5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

m.hamner

Reaction score
Hmmm I live about 4 hours from
Detroit. Idk what to do. Dealer has no expected date told me initially 4-6 weeks for everything. All they tell me is I’m in D status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend just got his over Christmas and his wait time was 5 months. I was told 7-9 weeks when I ordered mine the end of February by US Ram Cares. I've chosen to get antsy around 4 months. ;)

Rustybolt

Reaction score
My friend just got his over Christmas and his wait time was 5 months. I was told 7-9 weeks when I ordered mine the end of February by US Ram Cares. I've chosen to get antsy around 4 months. ;)
FYI. I ordered November 10,2021 I was issued an ESD of March 17,2022. Guess I'll find out Thursday.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
from someone I am acquainted with
"China is going through a big Covid surge. The city of Shenzhen, where much of the world’s electronics are made, just went into lockdown. This is likely going to affect supply chains and parts, once again. Pandemic may be easing in America, but in other parts of the world there is great disruption, and we will feel it here economically."

Matrixband

Reaction score
Yes it is. Yea I don't care too much for the Limited wheels, I'm sure you can find someone selling the Night edition wheels.
Yes, the standard Limited wheels seem a bit lacking in some ways. The Standard Limited Longhorn wheels are more interesting. I do not usually go for the larger wheels, plus the excess expense. One can always spend more later on I suppose and replace them with something else. These days, I just want a wheel that is reasonably easy to clean when I wash the truck. Black wheels look good on a white truck.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the standard Limited wheels seem a bit lacking in some ways. The Standard Limited Longhorn wheels are more interesting. I do not usually go for the larger wheels, plus the excess expense. One can always spend more later on I suppose and replace them with something else. These days, I just want a wheel that is reasonably easy to clean when I wash the truck. Black wheels look good on a white truck.
I agree. I’d rather get the 18” wheels with air suspension - it makes for an even smoother ride anyway.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @CAP3

Just like last night, presumably your BS showed up on Friday but since nothing seemed to be updating Friday then hopefully we will see your BS tomorrow morning. Either way your truck is finished and ready to ship!

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
269988 @CAP3X?Big Horn / Lonestar

BarnacleBrown

Reaction score
well ram chat told me this morning all my parts had been gathered and I would be entering build phase soon. I guess thats progress?
Yes and no haha. The dealer said my ESD is 3/17. I ordered 2/20/22. Dealer said that the order was officially in on 2/21/22 and provided me with the VON/VIN and a picture of it showing status D1. D1 is basically that a build date is set, all the parts are there and building will begin within 48 hours of the set build date. I've been checking in with Ram chat weekly and have been told the same as what your hearing "all parts are gathered and it would enter build phase soon." I've been hearing that since 2/21 haha. I doubt it will ship by 3/17 but it would be nice to hear if it does.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yes and no haha. The dealer said my ESD is 3/17. I ordered 2/20/22. Dealer said that the order was officially in on 2/21/22 and provided me with the VON/VIN and a picture of it showing status D1. D1 is basically that a build date is set, all the parts are there and building will begin within 48 hours of the set build date. I've been checking in with Ram chat weekly and have been told the same as what your hearing "all parts are gathered and it would enter build phase soon." I've been hearing that since 2/21 haha. I doubt it will ship by 3/17 but it would be nice to hear if it does.
just because you are D-1 does not mean your build "will begin within 48 hours"
i was in D-1 for two weeks
some here have been in D-1 and then went back to D
with the part disruption continuing all bets are off

BarnacleBrown

Reaction score
Same as above. I've been told that since a few days after the order was submitted. My ESD date is today, so we will see. 😂
Keep us posted! I contacted my dealer for the first time since I ordered. Don't want to bother him since we have all this wealth of knowledge here. He said my ESD is now 3/18 Friday so we'll see.

mike146

Reaction score

That date is actually the projected date to go down assembly line. ESD of 3/17 means that it will be built around that date, not shipped. After the build, it goes to body shop for extras, such as bed utility group, GT parts among others. After the body shop is when your window sticker will be available. It after this that your truck will be ready to ship to your dealer.

Ram-583

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone in this thread for the help especially Triple_B and Eighty my truck FINALLY came in, so off to the other threads in this forum.

From a guy who has custom ordered 3 other RAM's a 2011 and a 2014 with the help of this thread this was the best and most informed process solely because of the build sheets, window sticker notifications and guys helping each other out with statuses. The 5th generation truck is amazing and worth every second of the wait! I am sure this truck will be my last "V8" and gas truck as we look into this electric thing in the next 4ish years.

THANKS GUYS

Attachments

• 22 RAM.jpg
    22 RAM.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 48

Mopargirl15

Reaction score
How are you getting updates on where it’s at other than from the dealer? (Sorry - new to the page)

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
How are you getting updates on where it’s at other than from the dealer? (Sorry - new to the page)
are you talking about after the window sticker is issued?

if so the dealer is the only way

if you want updates when the build sheet and window sticker is issues without looking you can register your vin here

welcome to the forum

Mopargirl15

Reaction score
are you talking about after the window sticker is issued?
if so the dealer is the only way

if you want updates when the build sheet and window sticker is issues without looking you can register your vin here

welcome to the forum
Thanks! Yes I’m looking for when the window sticker and build sheet will be available. Dealer has told me it’s built but they can’t get those yet.

Users who are viewing this thread