5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Pclantz

Reaction score
I'm frustrated about the G/Ts not being produced also. I wish I'd have known because I'd have gone in a different direction also. I have a car I want to trade in before too long, but also tired of borrowing trucks. Anyone have any insight on if it would just be worth it to make a new order without the G/T package? I might just go Limited at that point. Ram came back a month later and said no Delmonico Red with the Laramie G/T and that's the color I wanted most anyways.

mainjet

Reaction score
Per KnightMare (on the TRX forum):

Production ran for a few hours and left. 2nd shift cancelled too. Ran out of parts
Bummer... Oh well, things happen. But so close to the holiday break it would have been nice if they could have gotten to the break.

spithead051

Reaction score
Bummer... Oh well, things happen. But so close to the holiday break it would have been nice if they could have gotten to the break.

Yeah, I think it is going to be a low production week as they head into the holiday shut down this weekend and next week. Suppliers are probably reducing production and/or deliveries due to the holidays as well.

Hopefully things come roaring back in January!

Atvdinner

Reaction score
I'm frustrated about the G/Ts not being produced also. I wish I'd have known because I'd have gone in a different direction also. I have a car I want to trade in before too long, but also tired of borrowing trucks. Anyone have any insight on if it would just be worth it to make a new order without the G/T package? I might just go Limited at that point. Ram came back a month later and said no Delmonico Red with the Laramie G/T and that's the color I wanted most anyways.
My "old" truck 2022 laramie was delmonco red, I wanted that color too! Sucker didn't even have 7k miles on it before someone decided to hit me going 65!
My dealer told me at the point I was at I should have gone with a limited but I wanted the performance hood. Thought it looks great with night edition white truck. So I stuck with a Laramie. Could be the worst mistake of my life!

spithead051

Reaction score
I did read it and that's how I learned that's why my truck hasn't been updated since 08/25.

Please understand I'm only trying to understand why. I've never ordered a truck before and don't know what to expect. I'm on both forums daily trying to soak up as much information as possible so I don't have to ask questions.

I had no idea what I had ordered was not a regular produced truck, now I know. I would have gone with somthing else would I have known this was going to delay it. Dealer told me 8-12 weeks and I knew that wasn't happening but I didn't expect to see nothing this far in. To be honest I wasn't sure what I expected. Not that it matters but I ordered a truck because mine was totalled (she saved my life) and they didn't have anything new on the lot.
I get it, this is what i signed up for by ordering a truck.

About the cluster, if it comes with the old one or new one it doesn't much matter to me. Not having reliable transportation is for the birds.

Production sequencing really seems to be as random as a blind guy throwing darts after being spun in circles so don't try to figure out the when of things getting built. You'll see that folks who ordered in August are still waiting for their trucks to start being built while folks who ordered in November have trucks ready to ship.

The Laramie G/T production is an odd one considering they are pretty regularly producing the Rebel G/T so far, have you asked your dealer if there is any info as to why production has not started on any Laramie G/Ts? I also wouldn't put a lot of hope in any timelines they give as they are being given estimates, if any info, and want to make sure you stay happy so you don't bail on the order.

It's a tough wait, I sold my previous truck back at the end of September and have been driving my track car to and from work and for errands and it SUCKS. Especially with the winter weather coming in where it can't handle any snow/ice. I was one of the genius' who had hope that I would have my Rebel by the end of the year.

mainjet

Reaction score
My dealer told me at the point I was at I should have gone with a limited but I wanted the performance hood. Thought it looks great with night edition white truck. So I stuck with a Laramie. Could be the worst mistake of my life!
Dude if that's the worst mistake of your life then you are living a charmed life😂

mainjet

Reaction score
I took one of those G/T's for a test drive and the exhaust sounded sweet when you got on it. I came back and asked the dealer if that exhaust was different than what will be on the Limited and he said they have the same exhaust. I think he was wrong which is ok with me but I would have liked to have had that on my Limited. Just sounded awesome

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took one of those G/T's for a test drive and the exhaust sounded sweet when you got on it. I came back and asked the dealer if that exhaust was different than what will be on the Limited and he said they have the same exhaust. I think he was wrong which is ok with me but I would have liked to have had that on my Limited. Just sounded awesome
Well, he could be right and he could be wrong. The G/T package is supposed to have a different exhaust. But for the 2022's, it seemed to be a mixed bag - some people got the regular exhaust, and some got the G/T exhaust. There are a couple of threads on this forum about it.

spithead051

Reaction score
Well, he could be right and he could be wrong. The G/T package is supposed to have a different exhaust. But for the 2022's, it seemed to be a mixed bag - some people got the regular exhaust, and some got the G/T exhaust. There are a couple of threads on this forum about it.

2022 model year seemed to be a real sh*t show with parts. After seeing so many posts like this I am surprised everyone got a RAM and they didn't send someone an F-150.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2022 model year seemed to be a real sh*t show with parts. After seeing so many posts like this I am surprised everyone got a RAM and they didn't send someone an F-150.
Well, 2023 doesn't appear to be shaping up much better. They kicked it off with the digital cluster problem. Trucks are just starting to hit the dealers, so it is yet-to-be-determined how many "other" issues there are.

spithead051

Reaction score
Well, 2023 doesn't appear to be shaping up much better. They kicked it off with the digital cluster problem. Trucks are just starting to hit the dealers, so it is yet-to-be-determined how many "other" issues there are.

True, 12" radio screens seem to be growing legs and wandering off....

StickVA

Reaction score
Is the 5.7 is only available as an e-torque for the 2023s?
Yes...at least that is what I was told when I ordered. Apparently you can still get a 5.7 non e-torque in Canada according to some of the previous posts.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Hoping mine makes it on a rail car before everyone leaves for the holidays. What’s the normal time spent in KZ? Considering all the trucks headed for MD in Louisiana I’m hoping it isn’t long before my truck gets a lift on the railroad. I figure it’s safer from thieves in a rail car than in the parking lot at SHAP 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Hey guys, my truck was delivered to the dealership today. It is a Laramie night edition but it did not come with the fender flares like most of Laramies and limiteds do. What do you guys think?
They changed the standard and options for the Laramie so much, I ended up ordering a Limited night edition. Who knows I might be missing things because I did not check off for the Elite Limited!

spaciousgarage

Reaction score
426 Build Sheets found today. 4 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Rludemann276, @DRL, @jkinton, @J.A.S.

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
501785 @WoodgrainFRAME
1/28/2023​
KYLaramie
502479 @spaciousgarageFRAME
1/20/2023​
CAWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
503057 @Rludemann276X
1/31/2023​
MontanaPatriotLimited
503091 @DRLX
1/22/2023​
LouisianaDelmonicoLimited
504349 @jkintonX
2/7/2023​
ArkansasPatriotLonghorn
504477 @J.A.S.X
1/22/2023​
LouisianaBlackLonghorn
504527 @J.A.S.FRAME
1/22/2023​
LALonghorn

TOP CHARTS UPDATED!

I am so confused as to WTF is going on with my truck. Now there are members with VINs past mine and ETA's after mine that have started production and have build sheets while I've been in frame for almost 2 weeks. I know I'm starting to sound like the squeaky wheel on this thread but watching me get passed up is getting old!

Maybe a blessing in disguise though, was let go from my job on Monday and gives me time to get back in the saddle somewhere else to afford this damn thing :LOL:

cliffsta

Reaction score
I am so confused as to WTF is going on with my truck. Now there are members with VINs past mine and ETA's after mine that have started production and have build sheets while I've been in frame for almost 2 weeks. I know I'm starting to sound like the squeaky wheel on this thread but watching me get passed up is getting old!

Hardly any Backcountry trucks being built at all, per the stats in Post 1 of this thread. Hang in there, bud. It’ll happen! That’s what I tell myself every day my truck has sat in any one status for multiple days. 😂

spaciousgarage

Reaction score
I know I know...starting to feel like divine intervention for me at this point so I just need to "woosah" a bit and let things happen.

mainjet

Reaction score

Maybe a blessing in disguise though, was let go from my job on Monday and gives me time to get back in the saddle somewhere else to afford this damn thing :LOL:
Sorry about the job loss. Hope you have good luck finding something soon.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
You may want to get your truck and then look into getting a resonator put on there. When I bought my 07 used it came with a single exhaust and the deal I made with the dealership was you put a dual exhaust on there I'll buy it. They put a whole new exhaust on there and a resonator. Shortly after that I put a cold air intake on the truck and that is the throatiest sounding vehicle I've heard, and or have had in Forever. I'm just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread