5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell why there is a hold up on a vehicle being built? I have asked the dealer and they sent me a new POC today and like the 18th of January’s POC, the status is JB shipped to body vendor. The build supposedly started on this vehicle on the 9th of January.
You dealer will be the best source for up to date information, nothing available to the public will match it

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell why there is a hold up on a vehicle being built? I have asked the dealer and they sent me a new POC today and like the 18th of January’s POC, the status is JB shipped to body vendor. The build supposedly started on this vehicle on the 9th of January.
have your dealer contact their area manager

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
You dealer will be the best source for up to date information, nothing available to the public will match it

My dealer says that he see’s what I see. I asked for the updated POC and still nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
I guess I'm a little confused now that my truck is making progress. Last week my dealer's POC showed scheduled for 2/1. Yesterday I get a text and email from Ram saying I'm scheduled for production on 1/30. triple_B shows I'm scheduled for production.
Today I get a text from my sales guy saying I'm in JB status. That means the truck is built and done minus the bed liner, right? No Buildsheet or window sticker? No other notices along the build? Is it actually done?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm a little confused now that my truck is making progress. Last week my dealer's POC showed scheduled for 2/1. Yesterday I get a text and email from Ram saying I'm scheduled for production on 1/30. triple_B shows I'm scheduled for production.
Today I get a text from my sales guy saying I'm in JB status. That means the truck is built and done minus the bed liner, right? No Buildsheet or window sticker? No other notices along the build? Is it actually done?
You've got a build sheet this morning, triple_B just hasn't posted today's results yet. Window sticker will come once you get past final inspection and it is invoiced/released for shipping.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LGB24

Reaction score

LGB24

Reaction score
There were 3,017 build sheets on the day you got yours (1/23/23). 553 of them (18.3%) still don't have window stickers. You're not alone.
I stand corrected. I started production on 1/21 but got the build sheet at 1/23. And 553 of us must be in some body vendor hell. 🙃 As long as I don't go to whatever the storage status is, I'm fine.

spithead051

Reaction score
I stand corrected. I started production on 1/21 but got the build sheet at 1/23. And 553 of us must be in some body vendor hell. 🙃 As long as I don't go to whatever the storage status is, I'm fine.

You and I have similar builds and the same production and ETAs. I'm still in body vendor hell so you aren't alone!

cliffsta

Reaction score
That was the worst part of the wait for me. The truck being built but going in storage waiting on the cluster. Those couple weeks were worse than waiting on production to start for 3 months.

vetobe

Reaction score
Body vendor hell is correct. At least you are not at 24 days after build started.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
That was the worst part of the wait for me. The truck being built but going in storage waiting on the cluster. Those couple weeks were worse than waiting on production to start for 3 months.
This was amplified by the fact we all knew trucks were being stolen. Glad I was part of that group for sure.

StickVA

Reaction score
Man...I feel everyones pain...Mine was built on 1/18 but now its sitting waiting for a train ride to MD. I got an updated POC yesterday and its still TBD. Knowing its built and waiting for it to ship is worse than waiting for it to be scheduled to build!

Pclantz

Reaction score
Man...I feel everyones pain...Mine was built on 1/18 but now its sitting waiting for a train ride to MD. I got an updated POC yesterday and its still TBD. Knowing its built and waiting for it to ship is worse than waiting for it to be scheduled to build!
Are you sure about that??? I'd rather mine be built and get my window sticker than still be waiting for it to say anything other than "order confirmed"......All the waiting is rough though for (most). I'm jealous of the few who ordered in December and already have built trucks.

Although, I did just look and you're in the 505, so you must have ordered in October? Mine was November and tired of waiting for anything to move on it.

Last edited:

abdavis88

Reaction score
Anyone else hearing that Big Horn Crew Cabs are not available to order in the system right now? Mark Dodge just found out yesterday and relayed the news to me. I will have to wait and hope it was a temporary pause for that model and configuration?

StickVA

Reaction score
Are you sure about that??? I'd rather mine be built and get my window sticker than still be waiting for it to say anything other than "order confirmed"......All the waiting is rough though for (most). I'm jealous of the few who ordered in December and already have built trucks.

Although, I did just look and you're in the 505, so you must have ordered in October? Mine was November and tired of waiting for anything to move on it.
Mine was 502...ordered Sept 11th...Its been a loooooonnnnnnggggggg wait. Lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else hearing that Big Horn Crew Cabs are not available to order in the system right now? Mark Dodge just found out yesterday and relayed the news to me. I will have to wait and hope it was a temporary pause for that model and configuration?
Did they specifically say it is "Bighorn Crew Cab" that is the restriction? There's practically no difference between that and many other trims (Laramie Crew Cab, for example), so that doesn't seem to make much sense.

abdavis88

Reaction score
Did they specifically say it is "Bighorn Crew Cab" that is the restriction? There's practically no difference between that and many other trims (Laramie Crew Cab, for example), so that doesn't seem to make much sense.
Yes just BH Crew Cab. I am seeing them being built and shipped now. But a pause on new orders is what they said. Heather from Mark Dodge. Hope it is temp.

Users who are viewing this thread