5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question...what is the purpose of a grill camera? Parking assist?
I liked mine to make sure small kids and animals hadn’t gone in front of the truck by the time I got in the truck and settled enough to start driving.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
It's really a shame that the experience has been night and day depending on WHEN you ordered. My original order was back in Aug 2022 - that truck finally got delivered to dealer at the end of feb but by then we were so frustrated we had already placed a new order with a different dealer. That 2nd order from Jan has already been built and is in the shipping process - now when it'll arrive I don't yet know but it's ETA is end of Mar. My point though is that my 2nd order experience has been a reasonable time frame and the process has been great - and if/when we get that truck we'll be happy (at least we sure hope so!).

I kinda feel like Ram shouldn't have taken orders back in Aug/Sept when they knew they weren't starting production until Dec (?) or at the very least they should have been clear with their dealers on the time frame. My dealer (like many others) told us it would take "8-12 weeks" and that if we ordered in Aug, we'd expect to get the truck around Thankgiving (Nov 2022) - that was way off since the truck didn't even go into production until Jan 2023. If we'd simply been told back in Aug 2022 that we wouldn't get the truck until Q1 2023 we could have made a more informed decision (and probably just bought a 2022), but we didn't get that info and that's been frustrating.

And then there is the whole issue of people who placed orders back in Aug/Sept/Oct but saw other people who had similar builds and ordered in Dec/Jan get their trucks built, shipped, and delivered before them - I'm sure there must be some MBA Operational Management & Supply Chain issue behind it all (at least I'd like to think there's a valid reason) but to the commoners like us it doesn't make sense. That's frustrating.

This is my first special order vehicle - would I place another in the future? If so, it won't be until after I know the manufacturer has STARTED production and even with that I'm not sure. We started this process back in April 2022 and could have been driving a 2022 for nearly a year now - it wasn't 100% every little thing we wanted like our special order, but it was 90% the same and had I known it would take a year to get 100% of everything then I think we'd have taken the 90% truck and never looked back. Then again, ask me after we get our special order and maybe I'll feel different.

To all those still waiting, I salute you and hope that the long wait ends up paying off with satisfaction in getting everything u wanted - you've certainly EARNED it!
Ordered mine in August. Still don't have it yet. I'm hopfull it comes soemtimes next week. It's sitting in a parking lot bit that far away.
Congrats on your truck coming in though! I'm always happy to see them arriving in driveways!

lpartridge

Reaction score
Well, it got here on the 27 Feb and put all my stuff on it today. more to do tomorrow. for me the 2023 rides are a lot better than 2022. or maybe because it's new but rides nice.

Attachments

• IMG_5093.jpg
    IMG_5093.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5095.jpg
    IMG_5095.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5097.jpg
    IMG_5097.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5098.jpg
    IMG_5098.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 54

spithead051

Reaction score
It's home! Can't say enough about how easy @Koons_Tysons_Corner made the delivery process. Had all the time I wanted to go over the truck, features, and everything else.

Only hiccup was getting a set of Mopar power running boards. Apparently RAM has not approved them for 2023 model year trucks for dealer install for whatever reason.

20230304_171433.jpg 20230304_173511.jpg

StickVA

Reaction score
Well here it is parked next to its older brother. I picked it up yesterday and it was a rainy sucky day so didn’t really get to look at it until today. Gotta admit it was totally worth the wait. Super nice truck. I will also give a shout out to Koons for a super easy purchase experience. Hope you all get yours soon, especially @LetsGoBrandon24! 388FED67-F159-4B3F-9DDD-12DF389D6C1B.jpeg

Pclantz

Reaction score
She has arrived! Thanks to all for being so helpful and informative. I'll still be tracking this thread for curiosity, and also how my other order goes that I placed a full month before this order, that hasn't even been scheduled yet. Good luck to everyone with their builds and trucks!
Ram3.jpg

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LGB24

Reaction score
Well here it is parked next to its older brother. I picked it up yesterday and it was a rainy sucky day so didn’t really get to look at it until today. Gotta admit it was totally worth the wait. Super nice truck. I will also give a shout out to Koons for a super easy purchase experience. Hope you all get yours soon, especially @LetsGoBrandon24! View attachment 153696
Great looking truck!

LGB24

Reaction score

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well here it is parked next to its older brother. I picked it up yesterday and it was a rainy sucky day so didn’t really get to look at it until today. Gotta admit it was totally worth the wait. Super nice truck. I will also give a shout out to Koons for a super easy purchase experience. Hope you all get yours soon, especially @LetsGoBrandon24! View attachment 153696
Nice looking truck family. Now the big question...what color rails did you get?

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Well, it got here on the 27 Feb and put all my stuff on it today. more to do tomorrow. for me the 2023 rides are a lot better than 2022. or maybe because it's new but rides nice.
she's a beauty - love your choices and that body color bumper looks great.

Re the tonneau cover - did that come from factory and are you sticking with that? How does is align with the MFT and any concern about leaks?

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
The LOOOOOOONG wait is over for @spithead051 and @StickVA and it was great to see y'all's pics. Really happy for you. Now if we can just get @LetsGoBrandon24 to get his, the trifecta will be complete!

We just got our pizza tracker completed as of Friday for our 2nd order from January and are 'hoping' for a delivery by end of March. Besides following this thread, my latest addiction is deciding on the tonneau cover - some really great threads about that on this forum, but it's down to the Bakflip F1 or Diamondback - with the edge currently going to DB from the weather/security perspective.

StickVA

Reaction score
Nice looking truck family. Now the big question...what color rails did you get?
I got the silver rails. Looks like it will work perfectly with the Retrax Powertrax Mx pro bed cover I got. I plan to install today. If I get it done I‘ll post a pic.

lyz9518

Reaction score
Just realized my auto stop-start system stops my engine before I make a fully stop around 2-3 miles per hour…. Does anyone else have the same issue? (I don’t know if it is a normal behavior tho)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online