5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

CBH

Reaction score
July 2025
I just got another update from the VON tracker right after posting my question -- looks like 7 Apr 2023 is the expected delivery date. Besides the spray-on bed liner, I can't think of any other “after-production” work that would delay shipping to the dealer.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got another update from the VON tracker right after posting my question -- looks like 7 Apr 2023 is the expected delivery date. Besides the spray-on bed liner, I can't think of any other “after-production” work that would delay shipping to the dealer.
What are the last 6 digits of your VIN?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not yet. According to the VON Tracker it went into production on 1 March.
Gotcha. There was no build sheet for it today, maybe tomorrow. I was going to look through the installed options to tell you what would be done at the body vendor (after the main production line), but I can't do it without the build sheet.

CBH

Reaction score
Gotcha. There was no build sheet for it today, maybe tomorrow. I was going to look through the installed options to tell you what would be done at the body vendor (after the main production line), but I can't do it without the build sheet.
So, the truck goes somewhere post-production where certain options are installed (like the spray-on bed liner?) and then there are other options the dealer is supposed to install, right?

BTW: I have every boxed checked for notifications but I have not received any notifications for our conversations.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, the truck goes somewhere post-production where certain options are installed (like the spray-on bed liner?) and then there are other options the dealer is supposed to install, right?
Dealers only install options that weren't ordered from the factory (like if you wanted to add folding steps after the fact). The body vendor installs the bedliner, factory-installed steps, bedside decals, tonneau covers, stuff like that. Accessories that aren't part of the main production line.

Goodone

Reaction score
did you have a check list to work from? Just thinking it would be helpful for others, so they do not overlook things in the excitement of it all. :) looking more closely I was hoping there would be the chrome inserts on the door handle like they advertise on the website gallery.
I checked it using my own checklist, but it is similar. I used to buy RVs and HD Trucks for them so you have to check it all. Mainly any issues with drivability, steering wheel alignment etc. I also change oil after 1000 miles and have a full alignment done. Trust me, I had too many issues with poor quality from the OEM.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
My truck is sitting in a parking lot 6 hours away. Been there for six days. It's killing me knowing it's so close and could come any day but it hasn't come yet! I know it's not estimated untill the 13ths but still. Any day now I'll be in the RAM fam again!

Swsoccer1727

Reaction score
My truck is sitting in a parking lot 6 hours away. Been there for six days. It's killing me knowing it's so close and could come any day but it hasn't come yet! I know it's not estimated untill the 13ths but still. Any day now I'll be in the RAM fam again!
I‘m in the same situation. My truck has been sitting in a parking lot 1 hour away. Been there since 2/21 and had an estimated ship date of 3/7, which was just pushed back to 3/15.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
I‘m in the same situation. My truck has been sitting in a parking lot 1 hour away. Been there since 2/21 and had an estimated ship date of 3/7, which was just pushed back to 3/15.
Yours hasn't shipped yet?

Mine has, it's waiting on a truck to head north. That's its last leg. Been on the train already to Massachusetts. Sitting at a lot there for a 6 hour drive north to my dealer!

Swsoccer1727

Reaction score
Yours hasn't shipped yet?

Mine has, it's waiting on a truck to head north. That's its last leg. Been on the train already to Massachusetts. Sitting at a lot there for a 6 hour drive north to my dealer!
Yes, my truck shipped on 2/19. Been sitting in Selkirk, NY since 2/21 waiting on a transport to CT. Had a ETA of 3/7, but that just moved back to the 15th. If you are in MA, Maybe both of our trucks are in the same location waiting for a transport vehicle to our dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread