5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Three hours is too quick. Prep should take at least an hour to an hour and a half. Porters cleaning and removing all the shipping plastic should be the same. If it only took 3 hours from the truck arrived at the dealer, until it was delivered, it wasn't done properly.
why would you make an assumption like this???

I have one of the trucks that has no issue other then the recalls issued by ram and the found nothing wrong

shame on you for trying to hijack my post!

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
why would you make an assumption like this???

I have one of the trucks that has no issue other then the recalls issued by ram

shame on you for trying to hijack my post!
I used to do new car prep. You may not have anything wrong, but they didn't properly prep. The vehicle is supposed to be put on a lift, and recheck all suspension parts for tightness, and check for anything loose, and check for things like exhaust rattles. Check lugnut torque. check tire pressure. Check all body panels for alignment, and adjust if necessary. Check window operation and alignment. Check all accessories for proper function. Back in the day, we had to check timing, and adjust carburetor. Yes I'm old. Check all fluid levels, including differentials and transfer cases. Test drive for rattles or wind leaks. Anything wrong was to be fixed before delivery. Then send off to the porters, to clean before delivery.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I used to do new car prep. You may not have anything wrong, but they didn't properly prep. The vehicle is supposed to be put on a lift, and recheck all suspension parts for tightness, and check for anything loose, and check for things like exhaust rattles. Check lugnut torque. check tire pressure. Check all body panels for alignment, and adjust if necessary. Check window operation and alignment. Check all accessories for proper function. Back in the day, we had to check timing, and adjust carburetor. Yes I'm old. Check all fluid levels, including differentials and transfer cases. Test drive for rattles or wind leaks. Anything wrong was to be fixed before delivery. Then send off to the porters, to clean before delivery.
sorry dude they DID do it properly!!!

get off your soap box
there are good dealers out there

Last edited:

spithead051

Reaction score
mine was ready in three hours!!

that dealer is lazy.

I believe the Koons "network" sends all of their new vehicles to a central facility for PDI and prep before sending it to the individual dealers.

I can't get to it until Friday anyways, in the middle of audits at work that take all day and leave me brain dead

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Trippi Congrats! Is your truck black or blue? The picture in the tracker looks blue but your signature indicates black. Either way that is a fine looking truck.

Nevermind...I see now your signature is for your 2020...doah.
Patriot Blue - I don't want to jinx myself with a new signature until I actually have the keys.

LGB24

Reaction score
I believe the Koons "network" sends all of their new vehicles to a central facility for PDI and prep before sending it to the individual dealers.

I can't get to it until Friday anyways, in the middle of audits at work that take all day and leave me brain dead
I hope you're auditing Ram.

StickVA

Reaction score
Well it finally made it. Just got an email that my truck is at the dealership. My sales guy said he just needs a 3 hour heads up. Lol. Anyway, I plan to pick it up on Friday. I’ll post pics when I can. It will have been just a few days shy of 6 months from date of order to dealership arrival.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well it finally made it. Just got an email that my truck is at the dealership. My sales guy said he just needs a 3 hour heads up. Lol. Anyway, I plan to pick it up on Friday. I’ll post pics when I can. It will have been just a few days shy of 6 months from date of order to dealership arrival.
They are rolling in now...CONGRATS! Can't wait to see it.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Well, I got mine home today, but not without incident. 🤨 I drove it from the dealer straight to the tonneau cover place to get my Xtang-Xceed installed. They backed my truck in then raked my grill with the garage door!! 🤬

Attachments

• 20230301_190220.jpg
    20230301_190220.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230301_143306.jpg
    20230301_143306.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230301_143301.jpg
    20230301_143301.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 61

mainjet

Reaction score
Well, I got mine home today, but not without incident. 🤨 I drove it from the dealer straight to the tonneau cover place to get my Xtang-Xceed installed. They backed my truck in then raked my grill with the garage door!! 🤬
Still a great looking truck! But that is really unfortunate about the grill

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online