5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Pclantz

Reaction score
Just heard that another 4 trucks were stolen from the factory this morning. I've lost count as to how many have been stolen in the past year from there.
How many have been stolen prior to this? I just Googled and it looks like they're made in Mexico, and Michigan. Which factory was this?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many have been stolen prior to this? I just Googled and it looks like they're made in Mexico, and Michigan. Which factory was this?
Our DT trucks (5th Gen Ram 1500's) are made at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
4 were stolen this morning
8-10 were stolen on December 21
7 were stolen on December 15
and the list goes on

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine what the "line" is that thefts and the PR they create for the brand is before they actually do something about it. RAMs are already known to be easy to steal, apparently so easy that they can be stolen off the factory lots and what little security, if any, they have is incapable of stopping it.

The "line" is a dollar amount clearly, but you don't hear about any other manufacturers having this issue on their factory lots. Then again, it doesn't seem like most of them also take months+ to ship completed trucks to dealers.
the issue is the crooks have figured out that the fobs are left in the trucks

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shame things like gates, tire shredders, security fences, or guards just don't exist.... real shame......

View attachment 147857
Not sure about today's theft, but in the past they have stolen at least one lower-end truck and used it to crash through the fence (to allow the higher end trucks out).

Atvdinner

Reaction score
Maybe they'll build the Laramie G/Ts at the same time/when enough are ordered? I wish I knew how it all works with RAM. Stinks you've been waiting since August.
The worst part is im without a vehicle. My 2022 Laramie with less than 7k miles was totaled in a accident 08/19. That's a Friday night on my way home from work.

I know it sucks to wait but it hasn't been as long as others have had to wait. So I'm trying to stay hopeful and optimistic. Luckily I am able to borrow a vehicle sometimes to get to work.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like someone is being tipped off, inside job. Security guard probably asked for a raise and didn’t get it.

Ruger

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer. He said she is ring delivered tomorrow. ETA was 11Jan. Won’t enable to pick her up till Monday because of my job 😑 but a least she is here local. I’ll send the wife to take pictures 🤣

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
What’s this about the plant being closed that I read on TRX?
“plant closure from Jan 3rd -6th and regular production to resume on Jan 9th”.
I tried a search but can’t find any other mention of it. What’s that shut down about.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my life once I get this truck and don’t ”have to” track it’s progress anymore. I’ll have to get a second job just to fill the time.😳
I know that feeling. I have my truck and I'm sending my best wishes to all still hanging on to any thread of hope of seeing your trucks sometime this year. It will happen.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Our DT trucks (5th Gen Ram 1500's) are made at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
and the list goes on
Holy crap! Hope they're dealership orders

Armydad72

Reaction score
and the list goes on
Say what OMG

Users who are viewing this thread