5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
New Member - been following this thread since it opened. We ordered a 2023 Longhorn in the ivory tricoat mid-Aug 2022 and received the email from Ram that our order was received on Aug 20, 2022 - since then nothing. Dealer originally told us it should take 2-3 months and to expect the vehicle in Nov or December. Obviously that's not happening. It's been helpful to share the long journey of waiting with the rest of the group. Thanks for continuing this thread.

LGB24

Reaction score
1226 Build Sheets found today. 1 more forum members with a truck starting production! Congratulations to @cliffsta

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
501101 @cliffstaXLouisianaBlueRebel
According to @triple_B's updated chart on page 1, Ram issued three build sheets for granite trucks! Looks like the granite drought is ending. Wonder what trims those are.

cliffsta

Reaction score
1226 Build Sheets found today. 1 more forum members with a truck starting production! Congratulations to @cliffsta

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
501101 @cliffstaXLouisianaBlueRebel
Yay for me! 😁 This will be my first Ram. Grew up a Chevy guy but my mom’s family were always MOPAR. My grandma still drives Chrysler minivans and she just bought herself a 2021 Pacifica. Dominos pizza app estimates delivery January 8th. So we’ll see….

mainjet

Reaction score
Yay for me! 😁 This will be my first Ram. Grew up a Chevy guy but my mom’s family were always MOPAR. My grandma still drives Chrysler minivans and she just bought herself a 2021 Pacifica. Dominos pizza app estimates delivery January 8th. So we’ll see….
congrats! Pretty darn exciting. The rest of us poor slumps will be right here begging for information on our own trucks if your looking for us :ROFLMAO:

Ruger

Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer on the way home, my normal once a month visit. They have free coffee and snacks 😄. Anyway asked if they know anything about the delays with the 2023 and for a new POC status. They said they have no information on production problem other than supply chain stuff. The new POC states the same thing as triple_B tracker “D1” status. The only odd thing is that is has an estimated ship date of 2022-12-14. I guess in a perfect world that would be sending out next week. Just goes to confirm that they might be having production issues.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer on the way home, my normal once a month visit. They have free coffee and snacks 😄. Anyway asked if they know anything about the delays with the 2023 and for a new POC status. They said they have no information on production problem other than supply chain stuff. The new POC states the same thing as triple_B tracker “D1” status. The only odd thing is that is has an estimated ship date of 2022-12-14. I guess in a perfect world that would be sending out next week. Just goes to confirm that they might be having production issues.
For the past year or more the estimated ship date tends to be the day you start production, so be looking for build sheet around the 14th.

DiezNutz

Reaction score
I think they had some sort of software issue when UC5 rolled out in 2022. I think the trucks got built and once the software issue was sorted they basically went through the storage lot and updated firmware/software/whatever and then shipped the trucks out.

For the cluster I've seen folks mention a software issue and I think a fitment issue, but there hasn't been a lot of info about it yet so not 100% sure on that. So hopefully it is just another run around the lot and apply a fix and get the trucks moved out. I'd assume an issue requiring a run back through the assembly line would cause a complete stoppage on building those trucks as that would be incredibly inefficient.
Hopefully not sitting around in lots for long, with batteries draining in the December, Michigan weather.... we already know these factory batteries are weak af :(

DiezNutz

Reaction score
Ordered a flame red ,night edition ,big horn, built and shipped and a white, night edition, Rebel currently being built according to the website , on 9/7/22 ,supposed to be at dealer mid January .
I also have a White, Night Edition Rebel, ordered about a couple of weeks after yours. I'm just in D1, no ship date yet, but based on your info maybe mine will be built in the next couple of weeks. Maybe (?) :giggle: I'm not looking for mine before sometime in January, either.

T Ferguson

Reaction score
According to my dealer my truck remains in “I” status. That makes this day 8 of i status. 🤷‍♂️🤪

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
According to my dealer my truck remains in “I” status. That makes this day 8 of i status. 🤷‍♂️🤪
when did you order and are you in the forum tracker

AcidMaxx

Reaction score
BTW You can use the keyboard shortcut Control + F (for Windows) and Cmd + F (for Mac) to search the tracker for your forum user name.

T Ferguson

Reaction score

10/28 and yes, I’m in there. #308.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
10/28 and yes, I’m in there. #308.
have you seen the codes here

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
** BUILD SHEET BECOMES AVAILABLE**

Users who are viewing this thread