5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

mophead

Reaction score
Wonder if the one from 2013 will fit - if my 2022 only comes with one I’m jacking it from the ‘13 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely! I still have one from my 2012. The foam is stiff and it's misshaped, but I got one. Crapshoot otherwise.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are ever in the market for another DCJR vehicle, contact Liz McMullen at Olathe DCJR. They might not be quite as cheap as Mark Dodge, but you will never be treated any better. Just purchased my third new vehicle from them in the last three years, and Liz went out of her way each time to make it an easy experience. They are on the SW side of KC in Olathe, KS.

Good to know on both of your comments, thanks! My current salesperson is a bit of a an older grump, at least he’s honest I suppose, but we’ll really find out tomorrow. A little too honest for a salesperson though if you ask me. He’s a little too comfortable, a bit of a potty mouth for a sales guy. Haha

The guy at Heartland was being a d*ck.

mophead

Reaction score
Good to know on both of your comments, thanks! My current salesperson is a bit of a an older grump, at least he’s honest I suppose, but we’ll really find out tomorrow. A little too honest for a salesperson though if you ask me. He’s a little too comfortable, a bit of a potty mouth for a sales guy. Haha

The guy at Heartland was being a d*ck.
Just wait until you get old and barely give a $#!~ :ROFLMAO:

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I will say one thing so far. I sure like the UConnect 4 in our Grand Cherokees a lot better than the UConnect 5 in the Ram. UConnect 4 was so much better laid out and user friendly IMO.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Funny, but kind of long story.......

Got a text message from sales guy with truck #1 after I missed a call from him due to a work thing that was going on. It just said "Idk how, but you were right. Call me ASAP." It was a bit before I saw the message and a bit longer before I could call him back. But apparently he called me 3 more times. I call him and he admits that he finally got an email back from his regional Ram rep. Basically the email said that my truck went "missing" between inspection and the body vendor.......ie the lot where there have been frequent thefts lately.

More insight on that here:
That's one of the three thefts in recent months I know of.

At this point I ask him what we can do, and he said he's waiting for a response back from the Ram rep to see if they can expedite the order or get a better deal on it, etc. So for kicks and giggles I call ramchat and get the "It's waiting for additional parts....etc." Then I call a friend, give him the VIN, and he checks a database and confirms the truck has already been tagged as damaged.

So.....guess I get to wait a couple more days to see if he gets an answer. But I'm kind of wondering how much I can milk this for, even though I already ordered a second truck through MD. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

mike146

Reaction score
Honestly, even if you have an inkling of a thought that your truck was damaged and then fixed before you get it, let it go. No matter what, you will never be happy with it. Even if you save another 10 grand. You will be happy about the money, but not the NEW truck.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Honestly, even if you have an inkling of a thought that your truck was damaged and then fixed before you get it, let it go. No matter what, you will never be happy with it. Even if you save another 10 grand. You will be happy about the money, but not the NEW truck.
I don't think I could get that one, even if I wanted to as the sales guy was talking about an expedited order and maybe som compensation for time lost. But he couldn't give a definitive answer until he heard from his Ram rep.

mophead

Reaction score
Funny, but kind of long story.......

Got a text message from sales guy with truck #1 after I missed a call from him due to a work thing that was going on. It just said "Idk how, but you were right. Call me ASAP." It was a bit before I saw the message and a bit longer before I could call him back. But apparently he called me 3 more times. I call him and he admits that he finally got an email back from his regional Ram rep. Basically the email said that my truck went "missing" between inspection and the body vendor.......ie the lot where there have been frequent thefts lately.

At this point I ask him what we can do, and he said he's waiting for a response back from the Ram rep to see if they can expedite the order or get a better deal on it, etc. So for kicks and giggles I call ramchat and get the "It's waiting for additional parts....etc." Then I call a friend, give him the VIN, and he checks a database and confirms the truck has already been tagged as damaged.

So.....guess I get to wait a couple more days to see if he gets an answer. But I'm kind of wondering how much I can milk this for, even though I already ordered a second truck through MD. What are your thoughts?
Maybe see if you can get a CARFAX or maybe better the history of the vehicle from RAM itself. If it's clean and they offer enough off that you could resell it and make a decent profit, take that towards your other order. If you think you have time enough. Heck even trade it in on the other one??? I just traded in last fall and they saw where my neighbor backed into it. Didn't know about depreciation cost to resale value dealing with the insurance claim. Some insurance companies will pay it if you request it. Cost me about 1k in trade. Depending on damage to yours they prolly won't offer too much off. Slow play and see what they say.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks

dealer connect will also show SOME projected ETAs of the next major event but those are very tentative, and then updates to actual when it happens.

So like mine showed a ramp arrival eta at East Brookfield and that updated when it actually showed up (which was 2 days early.) And then it shows eta at the dealer as a delivery window. And that was like a 12 day window. And everyday the early date passed, and it didn’t move, they just updated the early date and held the late one. And my truck showed up somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

mophead

Reaction score
Funny that there is ONLY 1 Olive colored truck for the entire year still. With no other options required it is already a "1 of 1" RAM 1500
First thing I noticed. I imagine it was ordered as a 21. Stopped avail. end of Mar 21. I tried to order one from MD April 2, 21. Really odd, is there a way to tell what model? BH, Laramie etc.

Users who are viewing this thread