5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer - they're saying my ship date is 5/21... two days from now? We shall see - could happen considering I'm only a few days behind some of the recent Limiteds that have started production.

The manager I talked to this morning tried telling me it was going to take a few weeks to get here since it's assembled in Mexico because it's an EcoDiesel... must have forgot his morning coffee or something. It's an Italian engine and the truck is still built in Michigan!
should have had the dealer give you the code.
could be "E" or "F" or "G"

22GTRebel

Reaction score
It'd probably be closer to $300 depending on the product. I was told you'll need about $150 just in a good ceramic coating (on a vehicle our size), plus you need a lot of other stuff, like wash, claybar, microfiber rags, polish, and buffing pads.

I have some knowledge on the matter. I've had to do a lot of paint correction after removing a clear bra from my BMW. This is how I'd imagine the process:
Full 2-bucket wash with dish soap (to remove the wax and other coatings).
Wipe Dry with Microfiber.
Claybar to level the surface and remove deep contamination.
DI/filtered water rinse and compressed air dry.
Polish to fix any remaining imperfections in the paint.
Wipe with microfiber and alcohol to remove any remaining oils.
With gloves and proper applicators, apply Ceramic Coating to just one area.
Buff each area after a specified drying time, and repeat application for another area.
Move fast and buff each area before the material gets too hard or you'll have haze.
Keep the car moisture-free for 48-72 hours.

I live in Florida, I don't have a garage or work shop where I can control the temperature and moisture. It's better to apply in a slightly chilly/shaded environment or it will dry too fast.

For all that material and labor, $700 isn't a bad deal, IMO. I'm a penny pincher and a huge DIY fan, but I don't see this is something I'm willing to do on a full-size pickup truck, outside in Florida. Maybe a Miata, if I pull it into my work's shipping bay on a weekend.
YOU may not be able to coat your truck but I’m sure other members can just as I did. The Graphene coating is $110 (comes with coating, prep, booster, UV light, applicator and towels), clay bar $30ish and polish $20. So for $160 (sorry I misspoke) you can DIY with a little confidence, elbow grease and time.

Moving fast is not necessary because you do a 2’x2’ section at a time by applying, waiting 30 seconds to flash then remove. There is a UV additive to ensure you’ve covered everything evenly hence the UV light.

It’s not for everyone but I enjoyed saving the $600 for nearly the same results.

Rich6896

Reaction score
YOU may not be able to coat your truck but I’m sure other members can just as I did. The Graphene coating is $110 (comes with coating, prep, booster, UV light, applicator and towels), clay bar $30ish and polish $20. So for $160 (sorry I misspoke) you can DIY with a little confidence, elbow grease and time.

Moving fast is not necessary because you do a 2’x2’ section at a time by applying, waiting 30 seconds to flash then remove. There is a UV additive to ensure you’ve covered everything evenly hence the UV light.

It’s not for everyone but I enjoyed saving the $600 for nearly the same results.
Is there an amazon link to this kit?

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score

Capability, Yes. Time or Facility, No.

To each their own, I'm a fan of DIY and I'm a fan of saving a great deal of money if I can DIY. I'd say it's definitely a good 5-8 hour job if you do all the steps properly, and considering the size of our vehicles. It also comes down to having the time + skills + access to a controlled environment + the correct equipment (including a decent buffer and pads). I would not recommend doing it outside, let alone in the Florida Summer.

I'd also want to research which products are best. You like Graphene coating, but there are other products out there that might be considered high or low end. This is a semi-permanent coating that could make or break your paint job, it's not like a simple wax or spray-on nanocoating that you can wash off and redo.

Again, not arguing or defending, just saying I thought about it, added a little bit more research, and came to the conclusion that $700 was a fair enough deal to hire someone with experience. I'll report back my results, although I'm sure with all the MD buyers on here, plenty have probably opted for the same service from the same guy.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
990 Build Sheets found today. 2 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Rich6896, @shystalips1

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
332839 @Rich6896XLouisianaPatriotLimited
335246 @shystalips1XMarylandSilverBig Horn / Lonestar
Finally see a big horn being built with night edition. Gives me hope that parts are available.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
I know I'll never have the pleasure of finding out, but I would love to know what has my truck, or others for that matter bottle necked at the Body Vendor (JB). I'm going on 18 days based on my build sheet showing up, and Ram Chat has me at 21 days. Can't be the Ramboxes or Pano Roof as those are coming out pretty regularly. I just hope it's not an actual issue with the vehicle. I'd rather cancel and reorder, going to the back of the line instead of getting a truck that had issues.

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
I know I'll never have the pleasure of finding out, but I would love to know what has my truck, or others for that matter bottle necked at the Body Vendor (JB). I'm going on 18 days based on my build sheet showing up, and Ram Chat has me at 21 days. Can't be the Ramboxes or Pano Roof as those are coming out pretty regularly. I just hope it's not an actual issue with the vehicle. I'd rather cancel and reorder, going to the back of the line instead of getting a truck that had issues.
You and me both. I had a suspicion it was the MFT, but you don't have that in your build either and I've seen a couple of Window Stickers with them recently. I couldn't imagine starting this process over again--I mean, that's what warranties, lemon laws, etc. are for, right?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
if knighmare
triple_b
and
eighty
can not figure it out
only ram management can

bigmac5166

Reaction score
You and me both. I had a suspicion it was the MFT, but you don't have that in your build either and I've seen a couple of Window Stickers with them recently. I couldn't imagine starting this process over again--I mean, that's what warranties, lemon laws, etc. are for, right?
I just keep trying to remember that it would probably be stuck in inspection if it was an issue vs parts. And I'm just mad at myself. As soon as the build sheet showed up I sold my current truck. I've got transportation, and its certainly not a necessity, but I probably should have held off seeing how its going.

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
I just keep trying to remember that it would probably be stuck in inspection if it was an issue vs parts. And I'm just mad at myself. As soon as the build sheet showed up I sold my current truck. I've got transportation, and its certainly not a necessity, but I probably should have held off seeing how its going.
I understand. I sold my vehicle and I'm currently pushing my mother-in-law's Caddy. It's a less than stellar experience. :sneaky:

johncolts54

Reaction score
Well today I got a call from my dealer. He was told my truck will be delivered to dealership this Monday! Caught me off guard . So we shall see and excited to get. Was expecting like mid June. Will keep forum posted....Thanks John

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well today I got a call from my dealer. He was told my truck will be delivered to dealership this Monday! Caught me off guard . So we shall see and excited to get. Was expecting like mid June. Will keep forum posted....Thanks John

Wait, your truck just got built on Monday. How the heck is it getting to your dealership in 1 week?

jake_eizy

Reaction score
I just spoke to my dealer and they said they are not accepting the tread lightly affiliate discount. Are they allowed to selectively choose these programs or was that the sales rep trying to keep the price up?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Well after 3 months My truck showed up and I finally got it from Granger Motors. Process took 40 minutes and I drove away with a great price and a really good trade in price. No added fees and no bugging you about extended warranties etc lol.. Love this thing already.

Attachments

• 14D6C18E-A9A6-4CFF-B08A-19D9E5FBFA5D.jpeg
    14D6C18E-A9A6-4CFF-B08A-19D9E5FBFA5D.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread