5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Why does that add a significant amount of time?
I don’t know, I know he’s been in production a long time and just brain storming. I’ve read it could be many reasons. I just know mine went from in production to shipped in less than 3 days so there has to be a reason his is taken longer.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 964 Window Stickers tonight. None of them were forum members.

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
659478 @Mercury_ManFRAME
7/13/2023​
WADB BlackLimited
664111 @jrchainFRAME
7/6/2023​
TNSilverLimited

Dsmith333

Reaction score
My truck was built 5/17 with an ETA of 6/29, exactly 7 weeks from when the pizza tracker changed to KZ. That seemed like a long time but ok, trains are busy, it's a long way.
At some point this weekend, the ETA suddenly changed to 7/31, which feels like an arbitrary choice of "it's not going to make onto a train this month, so let's make it the end of the following month". I don't know what shipping times to the west coast are averaging but it feels odd that it's going to sit in the factory parking lot for another month or more. Am I destined to be one of those guys who's truck sits in parking lots and railyards for months for no apparent reason?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck was built 5/17 with an ETA of 6/29, exactly 7 weeks from when the pizza tracker changed to KZ. That seemed like a long time but ok, trains are busy, it's a long way.
At some point this weekend, the ETA suddenly changed to 7/31, which feels like an arbitrary choice of "it's not going to make onto a train this month, so let's make it the end of the following month". I don't know what shipping times to the west coast are averaging but it feels odd that it's going to sit in the factory parking lot for another month or more. Am I destined to be one of those guys who's truck sits in parking lots and railyards for months for no apparent reason?
They all leave the plant, and go to different lots. The plant doesn't have space to park them, considering they build 1,000+ a day. They are shipped to various Detroit area storage/ sorting lots, until they are loaded on appropriate transport, to move to the next destination. When there are 25,000 trucks, they have to be sorted as to where they go, and then loaded on to the appropriate transport to go the right direction. They have to wait until there is a full load to the destination.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
They all leave the plant, and go to different lots. The plant doesn't have space to park them, considering they build 1,000+ a day. They are shipped to various Detroit area storage/ sorting lots, until they are loaded on appropriate transport, to move to the next destination. When there are 25,000 trucks, they have to be sorted as to where they go, and then loaded on to the appropriate transport to go the right direction. They have to wait until there is a full load to the destination.
what you say is mostly true
however some trucks are placed onto train cars (auto racks) right at the sterling heights plant because you can see railroad tracks next to the plant.

you can see my truck was placed onto a auto rack at the plant
truck tracking dec 15 2021.jpeg

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 245 Window Stickers tonight. None of them were forum members.

659478 @Mercury_ManFRAME
7/13/2023​
WADB BlackLimited
664111 @jrchainFRAME
7/6/2023​
TNSilverLimited

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
however some trucks are placed onto train cars (auto racks) right at the sterling heights plant because you can see railroad tracks next to the plant.

View attachment 159791
They may or may not be loading direct, like they did 2 years ago. All I know, is that dozens were sitting in rail yards awaiting loading south of Ann Arbor a couple months ago. They come off the line faster than trains can keep up at the plant. And I know about the train tracks. I'm 5 miles from it, and have worked in it, when they built 200s there,and about 90% of the plants in the Detroit area.

Last edited:

fmr5000

Reaction score

View attachment 159791
Anyone here have access to these reports that I can PM? I can’t get my dealer to pull something like this for me. TIA

Dsmith333

Reaction score
If you search for FCA on google maps around the Detroit area, you can spot 4 or 5 big lots that had many many trucks parked in rows when the photos were taken. So, yeah, sometimes they stack up for whatever reason, awaiting chips, autoracks, shipping......

In my case, the sudden 4 week shift in ETA had something to do with the transfer to the rail carrier. It went from 6/29 not shipped to 7/31 not shipped to 7/3 in the space of two days. The dealer told me it was last in Ohio as of today. I presumed it had been loaded yesterday onto the Norfolk Southern train that runs to the Chicago area daily for the interchange with Union Pacific. Now I get to see how many railyards it loiters at along the way.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 1367 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @jrchain

659478 @Mercury_ManFRAME
7/13/2023​
WADB BlackLimited
664111 @jrchainXX
0​
7/6/2023​
TennesseeSilverLimited

Users who are viewing this thread