5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Out of an abundance of caution, I changed it to LGB24. Now if they delay my truck, they're just homophobic.
I think you just stepped out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Maybe, just maybe, if you give an apology to every group that has ever been offended, u might be able to salvage something. And I'd recommend changing your logo to the combo LGBTQ-Ukraine Flag - that should work to fix everything.

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
We got the word from our (2nd) dealer that our (2nd) truck order from Jan has arrived in town and may arrive at the dealer as soon as tomorrow or sometime this week. That would be faster than the 3/26 ETA. Could a journey that began in April 2022 to purchase a Ram Longhorn finally be over and the fun of becoming a Ram owner finally be starting? God willing, let's hope so!

mainjet

Reaction score
We got the word from our (2nd) dealer that our (2nd) truck order from Jan has arrived in town and may arrive at the dealer as soon as tomorrow or sometime this week. That would be faster than the 3/26 ETA. Could a journey that began in April 2022 to purchase a Ram Longhorn finally be over and the fun of becoming a Ram owner finally be starting? God willing, let's hope so!
Did you go see the original truck at the dealer and see how you liked it? I assume it was the same truck except you got the bigger motor this time?

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Anyone who has taken delivery of your order in CA want to give feedback on how long the shipping process took?

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Look at my signature
It has the dates for my truck in 2022
Your signature doesn’t have the ship date? How soon after the build date did it ship? And do you know by what type of transport was it shipped by?

LGB24

Reaction score
Your signature doesn’t have the ship date? How soon after the build date did it ship? And do you know by what type of transport was it shipped by?
You and I have very similar builds. Crazy that yours shipped the next day. What state? (Edit - Didn't see your CA post above...)

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Did you go see the original truck at the dealer and see how you liked it? I assume it was the same truck except you got the bigger motor this time?
@mainjet - good question - we did not go back to see our 1st special order but u are correct - it is the same truck just v8 motor. We knew we liked it because we nearly purchased the same v8 version as a 2022 model back in April 2022. We actually had an agreement in writing to buy a that 2022 longhorn V8 that was someone else's special order that took so long to get they walked away from it and so that truck fell into our lap, however at the last minute (after we'd already agreed in writing on the OTD price!) that dealer tried to slip in another $800 on their side and that's not how I negotiate so we walked away from that deal. The next day that dealer called us and said they would do the deal but they left us with such a bad feeling on how they do business that we said 'no thanks.' Of course, had I known that it was going to take another YEAR to get the same truck as a 2023 maybe we'd have paid that extra $800 but hindsight is 20-20 right? o_O

So to recap: 1st dealer had a 2022 V8 Longhorn back in April 2022 but was a shady negotiator - No Deal! We searched for months to find another macked out Longhorn with a V6 (thinking we wanted that for gas mileage) but couldn't find one - No Deal!. We placed our 1st special order for the V6 version with 2nd dealer in Aug 2022 - they were nice but we got tired of waiting so we cancelled - No Deal! Finally, we placed our 2nd special order with 3rd dealer and went with V8 Longhorn in Jan 2023 and that's been the best experience of all - now God willing the truck will be everything we've been waiting for all this time. :cool:

LGB24

Reaction score
@mainjet - good question - we did not go back to see our 1st special order but u are correct - it is the same truck just v8 motor. We knew we liked it because we nearly purchased the same v8 version as a 2022 model back in April 2022. We actually had an agreement in writing to buy a that 2022 longhorn V8 that was someone else's special order that took so long to get they walked away from it and so that truck fell into our lap, however at the last minute (after we'd already agreed in writing on the OTD price!) that dealer tried to slip in another $800 on their side and that's not how I negotiate so we walked away from that deal. The next day that dealer called us and said they would do the deal but they left us with such a bad feeling on how they do business that we said 'no thanks.' Of course, had I known that it was going to take another YEAR to get the same truck as a 2023 maybe we'd have paid that extra $800 but hindsight is 20-20 right? o_O

So to recap: 1st dealer had a 2022 V8 Longhorn back in April 2022 but was a shady negotiator - No Deal! We searched for months to find another macked out Longhorn with a V6 (thinking we wanted that for gas mileage) but couldn't find one - No Deal!. We placed our 1st special order for the V6 version with 2nd dealer in Aug 2022 - they were nice but we got tired of waiting so we cancelled - No Deal! Finally, we placed our 2nd special order with 3rd dealer and went with V8 Longhorn in Jan 2023 and that's been the best experience of all - now God willing the truck will be everything we've been waiting for all this time. :cool:
I talked to a dealer about an order with them. Apparently Ram closed silver and granite (at least for now). They only have the two reds, white, and black. I almost placed an order but keep telling myself “surely it will here in the next week or two”…

immersivenc

Reaction score
I talked to a dealer about an order with them. Apparently Ram closed silver and granite (at least for now). They only have the two reds, white, and black. I almost placed an order but keep telling myself “surely it will here in the next week or two”…
When did they tell you no orders for silver or granite?

Derrick-23

Reaction score
You and I have very similar builds. Crazy that yours shipped the next day. What state? (Edit - Didn't see your CA post above...)
Yeah, sucks about how long your’s has taken. But it will be amazing when it finally shows up!

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Did u ever find out if your deposit is refundable on the last order or perhaps if u make a new order with another dealer that has a refundable deposit? If your deposit is refundable then surely u could place a new order and see which comes in first, then you're sure to get a truck surely, right? (And don't call me Surely, Shirley) ✈️ ;)

mainjet

Reaction score

Wow that a rollercoaster ride😆 I hope the 3rd dealer and 4th order is a charm🤣 these truck are awesome but this world has the process so screwed up right now that it’s hard to feel good about anything by the time you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online