5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Funny that there is ONLY 1 Olive colored truck for the entire year still. With no other options required it is already a "1 of 1" RAM 1500
I would've ordered a Backcountry in Olive if it had been available. Or even a Quad Cab Laramie in Olive!

mophead

Reaction score
I would've ordered a Backcountry in Olive if it had been available. Or even a Quad Cab Laramie in Olive!
in my signature that crossed out 21 Laramie that shows Granite originally said Olive Pearl. I was very depressed when told no longer available cause after you see it in person in various light, it's a great color. The pic below looks OD. It's definitely not in person

1649385924059.png

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First thing I noticed. I imagine it was ordered as a 21. Stopped avail. end of Mar 21. I tried to order one from MD April 2, 21. Really odd, is there a way to tell what model? BH, Laramie etc.
Yea, it was a Pilot Tradesman with a 5.7L eTorq so shouldn't even end up in the publics hands, but the occasional pilot vehicle will get out every now and then and end up for sale on a used lot somewhere. Always curious to know the story behind how those instances happen.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@triple_B, what is a Pilot Tradesman?

It is a Tradesman truck, but its part of the pilot program. They are test trucks for the plant that are not typically legal for sale. There are typically a couple hundred a year across all models. unless its a BIG release, and then there can be a couple hundred of just a single model, like for 21 they made almost 150 TRX's and those are the trucks that get shipped all over the country for the reviewers/magazines etc but have to be returned to the factory and are typically destroyed when they are finished with them, or they will get donated to schools and tech colleges for shop class but they sign waivers against driving the vehicle on public roads because ultimately Chrysler/Stellantis is liable. There have been instances in the past where a few of those vehicles ended up on the road and in accidents which resulted in hefty fines.

TheColt69

Reaction score
My Limited got delivered to my dealer less than an hour ago (I tracked it through Cassens)! I am so excited while I am waiting on a call as to when it will be prepped and ready for me to pick up. I would imagine that would be tomorrow or Monday.
I just tried Cassens, but I’m guessing not every vehicle gets shipped by them? I entered the VIN and the dealer number for Laura CDJR but it said no results 😕

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at my truck now that has arrived and hopefully going to do the deal but I noticed that the e-locker does not have a button anymore and they said that it is just incorporated into the rear axle without having to activate. Can anyone else confirm this?

scroggbi

Reaction score
I just tried Cassens, but I’m guessing not every vehicle gets shipped by them? I entered the VIN and the dealer number for Laura CDJR but it said no results 😕

I've also tried tracking my truck with Cassens, but no luck either. My truck will be delivered to Washington Mo dealership. My dealer told me they use three different transport companies from the Wentzville train yard, and they said that is all setup by the manufacturer during the shipping process.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at my truck now that has arrived and hopefully going to do the deal but I noticed that the e-locker does not have a button anymore and they said that it is just incorporated into the rear axle without having to activate. Can anyone else confirm this?
That's weird. Mine has a button (it's a 2022 TRX).

1649432422295.jpeg

petersandler

Reaction score

No buttons- no E-locker. What does the sticker say? The E locker should be on there as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sticker doesn’t say either anti slip OR e-locker. 😑
As far as I can tell, you don't have E-locker. I've searched a couple of other build sheets in the timeframe that yours was published, and those say "E-Locker Rear Axle". Yours doesn't.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, you don't have E-locker. I've searched a couple of other build sheets in the timeframe that yours was published, and those say "E-Locker Rear Axle". Yours doesn't.
Thanks Eighty! Shoot!! Now I don’t have e-locker OR anti-slip which I have on my current Laramie.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking I still need anti-slip or e-locker for snowy Missouri hills. Anyone care to chime in with experience that doesn’t have either and just relies on good tires, traction control, & 4wd???

Users who are viewing this thread