5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

RebelRam71

Reaction score
Yes, daily. There have been no 5th gen member updates since March 31st. There is currently only 1 member waiting on a window sticker and 13 more waiting to be built so not much left to report on currently.
Appreciate it....thought maybe since there were so few left that it might have changed. Good to know, and thanks for doing it.

LGB24

Reaction score
Mine showed up on Tuesday. Ordered on January 31st. I love this truck. My first Ram after five Fords (150s and 350 PSDs) depending on my needs.

A huge shout out to everyone at Carson City Dodge Ram for an awesome buying experience!! I have purchased many vehicles and this was an exceptional one due to the amazing service from everyone!

View attachment 156547
Beautiful truck. Two things I've learned in the ~1 month I've had mine:

1. No pic does these trucks justice. They're just too awesome in person.

2. If you get the G/T package (or upgrade the exhaust), you can scare Tesla drivers.

Armydad72

Reaction score
I know that is what they said back then, but I don’t get that is still the case now. Not sure how many units they need out there, but not really out there, for them to say they are tested. And there is the OBD port splitter cable if you still need it.
Yea they are tested now. And there splitter is 100 bucks and they don't recommend or guarantee other obd splitters. I'm going with oem that waybit is with my warranty also

Armydad72

Reaction score
Beautiful truck. Two things I've learned in the ~1 month I've had mine:

1. No pic does these trucks justice. They're just too awesome in person.

2. If you get the G/T package (or upgrade the exhaust), you can scare Tesla drivers.
Yes agree all together and if you donwhatvi did I added an air horn and you can scare the crap out of anyone lol love my GT

kc135t

Reaction score
You really don’t need to put that much effort to scare a Tesa driver. They get scared every time they look at their “charge remaining” gauge.
I own both a Ram 1500 and a Tesla. They each have their own uses/purposes. I would never drive the Tesla on a vacation/visit to my folks house, about 560 miles each way, but the Ram is awesome for that. Also would not use it to help any of my kids with their various moves they have all made in the last year...truck is also awesome for that, especially with the long bed.

But the Tesla is my go-to for the 60 miles each way work commute I do. That round trip would cost me nearly $30 per day with the Ram...only $7.50 on the Tesla at current electric rates, and it was much cheaper last Summer. And my Tesla never scares me when making that 120 mile trip...

Bottom line, they both have their uses and nobody should ever force anybody to own, or not own, either one!

John Galt

Reaction score
I own both a Ram 1500 and a Tesla. They each have their own uses/purposes. I would never drive the Tesla on a vacation/visit to my folks house, about 560 miles each way, but the Ram is awesome for that. Also would not use it to help any of my kids with their various moves they have all made in the last year...truck is also awesome for that, especially with the long bed.

But the Tesla is my go-to for the 60 miles each way work commute I do. That round trip would cost me nearly $30 per day with the Ram...only $7.50 on the Tesla at current electric rates, and it was much cheaper last Summer. And my Tesla never scares me when making that 120 mile trip...

Bottom line, they both have their uses and nobody should ever force anybody to own, or not own, either one!
My Tesla experience has been with Uber. In Texas where is stupid hot most of the time a car with a glass roof and no way to block the sun just doesn’t make sense. Also Uber drivers don’t like to run the AC because that means less trips per charge and they have to go park it for almost an hour in the middle of their work day….

So being driven to the airport in a car with a glass roof with no AC in Texas for 30 minutes and then getting on a plane and sitting in balls soup for the entire flight and then going to a meeting is not fantastic.

A couple of years ago this also happened with my wife and me before a transcontinental trip. 12 hours on a plane after a no AC ride to the airport in the middle of summer.

Kinda wish there was a “no EV” option for Uber.

As for me, I work from home and my employer reimburses for gas/travel or rental car for longer drives.

Lab service dog

Reaction score
drove my Ram1500 Limited home Wednesday before a Snow storm. It took 40 days from order until the dealer received it. I had ordered an2023 f150 KR in August it still has not showed up at the dealer. This is the reason I went with a ram after many GMC and Fords. Will add a picture if it ever quits snowing.

John Galt

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited on Apr 3 and it shipped Apr 19. Waiting for it to arrive.
Ordered mine on the 4th. It was in production as of Apr 20th. Guess they’re just sailing through right now. With prices and interest rates being what they are not that surprising.

RebelRam71

Reaction score
Ordered mine on the 4th. It was in production as of Apr 20th. Guess they’re just sailing through right now. With prices and interest rates being what they are not that surprising.
On certain models, yes. The Limited seems to be their concentration currently. I ordered my Rebel a month prior to you and its still sitting in D1.

RamOwner313

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited on Apr 3 and it shipped Apr 19. Waiting for it to arrive.
I guess my dealer was right saying Ram is focusing on the Limited's right now lol. The manager told me 5 weeks from start to finish for their last Limited factory order.

John Galt

Reaction score
I guess my dealer was right saying Ram is focusing on the Limited's right now lol. The manager told me 5 weeks from start to finish for their last Limited factory order.
Yeah it was surprisingly fast. I had order accepted and a VIN same day the order was placed. Status D1 next day. Assembly less than 3 weeks later and probably already done (it was in Paint on Thursday). Hopefully MD does enough order volume that it won’t be sitting waiting for a rail car (and no mysterious train derailments on the way….but don’t get me started on that)

Also Limiteds come with no incentives right now so its s a very high margin product for FCA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread