5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

LGB24

Reaction score
I'm starting to think a lot of forum members are getting the digital cluster and there might be something to the rumor of delays due to fitment.

(Ordered a 2023 Limited black night edition, level 1 , sunroof, 3.92 gears, 33 gal tank, offroad group, bed utility package ---- Confirmed Sept 23)
A lot of people with digital clusters have moved to D1 and into production.

LGB24

Reaction score
New speculation: My Dominos tracker just changed from having the Ram logo on the left side to a picture of the truck I ordered. Do people only move to D1 after their tracker goes from the Ram logo to a picture of their truck? I'm granite, so I probably won't go to D1 until around 2025.

rcsnow82

Reaction score
New speculation: My Dominos tracker just changed from having the Ram logo on the left side to a picture of the truck I ordered. Do people only move to D1 after their tracker goes from the Ram logo to a picture of their truck? I'm granite, so I probably won't go to D1 until around 2025.
I noticed mine did the same this morning. I ordered a black Limited on 10/29 with every option with a Hemi eTorque....figured given all the options mine wouldn't go to D1 for a while. The logo changing to the a pic of the actual truck could be a sign...

cliffsta

Reaction score
I went into production on the 5th and was in paint yesterday. (Status F) Mine also started showing a picture of the truck. Guess they figured out whatever the holdup was. Hope everyone with orders sees them soon!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm starting to think a lot of forum members are getting the digital cluster and there might be something to the rumor of delays due to fitment.

(Ordered a 2023 Limited black night edition, level 1 , sunroof, 3.92 gears, 33 gal tank, offroad group, bed utility package ---- Confirmed Sept 23)
This chart pretty definitively shows that there's an issue with the 12" clusters. The only trucks getting WS's are the ones without the 12" digital cluster.

1670418052178.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting none of the 7" Laramie trucks have shipped yet either. Probably just a coincidence.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Not sure what the issue is on those - perhaps there's another item (that affects Laramies and higher trims).

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
A lot of people with digital clusters have moved to D1 and into production.
Maybe I'm not reading the charts and sheets posted on here correctly, but I haven't heard of any that have the digital cluster being built or even in D1.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not reading the charts and sheets posted on here correctly, but I haven't heard of any that have the digital cluster being built or even in D1.
I count 2,686 trucks that have been built (showing the 12" cluster), not counting today's build sheets. But none have shipped. Rumor is that these trucks are sitting in holding lots waiting for the resolution.

mainjet

Reaction score
Just curiosity - How do they handle something like this when they have thousands of trucks built that all have something "wrong" with them once they find the solution? Do they come back to the line? I'm guessing that the clusters are installed but have an issue. It's hard to believe they would run them down the line and not put in something like the cluster. But hey, I now nothing about automobile production except that they know how to attract customers to their tracking site with a hope that they will see any positive movement. ;)

spithead051

Reaction score
Just curiosity - How do they handle something like this when they have thousands of trucks built that all have something "wrong" with them once they find the solution? Do they come back to the line? I'm guessing that the clusters are installed but have an issue. It's hard to believe they would run them down the line and not put in something like the cluster. But hey, I now nothing about automobile production except that they know how to attract customers to their tracking site with a hope that they will see any positive movement. ;)

I think they had some sort of software issue when UC5 rolled out in 2022. I think the trucks got built and once the software issue was sorted they basically went through the storage lot and updated firmware/software/whatever and then shipped the trucks out.

For the cluster I've seen folks mention a software issue and I think a fitment issue, but there hasn't been a lot of info about it yet so not 100% sure on that. So hopefully it is just another run around the lot and apply a fix and get the trucks moved out. I'd assume an issue requiring a run back through the assembly line would cause a complete stoppage on building those trucks as that would be incredibly inefficient.

mainjet

Reaction score
good way to sell the rest of the 22's. Leak-out that there is a problem with the 23's and don't ship until the end of the year. People will start getting worried and just buy the 22. Then they start shipping the 23's. Sinister! :devilish:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think they had some sort of software issue when UC5 rolled out in 2022. I think the trucks got built and once the software issue was sorted they basically went through the storage lot and updated firmware/software/whatever and then shipped the trucks out.

For the cluster I've seen folks mention a software issue and I think a fitment issue, but there hasn't been a lot of info about it yet so not 100% sure on that. So hopefully it is just another run around the lot and apply a fix and get the trucks moved out. I'd assume an issue requiring a run back through the assembly line would cause a complete stoppage on building those trucks as that would be incredibly inefficient.
I heard it was a fitment issue. Haven't heard anything about software.

mainjet

Reaction score
nothing ever is put back on the line.
they have shops to handle issues like this
Certainly makes sense if it was a software issue. Can't imagine continuing to pump out thousands of vehicle that have an improperly fitting part.

Users who are viewing this thread