5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

RebelRam71

Reaction score
This is likely only interesting to me.....but my original ship date was 5/6, ETA was 6/3. Over the weekend, the ship date changed to 5/29, ETA now 6/19. Salesman originally told me it left on 5/6 and was at a rail yard in IL, and should be here any time (this was roughly 2 weeks ago when we spoke by phone). Now he tells me it never left, and instead its on its way to the rail yard now.

I'm fine with whenever it shows up. I'm not fine with being lied to. There should be more transparency with the customer, in my opinion (which likely matters to know one, I know). The customer should be able to see anything the dealer can see.

All that said, in all likelihood, it left to have the side steps put on, is my guess. Perhaps bedliner....basically anything not done in original build. But then, just say that.

Ok, rant over. Carry on, nothing to see here.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is likely only interesting to me.....but my original ship date was 5/6, ETA was 6/3. Over the weekend, the ship date changed to 5/29, ETA now 6/19. Salesman originally told me it left on 5/6 and was at a rail yard in IL, and should be here any time (this was roughly 2 weeks ago when we spoke by phone). Now he tells me it never left, and instead its on its way to the rail yard now.

I'm fine with whenever it shows up. I'm not fine with being lied to. There should be more transparency with the customer, in my opinion (which likely matters to know one, I know). The customer should be able to see anything the dealer can see.

All that said, in all likelihood, it left to have the side steps put on, is my guess. Perhaps bedliner....basically anything not done in original build. But then, just say that.

I agree more transparency would be nice but seems there is just so much complexity with all the logistics and most buyers still buy off the lot so the percentage of customers who custom order and care to track the build is a small niche. My truck tracking also got weird after it left the plant and went to the body vendor for the Bed Utility stuff but then showed up at the dealer about a week or more ahead of the ETA.

RebelRam71

Reaction score
I agree more transparency would be nice but seems there is just so much complexity with all the logistics and most buyers still buy off the lot so the percentage of customers who custom order and care to track the build is a small niche. My truck tracking also got weird after it left the plant and went to the body vendor for the Bed Utility stuff but then showed up at the dealer about a week or more ahead of the ETA.
I'm going to disagree with that, at least to some degree. The number of people custom ordering is continuing to grow and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Dealers don't have the inventory they used to and don't seem keen on getting back to that level, which I get. I wouldn't either. With the price of any new vehicle today, fewer people are going to be willing to pay these kind of prices and not get what they want, or settle for something close.

Now, is every customer like me, in that they want to know every detail of when/what/how? No, probably not. That's just my personality....ie, I actually want to understand the whole process. If their was some real transparency, there would be no need for a thread like this, where the customers themselves are seeking the info on their own. So no, not everyone will want to see all the gory details, but it would be nice if it was available to those that do.

My rant, though, was mainly that the salesperson wasn't forthcoming. My guess is because he knew the original info he gave me was wrong and didn't want to backtrack on what he originally said. I don't care for that.....just be honest.

Jules The RN

Reaction score

Conversely, my ETA changed today from 6/26 to 6/21. My truck finished build on 5/25. Not sure what the deal is but I'm sure a bunch of logistical issues happen all the time causing shifts in deliveries. Not trying to stir the pot or anything, and it sucks that your truck got pushed back. Merely reporting the change I got. My salesman hasn't said anything different though so not sure why yours chose to mislead you.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

did you ask for the dealer connect report?

that is the only way to know the truth

without that report you never will know the truth

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I'm going to disagree with that, at least to some degree. The number of people custom ordering is continuing to grow and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Dealers don't have the inventory they used to and don't seem keen on getting back to that level, which I get. I wouldn't either. With the price of any new vehicle today, fewer people are going to be willing to pay these kind of prices and not get what they want, or settle for something close.

Now, is every customer like me, in that they want to know every detail of when/what/how? No, probably not. That's just my personality....ie, I actually want to understand the whole process. If their was some real transparency, there would be no need for a thread like this, where the customers themselves are seeking the info on their own. So no, not everyone will want to see all the gory details, but it would be nice if it was available to those that do.

My rant, though, was mainly that the salesperson wasn't forthcoming. My guess is because he knew the original info he gave me was wrong and didn't want to backtrack on what he originally said. I don't care for that.....just be honest.

Transparency
Honest
Forthcoming

That’s funny….we are talking about car salesmen here.

On my first order, I learned real quick that getting info from the salesman was gonna be tricky. I always checked with RAM Chat before each exchange. I had the answers ahead of time each time and was given BS vague answers by the salesman. I’d then confront with the info from RAM Chat and he’s still try to give a BS answer.

Even when it came down to delivery he was still full of sh!t. Ram Chat confirmed it had shipped and was en route. Salesman said it would be delicefofor another 6 weeks. He said he just checked. When I asked for a copy/screenshot of the dealer Connect related to the shipment, he claimed that things were changing on a minute by minute basis, and that it would show up in 4 days. Wow, from 6 weeks to 4 days in a matter of minutes.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I know of more than 1 dealer with over 150 Rams in stock. Not everybody who orders is on this forum, but they build about 1,000 a day, and Triple_b finds a handful every day being ordered by members. Custom orders are still a small portion of builds.

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Conversely, my ETA changed today from 6/26 to 6/21. My truck finished build on 5/25. Not sure what the deal is but I'm sure a bunch of logistical issues happen all the time causing shifts in deliveries. Not trying to stir the pot or anything, and it sucks that your truck got pushed back. Merely reporting the change I got. My salesman hasn't said anything different though so not sure why yours chose to mislead you.
Mine was ordered and built close to your truck. Ram tracker said built 5/24 and shipped 5/24 . I asked the dealer a couple days ago and they said it’s at the body vender installing bed-liner and running boards. I had a 6/26 ETA before shipped status on ram pizza tracker and then went to TBD after it shipped.

Jules The RN

Reaction score
Mine was ordered and built close to your truck. Ram tracker said built 5/24 and shipped 5/24 . I asked the dealer a couple days ago and they said it’s at the body vender installing bed-liner and running boards. I had a 6/26 ETA before shipped status on ram pizza tracker and then went to TBD after it shipped.
Huh, interesting. Mine isn't showing shipped yet, only built. Hopefully the pizza tracker will be accurate and they moved up ETA fingers crossed.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score

Mine went into Production on May 16th with a ETA of 6/18. Tracker is still showing it's "In Production". In production for over 2 weeks. Ram chat and dealer/salesman both say everything is fine, there's no problems, and it should be delivered on 6/18. However, I see others here who have BStoWS of just a matter of days. I don't really know for sure what's going on. I'd like to believe them, but it's difficult to do so when I see others go so quickly from "In Production" to "Built". Hopefully, Ram is just being very slow with updating their tracker and texts and there's really no problems.

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Huh, interesting. Mine isn't showing shipped yet, only built. Hopefully the pizza tracker will be accurate and they moved up ETA fingers crossed.
I’m assuming shipped on the pizza tracker just means shipped from factory. It doesn’t necessarily mean shipped to dealer as there may be another destination outside of the factory such as Mopar body vendor or a dreaded storage lot waiting for a train. It looks like I have a little bit to go before it heads on a train down south.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Mine went into Production on May 16th with a ETA of 6/18. Tracker is still showing it's "In Production". In production for over 2 weeks. Ram chat and dealer/salesman both say everything is fine, there's no problems, and it should be delivered on 6/18. However, I see others here who have BStoWS of just a matter of days. I don't really know for sure what's going on. I'd like to believe them, but it's difficult to do so when I see others go so quickly from "In Production" to "Built". Hopefully, Ram is just being very slow with updating their tracker and texts and there's really no problems.
did you get the dealer connect report?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I’m assuming shipped on the pizza tracker just means shipped from factory. It doesn’t necessarily mean shipped to dealer as there may be another destination outside of the factory such as Mopar body vendor or a dreaded storage lot waiting for a train. It looks like I have a little bit to go before it heads on a train down south.
once a window sticker has been issued the truck is finished and being shipped to you

get a dealer connect report to see where it is

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct on this based on my experience - once I was in shipped to body vendor status the ram chat folks just called it shipped.

Hoya55

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes for it to reach Port Allen by rail? I am in KZP status checked yesterday, but I don't know when it entered that status, headed to Port Allen. From Port Allen to Mark Dodge is a short 2-hour ride. I'm hoping it will get in within the next few days so I can fly out on Friday, 16 June and drive it home for Father's Day!

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @ExFordGuy

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
625754 @ExFordGuyXX
22​
6/18/2023​
TexasWhiteLaramie
HELL YEAH!!!!!! I was really concerned that it took so long to get to built status when I saw that others were going from BS to WS in just a few days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread