5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Scout4

Reaction score
My truck showed up at MD earlier this week. I can't say I'm a big fan of the black handles. When I ordered back in September I was still under the impression that the handles were body colored... and I would've went with black/granite instead. I guess I won't really know until I see it in person.

Attachments

• 2021 (1).jpeg
    2021 (1).jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 62

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
My truck showed up at MD earlier this week. I can't say I'm a big fan of the black handles. When I ordered back in September I was still under the impression that the handles were body colored... and I would've went with black/granite instead. I guess I won't really know until I see it in person.
Weird as this is what the build guide says. So i have no idea what ill end up with because my build sheet says accent color which I assume is black.

Door Handles — Black (MNA) tradesman, bighorn and rebel
— Body-color with Chrome insert (MNE) Standard on limited Laramine and limited longhorn.
— Body-color (included with Sport Appearance Package, Night Edition, Comfort and Convenience Group, and X2 Equipment Package) (MNK/MNV)

DoubleJ23

Reaction score
Weird as this is what the build guide says. So i have no idea what ill end up with because my build sheet says accent color which I assume is black.

Door Handles — Black (MNA) tradesman, bighorn and rebel
— Body-color with Chrome insert (MNE) Standard on limited Laramine and limited longhorn.
— Body-color (included with Sport Appearance Package, Night Edition, Comfort and Convenience Group, and X2 Equipment Package) (MNK/MNV)
Interesting how the night edition description calls for accent colored handles but if you zoom in on the picture you'll notice the truck has the night edition package with white body colored handles.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 2.25.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 2.25.08 PM.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 29

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Interesting how the night edition description calls for accent colored handles but if you zoom in on the picture you'll notice the truck has the night edition package with white body colored handles.
Agreed. My quote came right from the 2023 build guide. So something changed since it’s calling for night edition to be body color but the package online says different.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
I mentioned rhis in post #1737 in this thread. My truck will be billet silver and the black handles look chap and nor complete!

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
I mentioned rhis in post #1737 in this thread. My truck will be billet silver and the black handles look chap and nor complete!
It sucks as a options but you could make a new order (they seem to be pumping them faster now) or you could take them to a good shop and have just the handles wrapped or taken off and professionally painted.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It sucks as a options but you could make a new order (they seem to be pumping them faster now) or you could take them to a good shop and have just the handles wrapped or taken off and professionally painted.
Or just order color matched handles and sell the black ones to someone who wants their truck to look like a 2023 model.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, the 2023’s that come with black door handles also have a black tailgate handle. So if you want to swap things out, you’d have to content with that as well.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
When I ordered my Night edition this is what the dealer printed as I followed along on order.
  • Black "RAM" Grille Badge
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • 22-Inch x 9.0-Inch Black Aluminum Wheels
  • 285/45R22XL BSW All-Season Tires
  • Accent-Color Premium Power Mirrors
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Passenger-Mirror
  • Black Day Light Opening Moldings
  • Black Exterior-Badging
  • Black Headlamp-Bezels
  • Black Painted Exterior Mirror Caps
  • Body-Color Door Handles
  • Body-Color Front Bumper
  • Body-Color Rear Bumper with Step-Pads
  • Convex Wide-Angle Exterior-Mirror Insert
  • Dual-Exhaust with Black Tips
  • Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element
  • Exterior Mirrors with Memory
  • Black Grille-Surround
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Sport Performance Hood
  • Tow Hooks
  • Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Also could care less if my tailgate handle is black, that is how it was before!

mainjet

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what - I think those door handles look good either way on that white truck with the night edition. Of course everyone wants exactly what they are expecting and I totally get that.

In the night addition with all the accents being black it just seems right for the handles to be black and I think they look good. If they were white they would still look good, they would just blend in. But if they sheet said they should be the body color then make them put the body color on there.

It’s like the limited with the chrome trim, I kind of thought the handles would be chrome but they are body color.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
ILike someone said I think they would go good with a granite or black night edition.
I will see how it looks on the Billet Siver.
Just don’t want to pay for a Limited and get tradesmen door handles- but I will need to see up close and in person really, not just from pictures.

Mr. Ramrod

Reaction score
She is on the way..
Congratulations! I just found out that mine got a window sticker so hopefully I'm not far behind you. I'm curious to know what wheels/tires your truck ends up coming with since it is a limited with night edition and the off road group. I ordered the same thing, but you can't configure it that way on the website, and I haven't seen any pictures or real life evidence of the two packages together. If you don't mind posting a picture of your baby when she arrives, I would love to see it.

Thanks!

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
Congratulations! I just found out that mine got a window sticker so hopefully I'm not far behind you. I'm curious to know what wheels/tires your truck ends up coming with since it is a limited with night edition and the off road group. I ordered the same thing, but you can't configure it that way on the website, and I haven't seen any pictures or real life evidence of the two packages together. If you don't mind posting a picture of your baby when she arrives, I would love to see it.

Thanks!
I will definitely post pictures. I am curious too. Way back in November I got worried that I built something I wasn't supposed to and asked on here and at the dealer. They called the factory and just got the answer that it would go through, but no answer on the tires. My build sheet shows ORG and Night... 22" black wheels and 285/45R22XL BSW ALL TERRAIN TIRES.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ILike someone said I think they would go good with a granite or black night edition.
I will see how it looks on the Billet Siver.
Just don’t want to pay for a Limited and get tradesmen door handles- but I will need to see up close and in person really, not just from pictures.
The handles are painted (not bare plastic). If you had a black truck, there would be virtually no difference between the styles. So it's not that Ram is going cheap on the handles, they're just painting the handles a different color...black.

rcsnow82

Reaction score
I will definitely post pictures. I am curious too. Way back in November I got worried that I built something I wasn't supposed to and asked on here and at the dealer. They called the factory and just got the answer that it would go through, but no answer on the tires. My build sheet shows ORG and Night... 22" black wheels and 285/45R22XL BSW ALL TERRAIN TIRES.
They are Falken Wildpeaks when you do 22" and ORG...

Attachments

• hPux9RIFaxCfswYQn5VTKqC0xME.jpg
    hPux9RIFaxCfswYQn5VTKqC0xME.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 25

rcsnow82

Reaction score

Thanks!
They are Falken Wildpeaks when you do 22" and ORG...

Attachments

• hPux9RIFaxCfswYQn5VTKqC0xME.jpg
    hPux9RIFaxCfswYQn5VTKqC0xME.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread