5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
did you add your new vin to the tracker?
I haven't ordered yet. I want trailer surround, and it's not available at this time. Customer care said it would be the 2nd week of March, but it's not. If I'm spending over $80,000, I want it with the options I want, and nothing less.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to call again tomorrow to see if I can order the trailer surround yet. My order will look the same, but chrome bumpers.
I was reading through some older threads and another person thought they were getting trailer surround but then said it wasn't included when they went back and looked. Either way made me think of you and how this seems to be a confusing/unclear issue in the ordering process. Hopefully March April will work out for you. My truck has a button for trailer surround so seems like it should be available if someone wants it.

bronco44

Reaction score
Well my truck was delayed again, ETA of 4/10 now. Crazy that a 40 minute drive from rail yard to dealer is approaching being the longest part of my order now.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Well my truck was delayed again, ETA of 4/10 now. Crazy that a 40 minute drive from rail yard to dealer is approaching being the longest part of my order now.
Keep us posted. I've got one headed to Koons also with an ETA of 4/4. Dealer Connect was showing a window as early as 3/25. Wondering if I'll be getting a call this week.

bronco44

Reaction score
Good news is once it does arrive the process with Koons is painless. Just got mine yesterday.
I hope that's true for me. I'm doing a trade-in as well potentially (or might sell to Carmax depending on the dealer offer). But I have to imagine that will add a bit of complication to mine.

immersivenc

Reaction score
I hope that's true for me. I'm doing a trade-in as well potentially (or might sell to Carmax depending on the dealer offer). But I have to imagine that will add a bit of complication to mine.
I just dropped off a car to GiveMeTheVIN, give them a try. Buying the car for what I paid for it 1.5yrs ago. $7k more than what Koons offered me. Not sure how they're making any money but works for me!

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
How long does it usually take to go from "Order confirmed" to "Scheduled for production"?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long does it usually take to go from "Order confirmed" to "Scheduled for production"?

For the members so far, average of 92 days. (Ranging from 1 day to 159 days)

However, that number only includes those members that have actually gone D1 now. There are still 7 members with wait times longer than 159 days currently. (some may have walked away from their orders and we just dont know that)

bronco44

Reaction score
I just dropped off a car to GiveMeTheVIN, give them a try. Buying the car for what I paid for it 1.5yrs ago. $7k more than what Koons offered me. Not sure how they're making any money but works for me!
Dang that's what I was afriad of. Out of curiosity, did you ask Koons to match the GiveMeTheVIN price?

immersivenc

Reaction score
Dang that's what I was afriad of. Out of curiosity, did you ask Koons to match the GiveMeTheVIN price?
I did not. In my mind it was too risky driving it 4hrs with no guarantee what they would actually give me. Put too much negotiating power in their hands for the trade for me to be comfortable doing it.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Update: The ground wire for the battery was loose. Apparently this has been a problem on other 2023s. Maybe Ram dealerships should start adding “check the battery ground wire” to their pre-delivery inspection…. Anyways, back in business! It does say something about these trucks that after waiting 7 months and after having it towed, I still love the truck.
I noticed driving home my voltage was high. It took 2 days with a 3 amp battery tender to show fully charged.
I was wondering when charging the 12V battery via a battery tender does the 48V somehow charged or is that only charged while driving?
just went through this mess with my Jeep!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update: The ground wire for the battery was loose. Apparently this has been a problem on other 2023s. Maybe Ram dealerships should start adding “check the battery ground wire” to their pre-delivery inspection…. Anyways, back in business! It does say something about these trucks that after waiting 7 months and after having it towed, I still love the truck.
Let's say I had a discussion with another member about him picking up his truck 3 hours after the truck arrived. Some dealers do not do a proper dealer prep. When I did dealer prep, we had to recheck many connectors, such as lug nut torque, shock bolts, suspension bolts. we also checked door and window alignments, and back then they were not computer controlled, so we checked timing, idle, all fluid levels. We repaired anything necessary. I then went to work at a Chevy dealer. They installed the radio antenna, and hubcaps, and called it prepped. A proper prep should take about two hours, plus any repairs or adjustments.

bronco44

Reaction score
I did not. In my mind it was too risky driving it 4hrs with no guarantee what they would actually give me. Put too much negotiating power in their hands for the trade for me to be comfortable doing it.
Ah ok, wasn't sure if you were local or not. I'll be driving my trade-in 6 hours from NY but made sure there's a Carmax only 20 minutes from the dealer as a backup plan.

Users who are viewing this thread