5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

j_ason24

Reaction score
8 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Schlu, @gpk43, @Nbv316, @unkiebunk045, @bigtexco, @j_ason24, @FriskyRam, @Hurrigator

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
267972 @schluXMissouriPatriotBig Horn / Lonestar
289305 @Gpk43XNew YorkDelmonicoBig Horn / Lonestar
299493 @Nbv316XLouisianaPatriotLimited
300897 @unkiebunk045XConnecticutBlackLaramie
301385 @bigtexcoXTexasGraniteLimited
306993 @j_ason24XCaliforniaBlackLaramie
309109 @FriskyRamXLouisianaBlueRebel
315667 @HurrigatorXVirginiaPatriotLimited
Awesome update! So pumped! Ordered 2/4

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Any accuracy on these emails? This is the 2nd truck I ordered and I never got an update like this on the 1st one and that one already arrived. View attachment 121700
I never got reliable information from any email or ram chat

my dealer was and had the best and updated information through dealer connect.

try your dealer, if the salesperson gives your heart burn go above their head.

Deebeezie

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick update here. I ordered from Craig at Koons on 12/13, got my BS on 2/3, WS on 2/5, and amazingly the truck arrived at Koons on 2/8.

I was super excited about that, but I learned the hard way between then and now that while you can complete your purchase from Koons remotely, you should avoid doing so at all costs.

Yesterday, 16 days after it arrived at Koons, was the first day I could have the truck picked up. It took them 3 days to send me the credit app, 4 days to call me to discuss rates after I submitted the app, and then another week for them to send me the paperwork (first they sent me paperwork with the wrong interest rate and my wife's name misspelled, and then resent it the next day corrected after I called just about everyone at the dealership to get them to fix it.)

Keep in mind that this is a process that, when done efficiently, can be completed in an hour, start to finish. But I had two weeks worth of just waiting. And that was with me reaching out every single day to try to get the process moving faster. I cannot imagine how long it would have taken if I had just let them do it at their own pace.

If you do order from Craig at Koons, I would recommend just making an appointment to pick up the truck once it arrives and goes through inspection at Koons. That will avoid all of these delays.

**Also make sure you get pre-approved by a non-captive bank before going in (I used Capital One and got a crazy good rate offer), and use that to make sure they give you something near that rate you got pre-approved for. Doing this enabled me to use their financing, keep the $1000 credit for doing so, but also get a market-correct rate.

I really appreciate that Koons offers such great pricing, and I understand that Craig is doing so much volume because of that pricing that he really can't give any personal attention to his customers, but you just need to know what you are getting yourself into when you order this way. Probably the best price you can possibly get, but don't expect high-touch service.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for posting your experience with Koons. Waiting for my truck to arrive.

Big Rock

Reaction score
they are as accurate as any of the other info it seems.... mine was spot on for production, but doesn't look like the delivery week is gonna hold.
Yeah my delivery week has changed twice now. My trucks been 3hrs away for 2 weeks now. I'm assuming its sitting in a rail yard waiting to be picked up or unloaded from a train car.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yar... i HATE the waiting when you know its just sitting there. I didn't mind it much when i could "pretend things were happening" hahaha but when you know its done and just needs a ride its like a comm blackout.... like when the shuttles used to re-enter the atmo, and there was that 7 min period where you had no idea if it burnt up or made it thru. (Yes waiting for my truck has made me a drama queen. 🤣😂)

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so I (just for shizznits and giggles) talked to ram chat just now...) and asked them if the dates in my delivery email are still possible. My email said the week of 2/27 for arrival at the dealer. Ram chat said this:

1645820919153.png

Now, while I'm not taking it as concrete info, Ram chat has never had an ETA this whole time even the day I got that email from customer care... since i got my WS on 2/9 they have only said "you are in the shipping process with no ETA" and my dealer had nothing in his dealer connect page about an ETA either, so I'm hoping he has this info as well. but we'll see... Up side I have an ETA, downside, its a week later and its now a 13 day window instead of a 7-day one haha, but I feel that progress feeling again tho haha.

Last edited:

rickyf

Reaction score
Well Ramona has finally arrived! Almost 7 months after ordered, but she was worth the wait. Thanks to @triple_B, and @Eighty for all the help and info with the order. Thanks to @KWKSLVR for the $1000.00 cash info. And if anyone is in Southern CA I have to give a huge shout out to Tyler Ross at Shaver CDJR Dealership in Thousand Oaks. He was so great to work with, always responded quickly, and absolutely no games. The price he quoted me was what I paid even though the sticker price increased during the wait. No added crap, no car salesman BS.

Attachments

• 49A84708-2BA3-48E5-9A41-67324DD86793.jpeg
    49A84708-2BA3-48E5-9A41-67324DD86793.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 74BACB63-B1D4-4373-A442-FD409DD6254D.jpeg
    74BACB63-B1D4-4373-A442-FD409DD6254D.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 78
  • EB4D0545-B9B4-4EA2-A68B-8BE0FC2FB710.jpeg
    EB4D0545-B9B4-4EA2-A68B-8BE0FC2FB710.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 79

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sport1012

Reaction score
6 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @sport1012, @20GladRubicon, @Moondogger, @slouchdog, @Delmonico87, @FriskyRam

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150836 @sport1012XX
4​
OregonIvoryLimited
165467 @20GladRubiconXX
7​
PennsylvaniaGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
289136 @MoondoggerXX
4​
CaliforniaGraniteLimited
302886 @slouchdogXX
2​
TennesseeGraniteLaramie
308504 @Delmonico87XX
3​
KentuckyPatriotLimited
309109 @FriskyRamXX
0​
LouisianaBlueRebel
Thanks! YOU are the MAN!

MikeL1008

Reaction score
Update: spoke with my dealer, truck was loaded for delivery last night 2/25 and expected on lot early this week.

Just received notification from RamChat that my new whip, ordered 2/3/22 will be delivered to dealer lot between 2/25/22 and 3/8/22. 3-4 weeks order to delivery sounds too good to be true.

Last edited:

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Just got this text in response to me pestering my dealer for an update on my truck that's been in "inspection" for 25 days now:

"It's still in inspection, but when I spoke with the Chrysler rep he said it will be shipped next week. "

Just wondering who he spoke with that gave him that answer when I can call 3 different ramcare or other type of numbers and they can't give me an eta on it and say they only show it's still in inspection.

What do y'all think?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today is the day. Ordered second week of May. Truck delivered second week of October damaged heavily by shipper. Had to order new one 10 months!!! My time has finally come.
I'm glad you're finally getting your truck, but i cannot tell you the nut-cringe the phrase "damaged heavily by shipper" gives me. :sick::sick:🤮

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at a dealership the other talking to a buddy who is a salesman. They had several (including a Challenger hellcat) that had been pretty heavily damaged that necessitated panel replacements. The poor Challenger had damage to all four sides. That situation was not uncommon. What the heck is going on with shipping?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got this text in response to me pestering my dealer for an update on my truck that's been in "inspection" for 25 days now:

"It's still in inspection, but when I spoke with the Chrysler rep he said it will be shipped next week. "

Just wondering who he spoke with that gave him that answer when I can call 3 different ramcare or other type of numbers and they can't give me an eta on it and say they only show it's still in inspection.

What do y'all think?
So you have been in inspection for 24 days so far? I got my build sheet on 2/10/22 and in inspection still and getting worried it taking so long!

Users who are viewing this thread