5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

chitlins89

Reaction score
Thanks!... so they weren't clearly defined that they had to do with the lease when i ordered, but i got $2300 in cash back incentives on top of my trade... At the time of order they were incentivizing a 39 month term as that period had the lowest monthly payments of the options. Never sure about the money factors, i personally only look art the mileage, monthly rate and the residual value specifically as i always buy at the end.. (done this 2wice before) so we got those three things down where i wanted them and i actually put down the max downpayment of $3,700 when i ordered.

Come delivery day about 73 days later, they were back to incentivizing 36 month term... so i took that but the payments were different because Chrysler Capital actually told me i "put down too much" which was a first for me.... so the max was $2100... and they were going to give me back $1600... then i asked what the $1000 code i got from the RAM site would do, and they took it, said it was valid and stacked it, and gave me back $2600 at signing.... never seen anything like it in my life... they also lowered my sales price back to the ordered amount having said i was locked in, AND threw in some dealer services at no increase... I now have free scheduled maintenance for the life of the lease (which is really only oil changes and rotations but still)... and a limited lifetime powertrain warranty thru them AND at the end of the lease i have a waiver for any dings/dents fees (which i wouldn't have to pay anyway because i'm buying it.)

My only issue at signing was caused by my stupid auto insurance company who signed their own pink slip today... i will be switching to a different one within the next month. but my Dealer and sales team at Dan O'Brien CDJR in Methuen, MA were STAND. UP. so we ordered my Wifes Cherokee there too.

Not sure if that helps because a lot of this was dealer specific, but Leasing was the best option for me this time around. I feel like theres way less haggling and messing around at a lease signing vs a finance signing and i've done plenty of both... not sure why or what the difference is to them, but i've always had an easier time leasing. swapping veteran plates to the new vehicle aside hahaha. thats another story.

EDIT: sorry, the residual was $38,625. (i think 55%) which works for me, as i usually stash money into a savings acct along side the lease payment so i have a good downpayment ready for financing after the lease.
Thank you , you did answer the question. I’m surprised by the residual value of the truck. Makes me think the these new truck are seriously marked up. Enjoy the truck!

eaglemike

Reaction score
Is there something else needed to get these documents? I have tried many times in the last month. My dealer says they will not show until the truck is at the dealer. I trust level is low.
That's going to be a very nice truck. I ordered one very similar, only 2wd and no trailer tow stuff. I feel very lucky so far working with Aaron at MD. I'm thinking about doing a 1 month check in with him. I've been wondering if the configuration was a hold up due to parts shortage, and how big a deal it would be to change build for one that has all the stuff easy to get. I don't want to be one of "those customers" though - I deal with them in life from time to time. I've told a few of them life is too short and wished them well.
I hope your truck comes through perfect, clean, and soon!

GTRam

Reaction score
Likes just after 60 miles........first five:

1. Construction - this truck feels solid, nice fit & finish, authoritative, no rattles......it really is a beast
2. Windows - love the automatic operation and window travel speed on driver and passenger sides
3. Cab room - seating is excellent, front very spacious with more than ample leg and head room, rear is like a living room couch
4. Storage - the rear floor, doors, console, nooks, under rear seat, and glove compartments leave little to be desired
5. Bed - Tailgate step is awesome, auto-opening tailgate, light weight closing, and night lighting are spoilers

More to come.........

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very slow night, 131 window stickers tonight, none of those were member trucks. (n):cautious:
The letter I received from Ram says my truck is supposed to arrive at MD the week of 4/8/2022. The dealership says that 4/3/2022 is my ship date (production). I just ordered on 2/7 and I’m already going bonkers. Trying hard to be patient.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Pretty sure my truck broke the window sticker system, being in inspection for 43 days and all. Ugh...🙄🙄🙄. Reached out to MD to look into reordering through them, and was told Ram has another price increase set for tomorrow (3/16) at 5p ESD. Going to reorder and get the things I couldn't on the other truck because they weren't available.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To all the folks who have received their 22 Rams - can you please update us who are waiting with any screen and/or tech issues?? I’ve had minor problems with CarPlay here & there on my 21 Laramie with 56k, but multiple reports I’m reading having MAJOR issues anywhere from 10 miles to 1500 miles on their 22 models. Full screen AND brain behind the screen replacement only to have same issues. All this money for the truck might just make me try to withdraw my deposit, which I don’t really want to do. 😑

monkeypunch

Reaction score
20220315_094835.jpg
Well this is annoying..... didn't catch it at the dealer. Going to have to take it into a local dealer on warranty.

Only issue I've found so far. I've missed the turbo whine since selling my WRX last year. Love having a little bit of that sound back.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
View attachment 123374
Well this is annoying..... didn't catch it at the dealer. Going to have to take it into a local dealer on warranty.

Only issue I've found so far. I've missed the turbo whine since selling my WRX last year. Love having a little bit of that sound back.
That is terrible for someone to miss that they should have sharper people on the inspection line

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 123374

Some sounds you just can’t beat. I plan on test driving a WRX to replace the trans am but pretty confident the Civic Type R stole my heart.

Benny the Jet

Reaction score
Very slow night, 131 window stickers tonight, none of those were member trucks. (n):cautious:
I just got word that my truck "started the shipping process" yesterday. It has been in JB status for 3 weeks. Do you know when in the shipping process the WS is created and posted? I apologize if this is a question that has been asked and answered a million times. Thank you again for everything that you guys do!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I just got word that my truck "started the shipping process" yesterday. It has been in JB status for 3 weeks. Do you know when in the shipping process the WS is created and posted? I apologize if this is a question that has been asked and answered a million times. Thank you again for everything that you guys do!
until you can pull up the window sticker no one knows for sure but the dealer

the window sticker is posted when the truck is ready to ship and has been billed to the dealer

maybe you will see the window sticker tonight

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I’ve put this post off for almost a week now. My original truck had shipping damages and a messed up epoxy seam on the tailgate that already had paint flaking off of it when it was delivered in November. The dealer never made the claim correctly and got stuck with having to cover the damages out of their own pocket after I fought with them and FCA back and forth for over 3 months. They finally decided they would trade me even and order me a new truck to replace my original. This time they offered me the EcoDiesel engine for the same money if I was interested, so I took them up on the offer. Ordered the new truck on 2/10/22. Build sheet and Window sticker on 3/1/22. Delivered to dealer in central Kentucky on 3/10/22. Go figure this truck also had shipping damages but, this time it’s a small chip on the drivers door and a light scuff over the passenger bed wheel well. They submitted the claim immediately that day and I have them on signed document to fix damages this time around. All in all I’m glad they ordered the new truck for me and I believe I was mostly made right, though they were still trying to dodge some aspects of our actual replacement agreement which forced me into taking a higher interest loan to effectively break even. I hope none of you out there have to go through this crap when you pay $70k+ for a truck. Heck, I hope you don’t have to go through this if you buy a $500 truck. At the end of the day I purchased this truck for a total of about 18% off of MSRP. My original deal for below invoice was fine and I wouldn’t wish this trouble on anyone even for a few more percent off of a new truck. My personal credit from this experience being pulled hard extra times and the extra amount on loans is probably what will hurt most out of this experience. I wish everyone else a better experience than I had and hope these trucks last everyone as long as they should for what we pay now days. Something interesting to note is that although my build is identical to my original build in October that shipped the first week of November, some minor things have changed and do reflect on the build sheet. For example, my original build had Tow Package (B) and the new build has just Tow Package. The difference is that the newer one comes with 4 TPMS sensors to be added to the trailer(s) of your choosing. The new build also deleted the air suspension sticker from the back glass, comes with a steel spare wheel for the Eco but still aluminum with the Hemi. I know this because the dealer actually ordered a Hemi eTorque just like mine at the same time that was built and shipped within a few days of my EcoDiesel that they were suppose to cancel under my name but never did. The biggest difference however is that both Limited trucks that are 10th Anniversary and identical to my original build shipped with Longhorn model wheels instead of Limited wheels. Maybe there’s a shortage on wheels now? I’m curious to see if more Limiteds are shipped with Longhorn wheels for the next little bit. If not maybe I’ll have a rare build sheet which would be cool to look back on.

Attachments

• 6B85328E-2704-498F-97F9-178F6A4ED8DC.jpeg
    6B85328E-2704-498F-97F9-178F6A4ED8DC.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 32

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Likes just after 60 miles........first five:

1. Construction - this truck feels solid, nice fit & finish, authoritative, no rattles......it really is a beast
2. Windows - love the automatic operation and window travel speed on driver and passenger sides
3. Cab room - seating is excellent, front very spacious with more than ample leg and head room, rear is like a living room couch
4. Storage - the rear floor, doors, console, nooks, under rear seat, and glove compartments leave little to be desired
5. Bed - Tailgate step is awesome, auto-opening tailgate, light weight closing, and night lighting are spoilers

More to come.........
1. YES!
2. YES!
3. YES! (actually amazed at the room in the back seat and I'm coming from a GM crew cab, which i can now say is def smaller.)
4. Only one i disagree with, but i don't really use door pockets... the in-floor ram-bins, while a bit odd, are pretty convenient and i have found a use for them that they fit pretty well. The expandable rear underseat storage is plenty enough since its not my primary anymore because (full disclosure) i got the Ramboxes... which... for how i use my truck, are a godsend.
5. YES! However i also got the Multi-function tailgate, so on top of what you like i also like the bed step (which is in the center for the MFT) and even tho there is controversy on whether the MFT is worth it or not, again, for how i use my truck, it is amazing.
6. Ventilated front seats was a surprise (in the G/T pkg but not mentioned when i ordered, only place i ever saw it was on my BS when it published) and they are amazing... i didn't think i'd care but i love them.
7. Wireless Carplay on Uconnect 5.... again another thing i have tried on rentals in the past and it was trash.... so far it works flawlessly as does the charging pad.
8. That G/T rumble 🥰💞💘

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To all the folks who have received their 22 Rams - can you please update us who are waiting with any screen and/or tech issues?? I’ve had minor problems with CarPlay here & there on my 21 Laramie with 56k, but multiple reports I’m reading having MAJOR issues anywhere from 10 miles to 1500 miles on their 22 models. Full screen AND brain behind the screen replacement only to have same issues. All this money for the truck might just make me try to withdraw my deposit, which I don’t really want to do. 😑
Question: are you expecting a 12" or an 8.4"
and part b: are the issues you're hearing about on the 12" or the 8.4"?

jlrozzi

Reaction score
so I have noticed when Triple_B posts "another members trucks are starting production" generally that is the equivalent to that members "ESD".

So is it safe to say the estimated ship date (ESD) is not when the truck is going to ship out to the dealer but when its going to be built?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so I have noticed when Triple_B posts "another members trucks are starting production" generally that is the equivalent to that members "ESD".

So is it safe to say the estimated ship date (ESD) is not when the truck is going to ship out to the dealer but when its going to be built?
That is correct. as i believe @bigdodge has posted in a couple threads...(not that we can all find all this stuff, just saying we have the data) that is when it is estimated your vehicle will "ship off the assembly line" so done being built, not thru inspection or custom shop yet.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
That is correct. as i believe @bigdodge has posted in a couple threads...(not that we can all find all this stuff, just saying we have the data) that is when it is estimated your vehicle will "ship off the assembly line" so done being built, not thru inspection or custom shop yet.
I see, thanks for the clarification. so thats where the to be built within 48 hours comes into play and when he posts the "ws" that is when the truck is about to be delivered?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see, thanks for the clarification. so thats where the to be built within 48 hours comes into play and when he posts the "ws" that is when the truck is about to be delivered?
well yes sort of... when the WS posts its when the factory has "released it for shipping" and billed your dealer for the vehicle... then, depending on where you are and how it has to get there, the next wait happens... and from here Ram chat is very vague. your dealer will have the most accurate info with their "dealerconnect" system from that point until it hits their lot.

Mine had to go off site from the factory in Sterling heights by truck to a rail yard in New Boston, MI. Then by train all the way to MA, then by truck again from that railyard to my dealer and that took exactly 30 days from WS to dealer lot. not sure what the avg time is to Indiana.

Users who are viewing this thread