (koons) says it takes about a week to process, PDI and detail. Hopefully Ill be driving it home this time next week.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 21

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Hell Yes! She made it to the dealer. Cant wait to go get it. Dealer (koons) says it takes about a week to process, PDI and detail. Hopefully Ill be driving it home this time next week.

A week to prep? Seems a bit long unless you are getting dealer installed options.
62 days for delivery? :’( OMG! Hope to not be waiting that long.

daveomatic

Reaction score
I am less than 10 miles from the plant. As a contractor I have worked in the plant, but they were building 200s at the time. I wish they would let you take delivery from the plant. I have a friend that is a Chrysler employee. He gives me a "friends and family" discount. My truck has a sticker price, of $83,185. Friends and family price is $76,829. That is what local dealers will sell me the truck for. Mark Dodge's price is $72,787, off the street, without additional discounts. I will actually get an additional 1% off, for f&f, and an additional 1% off for being a member of "Tread Lightly", bringing the price down an additional $1,500. I will fly down there, and they will pick me up from the airport, and take me to the dealership, to pick up the truck. Even with airfare I save $6,000 over the local dealer's f&f price, and who knows how much cheaper than they would sell for without the discount.

Wait - you can stack the Tread Lightly discount on top of the 1% off sales price for FFP / affiliate?? I did an order from Mark Dodge, but didn’t bother getting a Tread Lightly subscription because I assumed it was the same discount as the affiliate discount through my employer and couldn’t be combined.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Wait - you can stack the Tread Lightly discount on top of the 1% off sales price for FFP / affiliate?? I did an order from Mark Dodge, but didn’t bother getting a Tread Lightly subscription because I assumed it was the same discount as the affiliate discount through my employer and couldn’t be combined.

Those two are separate and not related to be best of my knowledge. Do you have Tread Lightly membership? If not, get it asap. You need to have been a member for 30 days. I just can't remember if the 30 days need to have taken place before placing an order or before taking delivery.

dannydyn

Reaction score
A week to prep? Seems a bit long unless you are getting dealer installed options.
62 days for delivery? :’( OMG! Hope to not be waiting that long.

I second that! Not so much concerned about the prep times, but holy 5hit - 2 months to get it delivered? Koons told me 6-8 weeks for delivery from the moment it entered production.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
Those two are separate and not related to be best of my knowledge. Do you have Tread Lightly membership? If not, get it asap. You need to have been a member for 30 days. I just can't remember if the 30 days need to have taken place before placing an order or before taking delivery.

Delivery. I signed up and I hit 30 days on 10/2. The current incentive ends 10/2. So, I am working with my dealer to “take delivery” on 10/2 regardless if the truck is in or not. :)

dannydyn

Reaction score
Delivery. I signed up and I hit 30 days on 10/2. The current incentive ends 10/2. So, I am working with my dealer to “take delivery” on 10/2 regardless if the truck is in or not. :)

Good point. Mine is pending shipment. I wonder if I can convince Koons to apply the incentive before it expires...

Users who are viewing this thread