5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Thanks bro! She’s awesome and the lie-o-meter had me floored driving home. Yes I babied her but it hit 30mpg. Just downloaded Fuelly app. Going to keep track of actual mileage
My son had a 2014 Ram 1500 with an EcoDiesel in it. He had a lot of problems with it and apparently they had a lot of recalls so on and so forth he finally ended up getting rid of it. I think those were the Italian made engines, I'm not sure if I remember that correctly, but I hope the ones that are coming out these days are a lot better than the ones from 9 or 10 years ago. Congratulations on your truck bro!

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Sounds like limp mode.
I've had my 2015 Cascadia go into limp mode a couple of times. Nothing good ever comes out of that 🤬🤬. I didn't know they put limp mode on gassers. Hopefully he gets all that figured out and a new tire:) I wonder if ArmyDad went with the $4,500 insurance plan that covers everything from bumper to bumper for like the next 10 years or so. That's what I got talked into. Seems like a good idea although I will take a lesson from his experience if I plan on jumping puddles and go measure them first:)

Last edited:

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
I feel your pain! The great think about these charts is you can see your trucks progress. The bad thing about these charts is you can see your trucks progress

I was watching that group chart and my group was going along strong and you think "They may finish my group tonight". Then you wake up to find they didn't add a single truck to your group but they added 5 more groups to the chart representing 5000 more trucks. Next you watch as the build the crap out of those groups and your group doesn't move.

It's a real stress test they put us through. I have searched dealers on the Ram site thinking about cancelling my order and buying something that was already in. I just could never quite find exactly what I wanted.

Hang in there. It will happen.
I was in that same boat watching The Pizza Tracker wondering where the hell my truck was and the stress that goes along with that. To live and die by the Pizza Tracker! I too had second thoughts about waiting as long for my order and expanded my search radius like 250 MI to find a 2022 truck just like the one I ordered. There were none! I'm glad I waited although it was exhausting and frustrating and especially when the pizza tracker tells you something other than the dealership. And then one day the dealership calls you out of the blue and says your truck is here. And then all of that goes away😁😁.
Did everybody else get their name on their window sticker when your truck arrived?

cliffsta

Reaction score
I purchased an extended warranty. I’m not hard on vehicles but I do plan to keep this one a while. And all the fancy digital stuff is what worries me more than anything. And the manifolds haha

LMorris

Reaction score
I haven't read all the responses; where does the term "pizza tracker" come from? Thanks

DiNapoli18

Reaction score
Just called my salesman and he said the truck is D1 and waiting to be shipped. My questions are:
1. Does D1 mean the truck is completely built and waiting on shipping?
2. On my tracker it still shows I’m scheduled to be built since 12-15. Could my tracker be that far behind or is my salesman selling me a dream here? Lol

Chaos79

Reaction score
Just called my salesman and he said the truck is D1 and waiting to be shipped. My questions are:
1. Does D1 mean the truck is completely built and waiting on shipping?
2. On my tracker it still shows I’m scheduled to be built since 12-15. Could my tracker be that far behind or is my salesman selling me a dream here? Lol
Here are a list of codes and explanation, D1 just means it's been scheduled for production.

DiNapoli18

Reaction score
Here are a list of codes and explanation, D1 just means it's been scheduled for production.
So is what the dealer telling me accurate? That the truck is built. Or is my tracker accurate that shows it scheduled for production. I guess I’m just wondering if the dealer can see more than I can and it actually is already built.

Chaos79

Reaction score
So is what the dealer telling me accurate? That the truck is built. Or is my tracker accurate that shows it scheduled for production. I guess I’m just wondering if the dealer can see more than I can and it actually is already built.
The dealer can see more than you and from what I've read the tracker is wonky at best. So hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way you'll be ready for either scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread