5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Jrodd52

Reaction score
1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @ExFordGuy

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
625754 @ExFordGuyXX
22​
6/18/2023​
TexasWhiteLaramie
HELL YEAH!!!!!! I was really concerned that it took so long to get to built status when I saw that others were going from BS to WS in just a few days.
I was wondering when you were getting a WS congrats!

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
Was there something removed from the night package? When I placed my order the Night Package was listed as $3,645. On my window sticker it's showing $3,310.

There is a $610 difference bwtween the "Configuration Preview" from the dealer and what the sticker says. The sticker is cheaper. Both are listed as MSRP, so I'm just wondering if something was left off or if it was a price drop. Anybody know?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Was there something removed from the night package? When I placed my order the Night Package was listed as $3,645. On my window sticker it's showing $3,310.

There is a $610 difference bwtween the "Configuration Preview" from the dealer and what the sticker says. The sticker is cheaper. Both are listed as MSRP, so I'm just wondering if something was left off or if it was a price drop. Anybody know?
Check your build sheet to see if they may have eliminated something from the package, like they did with reclining rear seats on a Laramie.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes for it to reach Port Allen by rail? I am in KZP status checked yesterday, but I don't know when it entered that status, headed to Port Allen. From Port Allen to Mark Dodge is a short 2-hour ride. I'm hoping it will get in within the next few days so I can fly out on Friday, 16 June and drive it home for Father's Day!
I don’t remember exact days but mine made it pretty quickly from SHAP to Port Allen. Could’ve been luck of the dice with rail cars.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had a similar thing happen on my order - Laramie Level B package was $4,195 when I ordered and at some point before delivery dropped to $3,469 - even confused the sale manager when we were reviewing the deal after delivery. I can't find anything missing other than perhaps the fact that I ordered the bench seat so don't have the wireless charger.

RebelRam71

Reaction score
My Rebel finally landed on 6/14. Will pick up Red III tomorrow. Passing Red Jr. (2015 Ram 1500) to his new owner tonight. Bittersweet, as I always get attached. But, his new owner is a good friend, so I know he'll get taken care of. :)

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell where a truck is being shipped from? I know it's probably either Mexico or Michigan.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell where a truck is being shipped from? I know it's probably either Mexico or Michigan.
It is printed on the window sticker in the bottom left corner. But as an FYI if it is a 5thgen 1500 it is bult in Michigan at the Sterling Heights Plant. If it is a 4th gen 1500 classic it would be built and shipped from Mexico.

6of36

Reaction score
It is printed on the window sticker in the bottom left corner. But as an FYI if it is a 5thgen 1500 it is bult in Michigan at the Sterling Heights Plant. If it is a 4th gen 1500 classic it would be built and shipped from Mexico.
I believe "classics" are built in Mexico, and "Dodge City" in Warren, Mi., depending on configuration. All DTs are built in Sterling Heights, Mi., and all HDs are built in Mexico.

fmr5000

Reaction score
Anything I should be worried about based on this status update from my dealer and dealer connect? Is it just sitting somewhere?

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 34

Yzcr87

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes for it to reach Port Allen by rail? I am in KZP status checked yesterday, but I don't know when it entered that status, headed to Port Allen. From Port Allen to Mark Dodge is a short 2-hour ride. I'm hoping it will get in within the next few days so I can fly out on Friday, 16 June and drive it home for Father's Day!
I just picked up my Laramie from Mark Dodge saturday
Shipped out 5/24
Arrived at Mark Dodge 6/7
Took delivery 6/10

Yzcr87

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen on my order - Laramie Level B package was $4,195 when I ordered and at some point before delivery dropped to $3,469 - even confused the sale manager when we were reviewing the deal after delivery. I can't find anything missing other than perhaps the fact that I ordered the bench seat so don't have the wireless charger.
I noticed that as too. $4,195 to $3,795. Level B with the 40/20/40. Didnt care to have the wireless charger anyway. The $1,295 for buckets with console plus the extra $400 for the wireless charger really reinforced my decision to stick with the bench.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe "classics" are built in Mexico, and "Dodge City" in Warren, Mi., depending on configuration. All DTs are built in Sterling Heights, Mi., and all HDs are built in Mexico.
The HD trucks are built in Saltillo Mexico. DS (4th Gen Classic) trucks are built in Warren.

6of36

Reaction score
Anything I should be worried about based on this status update from my dealer and dealer connect? Is it just sitting somewhere?
It looks like it is sitting in a storage yard in Shelby Township, Mi. The next move is a rail yard in New Boston, Mi. The rail yard may be too full to ship there.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
When your ETA changes from a specified date to TBD...Sigh.....How long does it usually take to be shipped? (Damn it!)

Nothotdog

Reaction score
When your ETA changes from a specified date to TBD...Sigh.....How long does it usually take to be shipped? (Damn it!)
I hope you get it soon!

I noticed that it changed to TBD for some people in the past and arrived at the dealer suddenly.

I feel like my order may be on a similar trajectory as yours, as I am about 16 days since the build sheet with no window sticker.

I’m very curious to know what causes some orders to go much more quickly than others.

Users who are viewing this thread