5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer today that Ram is prioritizing builds based on trims... ie Ram is focusing on Limited's, and they had their last limited order arrive in 5 weeks from order entry to arrival at dealer. The sales manager told me my build for the Ram Rebel would take 4-6 months based on what Ram was doing. Any truth to this?
I doubt it. Unless you want a 2500 Rebel. Orders were taking months, due to the fact they had so many before production started. They have caught up, and are coming much faster. They do build in weird order though. They run in batches of VINs, but by groups. 2500s take at least 6 months if you are lucky, because they are built in Mexico, and have to go through customs.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer today that Ram is prioritizing builds based on trims... ie Ram is focusing on Limited's, and they had their last limited order arrive in 5 weeks from order entry to arrival at dealer. The sales manager told me my build for the Ram Rebel would take 4-6 months based on what Ram was doing. Any truth to this?
since i joined this forum in Aug 2021 NO ONE has been able to figure out how ram picks the order to build the trucks

fat chance your dealer told the truth.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone who has received a 2023 truck with the BUG and without Ram boxes confirm what the BUG included - i.e. was there a divider?

JB16V

Reaction score
Can anyone who has received a 2023 truck with the BUG and without Ram boxes confirm what the BUG included - i.e. was there a divider?
I don’t have my truck with BUG yet, picking it up in a couple weeks. But what I understand is that the BUG comes with 2 rails with 4 tie down hooks/loops that you can move along the rails. It does not come with the bed divider. As I understand it, the bed divider requires separate rails that are mounted above the BUG rails. So the bed divider does not connect to the BUG rails. Mind you, this is as I understand it from my online and forum research, not actual experience…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have my truck with BUG yet, picking it up in a couple weeks. But what I understand is that the BUG comes with 2 rails with 4 tie down hooks/loops that you can move along the rails. It does not come with the bed divider. As I understand it, the bed divider requires separate rails that are mounted above the BUG rails. So the bed divider does not connect to the BUG rails. Mind you, this is as I understand it from my online and forum research, not actual experience…
When you get a truck equipped with Ramboxes (and the bed utility group), you get the bed divider (along with rails and adjustable tiedowns). It does not attach to the rails, but nestles into the bedside corrugations.

Trucks with the bed utility group (but without Ramboxes) get rails and adjustable tiedowns, but no bed divider.

JB16V

Reaction score
When you get a truck equipped with Ramboxes (and the bed utility group), you get the bed divider (along with rails and adjustable tiedowns). It does not attach to the rails, but nestles into the bedside corrugations.

Trucks with the bed utility group (but without Ramboxes) get rails and adjustable tiedowns, but no bed divider.
Yep, I should have added that I was talking about about a non-rambox bed.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I should have added that I was talking about about a non-rambox bed.
Ram stopped equipping non-Rambox trucks with the bed divider - something about it blocking the tail-lights when folded out as a bed extender (which violates DOT laws). But apparently you can buy them aftermarket and everything is fine.

6of36

Reaction score
Ram stopped equipping non-Rambox trucks with the bed divider - something about it blocking the tail-lights when folded out as a bed extender (which violates DOT laws). But apparently you can buy them aftermarket and everything is fine.
When the divider is extended as a bed extender, it doesn't meet DOT standards, by blocking the tail lights. When you order BUG with Ramboxes, you get the divider/extender, but not the attaching points, to use as a bed extender, to pass DOT. After sale you can buy them from Amazon. 1681419318582.png

$Bill

Reaction score
Mine showed up on Tuesday. Ordered on January 31st. I love this truck. My first Ram after five Fords (150s and 350 PSDs) depending on my needs.

A huge shout out to everyone at Carson City Dodge Ram for an awesome buying experience!! I have purchased many vehicles and this was an exceptional one due to the amazing service from everyone!

CFEACDD1-6699-433D-B88F-1365F813816C.jpeg

mainjet

Reaction score
As previously said, no bed divider. But it also does include the deployable bed step.

I have considered ordering the bed rails to put in the divider. But after living with the truck for 10,000 miles I’m not seeing a big need for the divider. Also, after installing the LED bed lights I’m thinking the bed rails for the divider might block those lights quite a bit but I’m not sure. The standard tie-down rails cover the lights a little but don't seem to be a factor.

Last edited:

cliffsta

Reaction score
Excellent - thank to both of you for that confirmation.
The bed step is also included and that’s the most useful feature for me. I’ve used the rails with adjustable tie-down points once. I use the bed step once a week at least.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As previously said, no bed divider. But it also does include the deployable bed step.

I have considered ordering the bed rails to put in the divider. But after living with the truck for 10,000 miles I’m not seeing a big need for the divider. Also, after installing the LED bed lights I’m thinking the bed rails for the divider might block those lights quite a bit but I’m not sure. The standard tie-down rails cover the. A little but do t seem to be a factor.
I don't think there are bed rails for the bed divider...it just nestles in between the slats in the bed liner. At least that is the way it looks to me. I haven't put mine in yet but will now that I am getting a cover on as I type this.

6of36

Reaction score
I don't think there is a factory bed divider for a standard bed, because the bed walls are constantly changing width. With Ramboxes, the walls stay parallel, and have grooves to lock it in. You can get something similar, but it only acts as a bed extender, not an adjustable divider.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think there is a factory bed divider for a standard bed, because the bed walls are constantly changing width. With Ramboxes, the walls stay parallel, and have grooves to lock it in. You can get something similar, but it only acts as a bed extender, not an adjustable divider.
Actually, Mopar makes a bed divider for regular beds. They just won't sell it with a new vehicle.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking closer the price of the BUG changes with different options and beds so it appears at least they discount the price for configurations that don't include the divider. $945 for the BUG without RamBoxes and $1,045 after adding ramboxes and gaining the divider so I don't get that piece of the group but I save $100 on the package,

Last edited:

RamOwner313

Reaction score
since i joined this forum in Aug 2021 NO ONE has been able to figure out how ram picks the order to build the trucks

fat chance your dealer told the truth.
Just wanted to give out an update on this. So, the reason I asked was I changed my order. I originally put in my order the first week in March. I didn't like some things and wanted to make changes. So my sales rep asked if they could change the order Area rep said no build a new one. Then the Sales Manager calls me and says it could take 4-6 months for the build as Ram is doing them in waves by trim.

So we made a new Rebel build on the 10th, Got my new Vin on the 12th, and literally just got my email that it is scheduled for production... I didn't get any of that information on my first build. It's strange how they do it I don't understand it all.

Users who are viewing this thread