5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
You can tell without his name here that he's an ex Ford guy. lol
LOL. Good observation. It's my birthday. I've been hitting the Maker's Mark and Knob Creek. You are correct. My previous vehicle was indeed a Lariat. Lariat/Laramie...just about the same trim level. I think the Rams are much more comfy though, and cheaper to do body work on if needed. And (at least in my part of the world) easier to find a shop that will do the body work. Fords are all aluminum. I was in a wreck and it was very difficult finding a shop that would/could work on it and once I did, it was expensive AF. Truck ended up being totaled by the insurance. So, that's why I went with Ram. I know the hood and tailgate are aluminum, but it's not the whole thing like Fords. Plus, Fords don't have a Hemi. This will be my first Ram.

Jrodd52

Reaction score
LOL. Good observation. It's my birthday. I've been hitting the Maker's Mark and Knob Creek. You are correct. My previous vehicle was indeed a Lariat. Lariat/Laramie...just about the same trim level. I think the Rams are much more comfy though, and cheaper to do body work on if needed. And (at least in my part of the world) easier to find a shop that will do the body work. Fords are all aluminum. I was in a wreck and it was very difficult finding a shop that would/could work on it and once I did, it was expensive AF. Truck ended up being totaled by the insurance. So, that's why I went with Ram. I know the hood and tailgate are aluminum, but it's not the whole thing like Fords. Plus, Fords don't have a Hemi. This will be my first Ram.
Happy Birthday! I was just giving you a hard time. I’m also coming from a Ford. Trading in an 2017 expedition with the 3.5 eco boost. Looking forward to switching over to V8. I know the 3.5 eco boosts are beasts however, they are costly to repair. I wish I could have choose the Hemi without etorq as I’m not too excited about buying a replacement battery in plus or minus 6 years. The older I get the more I realize newer isn’t always better.

Hopefully by next week a lot of our trucks start production!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Build Sheet today! The truck still doesn't show in the tracking site and ram cust care still tells me the order is not visable to them but the dealer had confirmed details and had it in D1 and today as I checked the build sheet was avail so here we go!

cliffsta

Reaction score
Dealer just emailed and told me my truck is in transit and he'll update with an estimated arrival date soon. That was certainly a quick run from D1 to in transit.
Be Leary of that “in transit” as they may be confusing Shipped as in it’s shipped to the floor with shipped as on its on a train.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be Leary of that “in transit” as they may be confusing Shipped as in it’s shipped to the floor with shipped as on its on a train.
Yeah - the code is KZP so I think that means it is at the body vendor for Bed Liner. Anyone know how long the Bed Utility Group vendor stop usually takes?

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah - the code is KZP so I think that means it is at the body vendor for Bed Liner. Anyone know how long the Bed Utility Group vendor stop usually takes?
Sometimes a day, or I have seen them stalled for a week. Just a bed liner and the BUG should go quick. Other things they do there are bed steps, decals, the chrome on Limiteds, and maybe others. I don't see any of that on your post.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes a day, or I have seen them stalled for a week. Just a bed liner and the BUG should go quick. Other things they do there are bed steps, decals, the chrome on Limiteds, and maybe others. I don't see any of that on your post.
I think for my build it is just the liner, rails and step for the BUG and maybe the receiver since that is an add-on now?

6of36

Reaction score
Yeah - been posting too much lately for sure but now I'll fade back into the shadows and you won't have to witness my obsessive order posting any longer!
Post as often as you like. If someone doesn't want to see your posts, they can click ignore for your name.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm well aware. You haven't been shy about telling people. Don't understand why some who ordered before you haven't received theirs yet. Makes no sense.
It certainly doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason - especially the poor folks who ordered a 22 last winter and it flipped to a 23 and they still don't have them. I think I'd have to just take a long break from the forums for my sanity in that case. Also makes it worse when you hear about long waits with no way to get information from Ram about why they have delays. Based on my own previous order experience even I could still get stuck in shipping purgatory if I am unlucky!

6of36

Reaction score
It certainly doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason - especially the poor folks who ordered a 22 last winter and it flipped to a 23 and they still don't have them. I think I'd have to just take a long break from the forums for my sanity in that case. Also makes it worse when you hear about long waits with no way to get information from Ram about why they have delays. Based on my own previous order experience even I could still get stuck in shipping purgatory if I am unlucky!
I think the big shipping debockle, was due to all the train derailments a couple months ago. It effected anything moving by train.

Users who are viewing this thread