5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A non-Rebel would’ve made way more sense for me. But the Rebel just looks so cool! And I like the capability for when I do find time to go off-road.
It was bittersweet...but after the drive home I can say I am happy 😊 with my purchase and can appreciate all of the differences between the two. Way more bells and whistles than I had in the Rebel so I have some reading up to do. I do miss the seat of your pants acceleration of the Rebel...hoping this one breaks in the same or close.

JB16V

Reaction score
8EEE3FE3-93D2-4D71-BE67-46636CAC9E22.jpeg
Well, that’s interesting. Truck went in production on Monday and it was shipped 2 days later. It almost looks like the built itself was skipped. Does this mean I will be picking up a giant box of parts from the dealer? If so, I sure hope it comes with assembly instructions…

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
View attachment 155276
Well, that’s interesting. Truck went in production on Monday and it was shipped 2 days later. It almost looks like the built itself was skipped. Does this mean I will be picking up a giant box of parts from the dealer? If so, I sure hope it comes with assembly instructions…
call your dealer and ask for a new poc.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 155276
Our trucks take 1-2 days to be built, depending on shift splits. Many of them sail through inspections and get stickered the next day, while others get stuck needing a tweak or fix.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 155276
Production only takes two days for a general build. It takes more time for some options, like spray in bed liner, or decals and side moldings, which are installed at another location.

GPV1

Reaction score
Our trucks take 1-2 days to be built, depending on shift splits. Many of them sail through inspections and get stickered the next day, while others get stuck needing a tweak or fix.
Mine actually got stuck in QC for a week before it shipped. I asked the dealer not to prep it before I could come down and amongst the plastic, there was a computer print out on the floor that described the issues they found. Scratch on the tailgate, Batteries needed to be charged, a misaligned left side Rambox and a misaligned left side tailgate (multifunction). They took care of everything as far as I could tell. The tailgate looks perfect and everything is lined up nice and works properly. Cool to have some insight into that process and I saved the sheet.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick pic to share in the thread that kept me sane and made the order process a full experience. Now onto enjoying and learning about this beast. Full tint done yesterday and a quick laser wash today...still waiting for the winter weather to clear before getting her into the detail guy. 20230326_143132.jpg

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a quick pic to share in the thread that kept me sane and made the order process a full experience. Now onto enjoying and learning about this beast. Full tint done yesterday and a quick laser wash today...still waiting for the winter weather to clear before getting her into the detail guy. View attachment 155387
I need to call again tomorrow to see if I can order the trailer surround yet. My order will look the same, but chrome bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread