5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have ordered exactly what I want from a local dallas dealership (Limited, Night Edition, Sunroof, Level 1, 4x4, Granite) with a current estimate of being 6 weeks out. I found exact replica at a dealership in MS and Houston, and considering calling the dealerships and seeing if I can find a reason to buy those rather than wait for my order.
Appreciate all the feedback from everyone!
You could always have it trailered by a private company. But, I still recommend that you at least call Mark Dodge to get a price. I think you may be surprised at how much you might save. Unless, you got a really good deal locally. I live just East of Dallas and I tried 5 dealers and nobody would even consider the deal I got from Mark Dodge. One actually acted as though I offended him.

GrumpyDUB

Reaction score
Might be off topic here, but what's the consensus on truck values moving forward with gas prices being where they're at? Used truck market appears to me to be stagnating. Maybe a sign that inventory will increase and prices will drop? Just don't think it's overnight. Seems like if it did correct it would take the better part of this year to see more realistic pricing

Islander

Reaction score
Are the ETA to dealer timeframes usually 'accurate' that RamChat provides?...or just a guess?

I dont have a WS but was told by RamChat this morning my truck is in shipping stage with dealer ETA of 3/30 - 4/8

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Might be off topic here, but what's the consensus on truck values moving forward with gas prices being where they're at? Used truck market appears to me to be stagnating. Maybe a sign that inventory will increase and prices will drop? Just don't think it's overnight. Seems like if it did correct it would take the better part of this year to see more realistic pricing
Everything I've seen and heard suggests it's going to soften the higher gas prices go. It can be seen anytime gas prices outpace inflation throughout recent history. The unique position we find ourselves in is the fast rising inflation is almost matching the rise in gas prices. The guys over at yaa.com that follow it even seem really confused as they posted updated videos on YT day to day.

So really it's anyone's guess, but personally I don't think we'll see the fall we're hoping for until closer to the end,of the year.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Are the ETA to dealer timeframes usually 'accurate' that RamChat provides?...or just a guess?

I dont have a WS but was told by RamChat this morning my truck is in shipping stage with dealer ETA of 3/30 - 4/8
If it's in shipping stage it's likely more reliable than the estimate you might have gotten at earlier stages.... but not 100% reliable still.

Last edited:

jslajer86

Reaction score
You could always have it trailered by a private company. But, I still recommend that you at least call Mark Dodge to get a price. I think you may be surprised at how much you might save. Unless, you got a really good deal locally. I live just East of Dallas and I tried 5 dealers and nobody would even consider the deal I got from Mark Dodge. One actually acted as though I offended him.
I don’t have a deal from my dealership yet, which is another item that I’m frustrated with. They wanted to wait until truck arrives before talking $$. That may still work out in my favor if supply issues keep getting better and values stagnant or drop. Definitely going to call MD today.

jwortsman

Reaction score
I don’t have a deal from my dealership yet, which is another item that I’m frustrated with. They wanted to wait until truck arrives before talking $$. That may still work out in my favor if supply issues keep getting better and values stagnant or drop. Definitely going to call MD today.
We’ve seen this story over and over on this forum. Dealer orders, car gets here and they add a market adjustment, dealer add-ones or both.

I’m also in Dallas and ordered from MD since it’s only ~300 miles.

Where did you order from locally?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They wanted to wait until truck arrives before talking $$.
Maybe they do not know exactly what the truck will end up costing them until it arrives and don’t want to risk losing money. This would make sense to me, I guess. Try calling MD, get your quote, then call your local dealership back and ask if they could match the MD quote. Maybe they can, but I doubt it.

jslajer86

Reaction score
We’ve seen this story over and over on this forum. Dealer orders, car gets here and they add a market adjustment, dealer add-ones or both.

I’m also in Dallas and ordered from MD since it’s only ~300 miles.

Where did you order from locally?
Dallas DCJR off 635.
salesman has been decent so far.
how long ago did you order, and what’s the current ETA? Are they going to deliver to you or you picking up there at MD?

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Dallas DCJR off 635.
how long ago did you order, and what’s the current ETA? Are they going to deliver to you or you picking up there at MD?
I ordered from MD about 2 weeks ago, and I'm already in D1 status. My first order took almost 3 months to get to D1 status. If everything holds true, it's likely I'll be picking up my truck May/June time frame.

I'm not saying that your salesperson is crooked, but a lot of us have seen and lived through the whole "we can wait until the truck gets here to talk about price". It's actually a classic sales tactic, because it's hard to say 'no' to a price increase when you're beloved truck is sitting right there with the keys in your hand. Don't believe me? Go watch The Car Homework guy, The Chevy Dude or Your Automotive Advocate videos on YouTube. Every one of them talks about this specific scenario.

Last edited:

jwortsman

Reaction score
Dallas DCJR off 635.
I ordered 1/26 and should have in the next 3 weeks according to RamChat. MSRP ~73k and before incentives am at $64k with MD.

this is price locked and I know exactly what I’m going to pay.

GoTide

Reaction score
Dallas DCJR off 635.
I too recommend calling Mark Dodge. Many of us here can give you email contacts. My truck had to be reordered due to a factory error. Renae called me about it on Thursday morning. By Thursday evening she had placed the new order. I had a VIN on Friday and it's already in D1 status today (Saturday) with a 4/10 ESD. She promised me if we had to reorder that she would pull every string that she could to get it pushed through quickly, and she did. 48 hours from placing the order to D1 is pretty sweet.

jslajer86

Reaction score
I too recommend calling Mark Dodge. Many of us here can give you email contacts. My truck had to be reordered due to a factory error. Renae called me about it on Thursday morning. By Thursday evening she had placed the new order. I had a VIN on Friday and it's already in D1 status today (Saturday) with a 4/10 ESD. She promised me if we had to reorder that she would pull every string that she could to get it pushed through quickly, and she did. 48 hours from placing the order to D1 is pretty sweet.
That is pretty awesome! Hope it arrives soon.

Islander

Reaction score
Well got my WS...all the options look right and $0 Base and $0 Total...does this mean its free? :p

Anyone get WS without prices? Maybe its because mine is for export outside the US

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    96.4 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/