5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may want to get your truck and then look into getting a resonator put on there. When I bought my 07 used it came with a single exhaust and the deal I made with the dealership was you put a dual exhaust on there I'll buy it. They put a whole new exhaust on there and a resonator. Shortly after that I put a cold air intake on the truck and that is the throatiest sounding vehicle I've heard, and or have had in Forever. I'm just sayin'
yes the gt exhaust can be bought, there are threads on this in this forum, you need to change the muffler and both resonators, but is bolts on and it only 2 parts, the muffler assembly comes with one resonator and you need the 2nd one, you re use your tailpipe.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
yes the gt exhaust can be bought, there are threads on this in this forum, you need to change the muffler and both resonators, but is bolts on and it only 2 parts, the muffler assembly comes with one resonator and you need the 2nd one, you re use your tailpipe.
I also noticed on one of these vendor links somewhere I had found an aftermarket cold air intake that we can get for the 5.7 eTorque for about 400 bucks. Might be looking into doing that after I get my truck. Hopefully only got a couple of weeks left! :)

spaciousgarage

Reaction score
I am so confused as to WTF is going on with my truck. Now there are members with VINs past mine and ETA's after mine that have started production and have build sheets while I've been in frame for almost 2 weeks. I know I'm starting to sound like the squeaky wheel on this thread but watching me get passed up is getting old!

Maybe a blessing in disguise though, was let go from my job on Monday and gives me time to get back in the saddle somewhere else to afford this damn thing :LOL:

I also see that my RAM tracker shows 1/28/2023 as my ETA now instead of @triple_B reported 1/20/23. Time to just settle in and kick back, will be nice to take a break from checking this thread every minute of the day lol

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
I did read it and that's how I learned that's why my truck hasn't been updated since 08/25.

Please understand I'm only trying to understand why. I've never ordered a truck before and don't know what to expect. I'm on both forums daily trying to soak up as much information as possible so I don't have to ask questions.

I had no idea what I had ordered was not a regular produced truck, now I know. I would have gone with somthing else would I have known this was going to delay it. Dealer told me 8-12 weeks and I knew that wasn't happening but I didn't expect to see nothing this far in. To be honest I wasn't sure what I expected. Not that it matters but I ordered a truck because mine was totalled (she saved my life) and they didn't have anything new on the lot.
I get it, this is what i signed up for by ordering a truck.

About the cluster, if it comes with the old one or new one it doesn't much matter to me. Not having reliable transportation is for the birds.
I hear ya, Atvdinner and share your experience. This is our first special order vehicle as well. We're trying to move over from Toyota to Ram. We chose to go with Longhorn edition with the V6 because were not towing anything but upgraded with Level 1, Sunroof, etc. We ordered in mid Aug and dealer said 'around 3 months'. We were hoping to have it THanksgiving, then Christmas, then maybe Jan, now who knows. It seems like Longhorns are being produced now and they're showing up on dealer websites now too, however they look like Hemis and I haven't seen any dealer sites showing a Longhorn with the upgrades we wanted. Our special order appears to be an outlier with that V6 and my fear is that it ain't getting done any time soon. Had I known this we'd probably have gone with a Longhorn Hemi from 2022 or even a Limited and have been driving it for half a year now. Instead all the ones we could have purchased are gone and so now we wait. And don't get me started on the FWP vs MSRP pricing or the potential affiliate pricing discount - all things I learned on this forum and didn't know going in. Such is life for a #RamNoob but maybe there's hope for the future in 2023?

Armydad72

Reaction score
Hoping mine makes it on a rail car before everyone leaves for the holidays. What’s the normal time spent in KZ? Considering all the trucks headed for MD in Louisiana I’m hoping it isn’t long before my truck gets a lift on the railroad. I figure it’s safer from thieves in a rail car than in the parking lot at SHAP 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mine is on the way to fl I hope it beats the cold deadpool is a fl truck lol he does not like cold. I have air suspension and it does not like cold I hope it will be OK.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also noticed on one of these vendor links somewhere I had found an aftermarket cold air intake that we can get for the 5.7 eTorque for about 400 bucks. Might be looking into doing that after I get my truck. Hopefully only got a couple of weeks left! :)
you could also buy th gt air intake but it is more expensive

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya, Atvdinner and share your experience. This is our first special order vehicle as well. We're trying to move over from Toyota to Ram. We chose to go with Longhorn edition with the V6 because were not towing anything but upgraded with Level 1, Sunroof, etc. We ordered in mid Aug and dealer said 'around 3 months'. We were hoping to have it THanksgiving, then Christmas, then maybe Jan, now who knows. It seems like Longhorns are being produced now and they're showing up on dealer websites now too, however they look like Hemis and I haven't seen any dealer sites showing a Longhorn with the upgrades we wanted. Our special order appears to be an outlier with that V6 and my fear is that it ain't getting done any time soon. Had I known this we'd probably have gone with a Longhorn Hemi from 2022 or even a Limited and have been driving it for half a year now. Instead all the ones we could have purchased are gone and so now we wait. And don't get me started on the FWP vs MSRP pricing or the potential affiliate pricing discount - all things I learned on this forum and didn't know going in. Such is life for a #RamNoob but maybe there's hope for the future in 2023?
Of the 708 Longhorns produced so far, 583 have Hemi and 125 have EcoDiesel. Exactly none have the V6.

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Of the 708 Longhorns produced so far, 583 have Hemi and 125 have EcoDiesel. Exactly none have the V6.
Thanks for providing the proof for my theory, @Eighty . I was hoping my 'science' was wrong.

I guess that's what I get for trying to do my part to support the 'climate change' agenda (JK). Perhaps it's time to call the dealer and switch to the non-etorque straight gas-guzzling MAGA HEMI my wife wanted in the 1st place?!? HaHa :)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for providing the proof for my theory, @Eighty . I was hoping my 'science' was wrong.

I guess that's what I get for trying to do my part to support the 'climate change' agenda (JK). Perhaps it's time to call the dealer and switch to the non-etorque straight gas-guzzling MAGA HEMI my wife wanted in the 1st place?!? HaHa :)
If you're going to support climate destruction, go full Monty with the TRX.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score

She sounds like a keeper to me dude!😁😁

LGB24

Reaction score

lol "MAGA HEMI"

CivilEngineer

Reaction score
View attachment 146166
I got this and a printout of a more itemized list from the dealer. My build sheet from the factory hasn't dropped yet.
What are the odds? I ordered the same options as your build in September and was surprised when the dealer said I could combine ORG and night edition since the website didn't allow it. I asked the dealer to confirm with Stellantis on the build before I put my down payment. She was able to confirm 48hrs later that RAM has a new 22" black offroad tire for 2023 which was the issue that didn't allow in previous years.

jkinton

Reaction score
426 Build Sheets found today. 4 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Rludemann276, @DRL, @jkinton, @J.A.S.

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
501785 @WoodgrainFRAME
1/28/2023​
KYLaramie
502479 @spaciousgarageFRAME
1/20/2023​
CAWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
503057 @Rludemann276X
1/31/2023​
MontanaPatriotLimited
503091 @DRLX
1/22/2023​
LouisianaDelmonicoLimited
504349 @jkintonX
2/7/2023​
ArkansasPatriotLonghorn
504477 @J.A.S.X
1/22/2023​
LouisianaBlackLonghorn
504527 @J.A.S.FRAME
1/22/2023​
LALonghorn

TOP CHARTS UPDATED!
Thanks @triple_B!

Is there a link to view the build sheets? I feel like I've seen one, but I can't find the post.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

motstock

Reaction score
What are the odds? I ordered the same options as your build in September and was surprised when the dealer said I could combine ORG and night edition since the website didn't allow it. I asked the dealer to confirm with Stellantis on the build before I put my down payment. She was able to confirm 48hrs later that RAM has a new 22" black offroad tire for 2023 which was the issue that didn't allow in previous years.
Dang! I wanted to get the ORG with the night edition but didn’t even ask because you couldn’t build it on the site🤦‍♂️. Congrats though, that’s going to be a sweet ride

Users who are viewing this thread