5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Hmmm I live about 4 hours from
Detroit. Idk what to do. Dealer has no expected date told me initially 4-6 weeks for everything. All they tell me is I’m in D status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4-6 weeks would be very very optimistic. Some are being built fast but on average I think from order to arrival it’s more like 3-4 months.

testcrewman

Reaction score
With gas prices so high, and these trucks not having a gas cap, anyone worried about someone siphoning gas out of their truck? My wife's gas access door locks when she locks the car. Does this happen for these trucks? Or should I look into a locking gas cap?

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
With gas prices so high, and these trucks not having a gas cap, anyone worried about someone siphoning gas out of their truck? My wife's gas access door locks when she locks the car. Does this happen for these trucks? Or should I look intk a locking gas cap?
the nay sayers here will say not to waste your money as someone will just poke a hole into the tank and drain it.

I have a locking cap and have had it on all my vehicles

m.hamner

Reaction score
With gas prices so high, and these trucks not having a gas cap, anyone worried about someone siphoning gas out of their truck? My wife's gas access door locks when she locks the car. Does this happen for these trucks? Or should I look into a locking gas cap?
The truck has an anti-siphon valve, so they won't be getting the fuel out the gas cap door if they're going for your fuel. Get the locking cap if you're concerned about someone putting sugar in your tank.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To siphon gas from newer cars, you’ll need a modern pump and hose with a very small diameter, but the principle still applies.

Well jeeze, they will NOW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matrixband

Reaction score
33 gallon tank (full) x price of a gallon —$4 ? would be max of $132, probably less full most of the time. The cost of securing or locking the gas cap/door would not be much, but this all seems highly unlikely to happen. Maybe in a high crime area? Of course, if you live in California and gas gets to $7.50+…

Last edited:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had 0 WS first time through, then decided to check ALL VINs since the BS's werent posting at all yesterday and I hit on a couple that have WS tonight but still no BS so presumably will be available on Monday mornings release. Congratulations @Curley your truck is complete and ready to ship!

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
240814 @CurleyN/AX
0 or 1 maybe ??
(BS's didnt post yesterday)​
Big Horn / Lonestar

n8zcc

Reaction score
4-6 weeks would be very very optimistic. Some are being built fast but on average I think from order to arrival it’s more like 3-4 months.
From order to built for me was 8 weeks. My transportation was fast but my dealer is not that far from SHAP, about 40 miles. A carrier from the Detroit Jeep plant stopped by SHAP and loaded two 1500, mine was one of them and that afternoon my dealer had my truck.

Curley

Reaction score
Had 0 WS first time through, then decided to check ALL VINs since the BS's werent posting at all yesterday and I hit on a couple that have WS tonight but still no BS so presumably will be available on Monday mornings release. Congratulations @Curley your truck is complete and ready to ship!

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
240814 @CurleyN/AX
0 or 1 maybe ??
(BS's didnt post yesterday)​
Big Horn / Lonestar
Great news! Many thanks, @triple_B for taking a second look. Now, just another 4-6 weeks in transit to way out west...
😁

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took delivery of our Laramie GT today, ordered on 1/20 and arrived on 3/10, my mom ordered her Limited on Dec 18th and they arrived at the dealer together! View attachment 123073 View attachment 123074 View attachment 123075
Is that a pearl white I see? I currently have a black 21 Laramie with night edition but ordered a pearl white Limited with night edition this time. I still really wish I could’ve ordered Limited with the Laramie night wheels like we both have. By far the best looking wheels they have. I also really like the black with machined face that offers that contrast. Your truck looks great!

FRDRICE

Reaction score
Is that a pearl white I see? I currently have a black 21 Laramie with night edition but ordered a pearl white Limited with night edition this time. I still really wish I could’ve ordered Limited with the Laramie night wheels like we both have. By far the best looking wheels they have. I also really like the black with machined face that offers that contrast. Your truck looks great!
Yes it is. Yea I don't care too much for the Limited wheels, I'm sure you can find someone selling the Night edition wheels.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it is. Yea I don't care too much for the Limited wheels, I'm sure you can find someone selling the Night edition wheels.
Yeah I think the Limited wheels look a little gawdy in comparison. Asked to keep my wheels & Michelin’s & swap them on but all Ram dealers said no.

m.hamner

Reaction score
Same. I have a limited night edition with Ivory on order and like the Laramie's night wheels better also.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same. I have a limited night edition with Ivory on order and like the Laramie's night wheels better also.
Kinda strange that there’s many different wheel options when building on their site, but you can’t choose a different trim that’s still part of the same night edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/