5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2024 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just talked to my salesman, and the train should arrive in Louisiana Saturday. Then wait for the car hauler to deliver to dealer. Time to start looking at flights.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I just talked to my salesman, and the train should arrive in Louisiana Saturday. Then wait for the car hauler to deliver to dealer. Time to start looking at flights.
So you are in Michigan and you ordered through a dealer in Louisiana? Why not pick up from the factory? Just curious. Did it cost less by doing it that way?

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
factory will not sell you a vehicle

Other car manufacturers do have programs where you can go to a driving course and take delivery at the factory. I think there used to be a SRT program that did that but not sure if they still do it. Anyway, I’m sure there are dealerships in Michigan. I was just curious why he had to go so far across country. Am I missing out on a better deal by not doing the same? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cerebral314

Reaction score
Other car manufacturers do have programs where you can go to a driving course and take delivery at the factory. I think there used to be a SRT program that did that but not sure if they still do it. Anyway, I’m sure there are dealerships in Michigan. I was just curious why he had to go so far across country. Am I missing out on a better deal by not doing the same? :)

Yes. You probably are missing out on a better deal. High volume dealers like mark dodge in Louisiana or koons in Virginia have much better discounts than you local dealer. Both are usually 10-12k off msrp before incentives. I’m saving about 16k by making the trip to koons from Pennsylvania. My local dealers can’t even come close.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Yes. You probably are missing out on a better deal. High volume dealers like mark dodge in Louisiana or koons in Virginia have much better discounts than you local dealer. Both are usually 10-12k off msrp before incentives. I’m saving about 16k by making the trip to koons from Pennsylvania. My local dealers can’t even come close.
Plus, they probably offer endless Hurricanes & Sliders straight from Bourbon Street..good call👍

dannydyn

Reaction score
Same here. I'm driving from CT to Koons in VA to pick it up. When I tried to shop Koons' price at my local dealers, they thought I was scamming them with a fake quote... :ROFLMAO:

One dealer wanted to know where the quote is coming from because if that was a real price he would place an order for himself there. :LOL:

Mark Dodge's price was practically identical to Koons but with the added travel distance and added lodging I would need coming back from LA to CT, it didn't make sense. Both were a pleasure to deal with though. Can't go wrong with either one.

6of36

Reaction score
So you are in Michigan and you ordered through a dealer in Louisiana? Why not pick up from the factory? Just curious. Did it cost less by doing it that way?
I am less than 10 miles from the plant. As a contractor I have worked in the plant, but they were building 200s at the time. I wish they would let you take delivery from the plant. I have a friend that is a Chrysler employee. He gives me a "friends and family" discount. My truck has a sticker price, of $83,185. Friends and family price is $76,829. That is what local dealers will sell me the truck for. Mark Dodge's price is $72,787, off the street, without additional discounts. I will actually get an additional 1% off, for f&f, and an additional 1% off for being a member of "Tread Lightly", bringing the price down an additional $1,500. I will fly down there, and they will pick me up from the airport, and take me to the dealership, to pick up the truck. Even with airfare I save $6,000 over the local dealer's f&f price, and who knows how much cheaper than they would sell for without the discount.

6of36

Reaction score
UAW extending strike! Just parts plants, at this time.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I am less than 10 miles from the plant. As a contractor I have worked in the plant, but they were building 200s at the time. I wish they would let you take delivery from the plant. I have a friend that is a Chrysler employee. He gives me a "friends and family" discount. My truck has a sticker price, of $83,185. Friends and family price is $76,829. That is what local dealers will sell me the truck for. Mark Dodge's price is $72,787, off the street, without additional discounts. I will actually get an additional 1% off, for f&f, and an additional 1% off for being a member of "Tread Lightly", bringing the price down an additional $1,500. I will fly down there, and they will pick me up from the airport, and take me to the dealership, to pick up the truck. Even with airfare I save $6,000 over the local dealer's f&f price, and who knows how much cheaper than they would sell for without the discount.

My MSRP is $87,600. My POC shows a friends and family price of $80,257. My initial quote was $78K + TT and Processing. All before incentives, Tread Lightly, USAA discount, and military.
EP: $77,142
HB: 0 (my current order. My original order at first dealership showed $2548 which is 3%)

So, then I have more room to negotiate? What would be a fair negotiated price? Opinios welcomed!!! :)

6of36

Reaction score
My MSRP is $87,600. My POC shows a friends and family price of $80,257. My initial quote was $78K + TT and Processing. All before incentives, Tread Lightly, USAA discount, and military.
HB: 0 (my current order. My original order at first dealership showed $2548 which is 3%)

So, then I have more room to negotiate? What would be a fair negotiated price? Opinios welcomed!!! :)

It's all in how much buying local is worth to you. Mark Dodge would be a better price, but you have to travel, or pay to ship.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score

Wish I had known about Mark Dodge! I’m going to attempt to negotiate further with my current deal so hopefully I can get a similar deal. Most of the dealerships in the northern VA area seem to be high volume (no, I didn’t go to Koons but they are close).

6of36

Reaction score
Wish I had known about Mark Dodge! I’m going to attempt to negotiate further with my current deal so hopefully I can get a similar deal. Most of the dealerships in the northern VA area seem to be high volume (no, I didn’t go to Koons but they are close).

I'm glad the truck I ordered locally in January came in wrong, and I refused it. In the mean time I joined here, and learned about them. They are actually better to work with as far as purchasing too. If I contact AnthonyRI, or call Charles, my salesman, they always seem happy to help, giving me updates.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I'm glad the truck I ordered locally in January came in wrong, and I refused it. In the mean time I joined here, and learned about them. They are actually better to work with as far as purchasing too. If I contact AnthonyRI, or call Charles, my salesman, they always seem happy to help, giving me updates.

That happens? Was it not per your POC? I’m hoping all is ok with mine. :)

The first truck I ordered is STILL “In Production” while my second shipped on 9/18. Identical builds and were scheduled same day and went in to production 1 day apart. Im thinking something happened to the first truck, maybe a quality control issue.

6of36

Reaction score
That happens? Was it not per your POC? I’m hoping all is ok with mine. :)

The first truck I ordered is STILL “In Production” while my second shipped on 9/18. Identical builds and were scheduled same day and went in to production 1 day apart. Im thinking something happened to the first truck, maybe a quality control issue.

I was told it was part of a package, and therefore not listed separately. He just ordered wrong.

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I was told it was part of a package, and therefore not listed separately. He just ordered wrong.

Well good for you getting a better deal. :)
So now you have a 24 instead of a 23. :)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What USAA discount did you get? The True car one?

Users who are viewing this thread