5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

LGB24

Reaction score
Sounds like a battery connection/voltage issue to me.
I will be ecstatic if that’s all it is. I had a Nissan several years ago that had all kinds of electrical issues and would constantly shut if all electrics while I was driving. Dealer could never replicate the problem so I got rid of it.

mainjet

Reaction score
Who knew it would be on a truck again getting delivered to the dealer so soon🫣

mainjet

Reaction score
Looks like the tailgate lamp is still on but no tail lights or anything

mainjet

Reaction score
@triple_B can you add tow truck deliveries to the chart on page 1. I think we are up to 2 members that have had to have their truck towed back to the dealer right away😜

LGB24

Reaction score
Service desk person thinks it’s a battery. No loaners available, but they need “a full day” to check the battery. What a mess.

Last edited:

cliffsta

Reaction score
Service desk person thinks it’s a battery. No loaners available, but they need “a full day” to check the battery. What a total f-cking mess. @RamCares
I mean your truck rode around the world on trains and trucks and sat in a lot for quite a while. Not out of the realm of possibility the battery is damaged. Crossing fingers for you. The granite looks awesome.

LGB24

Reaction score
I mean your truck rode around the world on trains and trucks and sat in a lot for quite a while. Not out of the realm of possibility the battery is damaged. Crossing fingers for you. The granite looks awesome.
But a full day? Give me the battery and I’ll replace it in 10 minutes.

mainjet

Reaction score
My guess is lose connection on the battery. Battery is probably fine but if they try to turn the cable on the post it will probably be loose. So your truck started and drove fine then you lose connection with all the amp draw and everything of these new computer cars and all your warning lights go nuts because they do t have the power and they say “hey! What’s going on.” The airbag I’m sure is the same symptom.

LGB24

Reaction score
My guess is lose connection on the battery. Battery is probably fine but if they try to turn the cable on the post it will probably be loose. So your truck started and drove fine then you lose connection with all the amp draw and everything of these new computer cars and all your warning lights go nuts because they do t have the power and they say “hey! What’s going on.” The airbag I’m sure is the same symptom.
I called the sales people and told them the service stuff is unacceptable and they need to get the service people to prioritize it. I just bought this, and I expect someone to look at it now - not at 5pm. That pisses me off more than anything.

mainjet

Reaction score
I called the sales people and told them the service stuff is unacceptable and they need to get the service people to prioritize it. I just bought this, and I expect someone to look at it now - not at 5pm. That pisses me off more than anything.
That’s for sure! They got your money and your trucks in their shop. Fix and give it back. Totally agree.

They can take a few minutes to look real quick and see if it’s something very obvious. They can test the battery also. Then if it’s something more (not) then they can talk about needing more time.
Just mention my name and tell them I said so. On second thought, don’t do that🤣

Ulster

Reaction score
I agree. I have a Jeep that I recently replaced the battery. I apparently didn’t tighten down the negative terminal enough and had all my dash lights, wipers, chimes all going off randomly. Once I tightened it down real snug, voila no more Vegas slot machine behavior.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score

I haven’t been on the forum for a little while now since I got my truck. But I only come to make sure the rest of you have been getting yours in. Congrats brother! Happy that you finally got your truck! She’s absolutely beautiful. Definitely worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LGB24

Reaction score
I haven’t been on the forum for a little while now since I got my truck. But I only come to make sure the rest of you have been getting yours in. Congrats brother! Happy that you finally got your truck! She’s absolutely beautiful. Definitely worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s TBD my man. Had to get it towed this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread