5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was reading through some older threads and another person thought they were getting trailer surround but then said it wasn't included when they went back and looked. Either way made me think of you and how this seems to be a confusing/unclear issue in the ordering process. Hopefully March April will work out for you. My truck has a button for trailer surround so seems like it should be available if someone wants it.
Talked to my salesman today. Still not available. I'm giving Ram 1 more week, then not going to buy one. I'll wait til Gen6.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No member builds this morning. Currently none in Frame but do have 4 scheduled so hopefully they will be coming along soon.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought trailer surround view was only available on the HD trucks.
HD system isn't the same. It just uses mirror cams, and 1 cam on trailer, so you only see down the side of the truck, from what it looks like on site. 1500 trailer surround actually puts 4 cams on trailer. Gives true surround view.

CBH

Reaction score
No matter what you choose, you'll second guess something. I got the granite two-tone because I thought it made the truck look higher. Sometimes I wonder if I should've gone with the single color. Good news is, if you decide later that you really want the two-tone, it's just a paint job away.
My two-toned Rebel arrived today. My only comment: The lower body paint is glossy black; same as the door handles. Everything else around it is satin black. I could look at the glossy black as an accent color and just live with it or I could either have it wrapped or repainted. Not a priority -- just something to ponder. Otherwise I love everything about the truck. 23 Rebel.jpg

First_RAM

Reaction score
You're gonna LOVE it!! I can't get enough of the interior. Love the lighter color...of course I am afraid to even sneeze on it. LOL!
Loving it even more now that I have the ham radio installed!

Attachments

• interior_installation.jpg
    interior_installation.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 40

IcewraithUSA

Reaction score
Is there anywhere that explains what those various codes mean? The D / D1 / E / KZM / KZX, etc? I think I can guess however I'd like to know for sure 😁 I think I get mine in about two weeks if all is going to plan

immersivenc

Reaction score
First truck I ordered showed up at the dealership today. The second one shipped 3 days after the first, so gotta be getting really close now!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty
I was looking at the trx forum and saw some cloned vin's

no one has mentioned it but. could these be from the trx's that were stolen from the plant?
The recent one appears to be due to a messed-up build (not sure what happened, but it seems to be common). I haven’t heard about any recent thefts at the plant.
Every day, there are a couple of builds on the leading edge of assigned VINs - there’s no way to know the actual reason, but my running assumption is that they’re re-builds of previous VINs.

Users who are viewing this thread