5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

chitlins89

Reaction score
Sort of took delivery. Hahah got to get up close and take her for a ride. Inspected everything. All G/T parts are there, (exhaust and CAI) bed liner is there, bed cargo divider is also there. She sounds SOOOO GD good. Rides like a dream.

The guys at Dan O’Brien CDJR in Methuen, MA were AWESOME! was there about an hr. They kept the deal the same (as much as they could) but there were a few tiny things that can’t be helped. Such as money factor in the lease, limit of down payment, and lower pay off value on my trade BUT they did stack that $1000 we got from RAM. so that was excellent. and they did some other things to compensate for changes to make it the same deal i got back in Dec. Bottom line, I'm a happy customer.

Only reason I couldn’t drive off was the plate swap (I have Vet plates so when I switch them to a lease they have to physically send a runner to the rmv in MA. Stupid but it’s a local req. and I’ve had these plates 18 yrs so I’m keeping them.)
So tomorrow morning.

But I Just pulled the trigger on weather tech mud flaps and a set of step bars.

oh yeah..... only one foam bottle holder tho. 😂 😂

f7c2881afc6204812f90ce8265d83ca5.jpg

1e0541dd843e0a3eb7c775873ebf81e2.jpg

Thanks again @triple_B and @Eighty for all the info during this process!! IT would have been tuff w/o you guys! now i can get started on these mods hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the new truck. I seen that you leased. What were the leasing incentives, money factor and residual they offered you?

UnclJim

Reaction score
After arriving in Railyard on 2/2 my truck finally made his long 35 mile trip to the dealer. And now I have this between me and Philly. SMH

Attachments

• 6C9191C1-72A7-4C41-B68F-C5518FD7A870.jpeg
    6C9191C1-72A7-4C41-B68F-C5518FD7A870.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 21

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. I seen that you leased. What were the leasing incentives, money factor and residual they offered you?
Thanks!... so they weren't clearly defined that they had to do with the lease when i ordered, but i got $2300 in cash back incentives on top of my trade... At the time of order they were incentivizing a 39 month term as that period had the lowest monthly payments of the options. Never sure about the money factors, i personally only look art the mileage, monthly rate and the residual value specifically as i always buy at the end.. (done this 2wice before) so we got those three things down where i wanted them and i actually put down the max downpayment of $3,700 when i ordered.

Come delivery day about 73 days later, they were back to incentivizing 36 month term... so i took that but the payments were different because Chrysler Capital actually told me i "put down too much" which was a first for me.... so the max was $2100... and they were going to give me back $1600... then i asked what the $1000 code i got from the RAM site would do, and they took it, said it was valid and stacked it, and gave me back $2600 at signing.... never seen anything like it in my life... they also lowered my sales price back to the ordered amount having said i was locked in, AND threw in some dealer services at no increase... I now have free scheduled maintenance for the life of the lease (which is really only oil changes and rotations but still)... and a limited lifetime powertrain warranty thru them AND at the end of the lease i have a waiver for any dings/dents fees (which i wouldn't have to pay anyway because i'm buying it.)

My only issue at signing was caused by my stupid auto insurance company who signed their own pink slip today... i will be switching to a different one within the next month. but my Dealer and sales team at Dan O'Brien CDJR in Methuen, MA were STAND. UP. so we ordered my Wifes Cherokee there too.

Not sure if that helps because a lot of this was dealer specific, but Leasing was the best option for me this time around. I feel like theres way less haggling and messing around at a lease signing vs a finance signing and i've done plenty of both... not sure why or what the difference is to them, but i've always had an easier time leasing. swapping veteran plates to the new vehicle aside hahaha. thats another story.

EDIT: sorry, the residual was $38,625. (i think 55%) which works for me, as i usually stash money into a savings acct along side the lease payment so i have a good downpayment ready for financing after the lease.

Last edited:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted this earlier today on RAMTRX forums, but will post it here as well.

I have found NO BS's from SHAP today but I haven't see any reports that they weren't operating yesterday so my guess is things are still moving as expecting but the Build Sheets just aren't getting updated online yet. The servers are still responding as previously found sheets show up, just nothing new.

I am currently doing the same tracking thing I do for the 1500's here across ALMOST all of the North American Stellantis plants and I am seeing no new Wranglers, Gladiators, Grand Cherokees, Wagoneers, Durangos, Chargers, Challengers, RAM, RAM HD etc. Also, due to them being built in the same plants as vehicles I am tracking, there were also no 300's, Cherokees, Pro Master Vans etc I don't bother with the Toluca plant that builds the Jeep Compass, or the Windsor Plant that builds the Pacifica, Voyager & Caravan so all you minivan lovers out there, don't even ask!

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited on 3/2 and this morning my dealer said it is in D1 status with an ESD of the week after next. They are skeptical of the ESD and so am I.

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
So, lemme ask a question. I have an ESD of 3/17. Thats less than a week away. When do you think they start building the truck? Im getting anxious because I sold my 2019 Laramie over a week ago and it sucks walking to the beer store ...

Rustybolt

Reaction score
So, lemme ask a question. I have an ESD of 3/17. Thats less than a week away. When do you think they start building the truck? Im getting anxious because I sold my 2019 Laramie over a week ago and it sucks walking to the beer store ...
ESD is the date it is completed on the assembly line. You should then be issued a build sheet.
I have the same ESD of March 17. Be interested if they both get built.
I ordered November 10,2021 hopefully not painted green for St. Patrick's Day

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure. But im told thats the date the vehicle "leaves" the production line....

Both of these statements are correct. It’s a misnomer. Your ESD is the date the truck “ships off the line” but they build like 900+/- of these things a day (when they have parts). So your truck is built in less than a day. When it’s actually being built. Or in 2 days depending on where it is when the line shuts down that day. Hence the “I hope I get a Wednesday truck.”

Then it gets inspected and sent to the custom shop for the extras. (And that place does between 300-500 trucks a day)

so this “I’m in paint” and “I’m in framing” etc. is all when you catch the chat, or the dealer actually pushes print for a POC. CUZ You’re not in framing OR paint for a week, for example. Not with those production rates.

What actually takes the most time (in my experience) is the moving it from place to place to get what it gets there. Move to the customs shop, move back for final inspection, move to a train yard, train to wherever, move to the dealer. The time consumption is all the waiting. Waiting to be built, waiting to be inspected, waiting to be shipped.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ESD is the date it is completed on the assembly line. You should then be issued a build sheet.
I have the same ESD of March 17. Be interested if they both get built.
I ordered November 10,2021 hopefully not painted green for St. Patrick's Day
Mine has an ESD of March 14. Kinda be neat it it pushed a day to the 15th since that is my 50th BDay. 😅 I won’t complain though if it doesn’t.

Last edited:

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Both of these statements are correct. It’s a misnomer. Your ESD is the date the truck “ships off the line” but they build like 900+/- of these things a day (when they have parts). So your truck is built in less than a day. When it’s actually being built. Or in 2 days depending on where it is when the line shuts down that day. Hence the “I hope I get a Wednesday truck.”

Then it gets inspected and sent to the custom shop for the extras. (And that place does between 300-500 trucks a day)

so this “I’m in paint” and “I’m in framing” etc. is all when you catch the chat, or the dealer actually pushes print for a POC. CUZ You’re not in framing OR paint for a week, for example. Not with those production rates.

What actually takes the most time (in my experience) is the moving it from place to place to get what it gets there. Move to the customs shop, move back for final inspection, move to a train yard, train to wherever, move to the dealer. The time consumption is all the waiting. Waiting to be built, waiting to be inspected, waiting to be shipped.

Well I hope the waiting game is over when yours is delivered. I've named my truck "old #9". Ordered on the 9th, delivered to dealer 9 months to the day, my deceased wifes birthday is the 9th as well. Well my salesgirl went over it with a fine tooth comb and found a chipped tail gate, paint flaws on the roof, and two right side doors and need to adjust the pax door fit. So I had it 10 days and they picked it up to do the repairs. I'll finally be getting it back after they have dicked around with it for almost 3 weeks, but it will be nearly perfect as it should have been it Stellanis final inspection had done their job in the first place. Ive been patient, waiting for it so long but I'm 81, asked God to extend my lifespan warranty just a little bit more 🤣

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Interesting, just to confirm, that is for 267198? I have been working on tracking a few other key points and would have "guessed" you got your window sticker tonight or tomorrow. Do you have a VIN for your new order yet?

Triple_B you seem to be pretty knowledgeable. I ordered a ram 1500 back country package on 2/7. Everything still says gathering parts in D status. I am moving first couple weeks of April and we start camping then as well. So I’m going to need a truck by then (I have nothing currently) There’s another dealer about 20 minutes away with a a truck similar to the one I built, little bit more expensive. Should I be patient or get the similar one? I know you don’t know exactly just wanting an educated opinion. Thank you

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Triple_B you seem to be pretty knowledgeable. I ordered a ram 1500 back country package on 2/7. Everything still says gathering parts in D status. I am moving first couple weeks of April and we start camping then as well. So I’m going to need a truck by then (I have nothing currently) There’s another dealer about 20 minutes away with a a truck similar to the one I built, little bit more expensive. Should I be patient or get the similar one? I know you don’t know exactly just wanting an educated opinion. Thank you

I'm going to guess the answer is that you won't get your truck by the first two weeks of April, unless you live very close to MI. You can call your dealer and ask if they have a build date yet. I ordered a Backcountry Jan 25 and have a date of March 14. Living in Oregon, there is an average of 32 days for shipping, if I recall.

if memory serves, mine moved to D1 (I think that's right) which meant all the parts were picked and awaiting build date within a week or so.

Last edited:

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Hmmm I live about 4 hours from
Detroit. Idk what to do. Dealer has no expected date told me initially 4-6 weeks for everything. All they tell me is I’m in D status

Users who are viewing this thread