5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

bronco44

Reaction score
So here is my 2023 production story, ordered on 9/7/22, 4th ram, been loyal to the brand, truck was built 12/14/22, truck was shipped 1/20/23, truck arrived at dealer today, yes almost 2 months to travel from Detroit to Buffalo , 5 hour car ride . Showed up to dealer to look at truck , empty tequila bottle on the bed, straw wrappers and unopened straws through out interior and center console full of food crumbs, all plastic stripped off front seats. Truck is dirty but white paint on truck bed to passenger side doors is very different, totally off a shade of color. Wondering why it took so long to ship and thinking it was damaged and repainted causing the delay. Not happy after waiting so long for truck. At this point jumping ship to GMC.
I live in the Buffalo area as well and although what happened to you is frustrating, it may be a blessing in disguise based on how trash the dealers around here are. I talked to 20-30 dealers around here (have a separate thread about that) and all of them attempted to screw me over in one way or another. I'm willing to bet I talked to whatever dealer you ordered from as well.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would actually report that up the food chain. That dealer should be held to account for that.
So here is my 2023 production story, ordered on 9/7/22, 4th ram, been loyal to the brand, truck was built 12/14/22, truck was shipped 1/20/23, truck arrived at dealer today, yes almost 2 months to travel from Detroit to Buffalo , 5 hour car ride . Showed up to dealer to look at truck , empty tequila bottle on the bed, straw wrappers and unopened straws through out interior and center console full of food crumbs, all plastic stripped off front seats. Truck is dirty but white paint on truck bed to passenger side doors is very different, totally off a shade of color. Wondering why it took so long to ship and thinking it was damaged and repainted causing the delay. Not happy after waiting so long for truck. At this point jumping ship to GMC.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I don’t feel it’s a dealer issue, it took RAM 2 months to ship a truck and during that time somebody ate and drank in my truck and possibly caused damage that warranted body and paint work , that’s not the dealers fault.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t feel it’s a dealer issue, it took RAM 2 months to ship a truck and during that time somebody ate and drank in my truck and possibly caused damage that warranted body and paint work , that’s not the dealers fault.
Maybe not but they had to know there was a problem with the truck before you came. Not saying they should cover tracks but being transparent and honest like hey this truck does not look right. They billed them for the truck and they took delivery of a truck in that condition and tried to pass it off to you. Crisis averted because you are alert

LGB24

Reaction score
So much for that. I was driving it this morning and the truck just shut off and won’t turn back on. Getting it towed. Still has temporary tags on it. Heck of an advertisement for Ram!

Last edited:

mainjet

Reaction score
So much for that. I was driving it this morning and the truck just shut off and won’t turn back on. Getting it towed. Still has temporary tags on it. Heck of an advertisement for Ram!
Quit while you were going down the road or stopped or what?

mainjet

Reaction score
Sounds like you got the G/T (great tribulation) Series Rebel.

I would be out of my mind at this point…..OUT OF MY MIND!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread