5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I've got a D1 status and ESD of 3/28/22 within a week of a build order from 2/22/22. No BS as of yet. We'll also see what happens, as I've no reason to be optimistic seeing we're stretching into a year for some of these guys still waiting on their trucks.

I ordered on 2/15 and got D1 on 2/20 with ESD of 3/25

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I know I’m beating a dead horse with what’s already been said here multiple times, but it amazes me how there’s just no rhyme or reason to the production timing and sequencing here. To some extent it’s to be expected with supply/parts shortages and varying builds with different options, but it obviously goes way beyond that. I ordered on 1/4/22 and got VIN assigned right away with a VIN in the 268 range. I’m in D1 with a current ESD of 3/17/22. We’ll see if that actually happens or not. Considering how many of these are moving so slowing from BS to WS and that I don’t have a BS yet, I’m not overly confident. Looking at the tracker and seeing how many VINs earlier than mine still aren‘t in production and then how many VINs after mine are through production with WS just makes me crazy. I also have a Jeep Wrangler 392 on order with VIN asssigned in D status and I’m told I’ll be lucky if that gets built by end of summer to early fall. Yikes.
you don't have a build sheet yet because as you mentioned above your ESD is 3/17/2022.
ESD or estimated ship date is when the truck leaves the assembly line.

a build sheet is then issued the next morning

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you believe ram will ever build the lower passed over VIN's?

the wow is for the 318xxx number
Based on the 2021 trucks, there almost certainly will be a set of issued VINS that never get made. Or most likely got started, damaged, scrapped on the line, canceled, etc. Unfortunately that is not something I have a way of knowing so I just continue to scan all the VINs everyday even if some will NEVER show a BS.

BarnacleBrown

Reaction score
I know I’m beating a dead horse with what’s already been said here multiple times, but it amazes me how there’s just no rhyme or reason to the production timing and sequencing here. To some extent it’s to be expected with supply/parts shortages and varying builds with different options, but it obviously goes way beyond that. I ordered on 1/4/22 and got VIN assigned right away with a VIN in the 268 range. I’m in D1 with a current ESD of 3/17/22. We’ll see if that actually happens or not. Considering how many of these are moving so slowing from BS to WS and that I don’t have a BS yet, I’m not overly confident. Looking at the tracker and seeing how many VINs earlier than mine still aren‘t in production and then how many VINs after mine are through production with WS just makes me crazy. I also have a Jeep Wrangler 392 on order with VIN asssigned in D status and I’m told I’ll be lucky if that gets built by end of summer to early fall. Yikes.
I ordered 2/19 Vin issued 2/21 dealer also showed it was D1 as of 2/21. Dealer said my estimated ship date is 3/17 as well so maybe we can only hope??

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reaction score

midwestguy22

Reaction score
Ram chat says truck was delivered 5 days ago. Dealer says it’s in shipping - delayed. This is an order to replace a 2022 that came with a bunch of issues. Any thoughts?

Schlu

Reaction score
I have my window
Sticker and am seeing posts where people have an estimated delivery date. How do I get that information? When i contact my dealer they are relaying they don’t have a ESD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have my window
Sticker and am seeing posts where people have an estimated delivery date. How do I get that information? When i contact my dealer they are relaying they don’t have a ESD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your dealer is the best source of that information. If it hasn't shipped yet they just won't have a date showing in dealerconnect.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
W
Ram chat says truck was delivered 5 days ago. Dealer says it’s in shipping - delayed. This is an order to replace a 2022 that came with a bunch of issues. Any thoughts?

What kind of issues? And was it a 22 that was already on the lot?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welp... it looks like I have evidently set out to help ruin the 22.9 day WS to DL average for MA. 😒 I'm at 29 days since WS and she still has no ride to the dealer. (Only 8 days since she hit MA, but has been just sitting there being not enjoyed.)

I feel like this is the worst part of the wait... like when you're waiting for it to get sequenced, its a little mysterious, but you know things are happening in front of it to get it on the line, then from D1 to BS, things are actually happening for the most part. Then from BS to WS you can still pretend things are happening, haha but once you get that WS, man... it doesn't mater if its 5 days or 50 days, you KNOW nothing is happening, and its just sitting there being shat upon by birds... this would all obviously be worse if I also had the wait a lotta peeps had before it actually goes into production, but I think either way, this part is the most frustrating... because you can't finish the deal til its here, and it's here, but it's still not here. and literally NO ONE can tell you wtf is going on at the VDC, not even the dealer it seems. At least not mine, and he has been good about it, he gives me a screen shot of his dealer connect page every time I ask.

Low key i feel like calling the VDC and saying I'm from the dealer and asking when the next shipment is coming because we're rearranging the lot and we need to know.... which i am sure would not work, hahahaha, but this is where the mind goes. to top it off, my wife just ordered her new Jeep WL 2-row.... another model plagued with delays... and their forums don't have ANYONE like @triple_B and @Eighty so this... will be "fun."

UnclJim

Reaction score
Welp... it looks like I have evidently set out to help ruin the 22.9 day WS to DL average for MA. 😒 I'm at 29 days since WS and she still has no ride to the dealer. (Only 8 days since she hit MA, but has been just sitting there being not enjoyed.)
I'm doing the same for Penn. 25 for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/