5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

mainjet

Reaction score
I ordered the truck on the left min-November. It was supposed to be Delmonico Red. I had told my dealer my back up color was Ivory White. Ram said mid-December they wouldn't build a Laramie GT in Delmonico Red, and automatically switched it to Flame Red. Meanwhile, my dealer decided to place a new order for the exact same truck in the Ivory White. I started getting really into the Flame Red, but now a bigger dilemma. The mid-December order (White) is now going into production 2/14. My dealer just emailed me the update. Do I wait and see what happens with any movement on the Red, or just take the white one? Either way, I'm so excited to see something going into production! Thanks to Triple_B and Eighty for what you do....
I think you should not take your second choice just because of this relative short delay in production for what you really want. Once you have your truck, all this stuff will fade away but you will have your truck for years to come. Be patient, get what you want.

Djennings94

Reaction score
I ordered the truck on the left min-November. It was supposed to be Delmonico Red. I had told my dealer my back up color was Ivory White. Ram said mid-December they wouldn't build a Laramie GT in Delmonico Red, and automatically switched it to Flame Red. Meanwhile, my dealer decided to place a new order for the exact same truck in the Ivory White. I started getting really into the Flame Red, but now a bigger dilemma. The mid-December order (White) is now going into production 2/14. My dealer just emailed me the update. Do I wait and see what happens with any movement on the Red, or just take the white one? Either way, I'm so excited to see something going into production! Thanks to Triple_B and Eighty for what you do....
Yo Devil, how do you know the white one is going into production on 2/14? Where do you find that info? Thanks!

Pclantz

Reaction score
I think you should not take your second choice just because of this relative short delay in production for what you really want. Once you have your truck, all this stuff will fade away but you will have your truck for years to come. Be patient, get what you want.
Yeah, I have been pretty obsessed with the red. I got excited to see one get scheduled, but I really do think I'll regret not getting the red. Thanks man.

Pclantz

Reaction score
Yo Devil, how do you know the white one is going into production on 2/14? Where do you find that info? Thanks!
This forum has been so helpful. I had never heard of POC (Priced Order Confirmation) before, but the dealer you ordered yours through can check and get updates faster than the pizza tracker will updte. The 2nd order finally updated a few weeks back. I was getting anxious and emailed my dealer today and asked for a POC update. They emailed right back and told me it was scheduled for 2/14.

LGB24

Reaction score
This forum has been so helpful. I had never heard of POC (Priced Order Confirmation) before, but the dealer you ordered yours through can check and get updates faster than the pizza tracker will updte. The 2nd order finally updated a few weeks back. I was getting anxious and emailed my dealer today and asked for a POC update. They emailed right back and told me it was scheduled for 2/14.
Might be faster to get the white one and then have someone else paint it instead of continuing to get the big green weenie of Ram.

spithead051

Reaction score
Might be faster to get the white one and then have someone else paint it instead of continuing to get the big green weenie of Ram.

Instead of RAM ditching the V8, hellcat, diesel, and going BEV. They should just offer a "green edition" for every truck where they paint it green and you can tell the tree huggers that you went "Green" with your new truck.

bronco44

Reaction score
I didn't think there would be any point in asking the dealer this quickly after I ordered but after reading this, I figured what the heck. I'm glad I did because I have an estimated ship date of 2/12!

motstock

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the estimate ship dates(release for shipping) on the POC are anywhere close to accurate? My dealer told me yesterday that it was 2/8, so soon I would expect it would go into production. I just don’t want to get over optimistic.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Looking at the new 23 Limited for sale at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles. Did I miss the Memo when you ordered the Night edition in the past the door handles were body colored. Now they are black, unlike my 21 Bighorn night edition that were painted.
Just seems like they are cheating us at every corner they can!

Attachments

• IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 37

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the estimate ship dates(release for shipping) on the POC are anywhere close to accurate? My dealer told me yesterday that it was 2/8, so soon I would expect it would go into production. I just don’t want to get over optimistic.
the estimated ship date on the poc is the date it leaves the assembly line
at which time a build sheet is released the next morning
it goes through some more tests before a window sticker is posted

is it accurate, most of the time

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Looking at the new 23 Limited for sale at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles. Did I miss the Memo when you ordered the Night edition in the past the door handles were body colored. Now they are black, unlike my 21 Bighorn night edition that were painted.
Just seems like they are cheating us at every corner they can!
Here is a 2023 Limited night edition.

Attachments

• B8A2AC79-49D3-4C95-917C-B10303233F21.jpeg
    B8A2AC79-49D3-4C95-917C-B10303233F21.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 36

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
I personally like the accent color for the handles on the night edition. Mine should be black.

StickVA

Reaction score
I didn't think there would be any point in asking the dealer this quickly after I ordered but after reading this, I figured what the heck. I'm glad I did because I have an estimated ship date of 2/12!
Dang B44. Looks like you may gets yours before I do. I hope you’re right. Maybe it will fill the train car and start heading this direction and we will get them at the same time. Either way good to hear you are close to having your first Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread