5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Philipgturner

Reaction score

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
I forced myself to use it for several weeks, just to get used to it before I gave up. But now I don’t mind it…in fact it has a few advantages. No obstructions (like C pillars or rear window frame). Very good lighting at night.
But a few disadvantages. You can’t look at yourself in the mirror (never realized I did that until I couldn’t). Can’t look at my kid in the rear seat. But the biggest disadvantage: When I parallel park on a street and need to check behind me before I open my door into traffic. Turns out the mirror doesn’t work when the ignition is off. And since I also auto-stow the side mirrors to avoid them being hit by traffic, I can’t see anything behind me without turning my body completely around.
The solution is to flip the rear view mirror down to the regular position. Then flip it back to digital when I start back up to drive away. What a pain.
First world problems.
I agree about the looking at yourself in the mirror. Had bed head the other day and wanted to glance in the mirror to see how bad it might be and remembered it was in camera mode.

But I love the wider angle of view I can almost watch a car passing on the left and almost pick them up in my peripheral vision as they are disappearing from the digital mirror.

Hardest thing to get used to is stopped at a traffic light and the car behind you looks like it’s in the back seat.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
I was D-1 for 15 days before truck was assembled.
They put me in D1 February 8 . POC says My ESD is not until March 17. 5 weeks. The 17th is St Paddy's Day maybe it will come off the line Green.🤮

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-225847_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-225847_Chrome.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 30

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
Looking good SkeeterRam! Didn't know the bedstep was included in the pkg.. Only thing I ordered different I believe was the ORP an 20" rims. Would like to have that bed step.
Is there something that I should change on my order to get the bed step included?
My best guess, Center Bed Step goes with MFT. Regular tailgate gets a step on the leftside of tailgate.
No doubt it can always be ordered and added on. Merica!

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
get a updated POC from you dealer, on the sheet will be an Estimated Ship Date. this ship date will more than likely be you build date. framing then paint then u should see a build sheet within a day or two!
Dealer told me D1 with an estimated ship date of 3/16. It is a month today I placed the order.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My best guess, Center Bed Step goes with MFT. Regular tailgate gets a step on the leftside of tailgate.
No doubt it can always be ordered and added on. Merica!

This is correct. The center mounted step is part of the bed utility group when you have the MFT. it installs to the right of the drivers side tail pipe. If you get the standard tailgate with the utility group you get the corner mounted one which amounts to the left side of the drivers side tail pipe.

It’s cuzza the barn door thing. With the left side section of the tailgate opened it would block access to a corner step, and with a traditional lowered tailgate, the center mount would also be blocked. It’s wicked smaaaht of them imo.

I actually wonder if there’s room for both haha. Since a traditional gate will never obscure a corner step. But a multigate when lowered will block the center step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also here’s a general wonderingment… anyone know what “Black Day Light Opening Moldings” are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forced myself to use it for several weeks, just to get used to it before I gave up. But now I don’t mind it…in fact it has a few advantages. No obstructions (like C pillars or rear window frame). Very good lighting at night.
But a few disadvantages. You can’t look at yourself in the mirror (never realized I did that until I couldn’t). Can’t look at my kid in the rear seat. But the biggest disadvantage: When I parallel park on a street and need to check behind me before I open my door into traffic. Turns out the mirror doesn’t work when the ignition is off. And since I also auto-stow the side mirrors to avoid them being hit by traffic, I can’t see anything behind me without turning my body completely around.
The solution is to flip the rear view mirror down to the regular position. Then flip it back to digital when I start back up to drive away. What a pain.
First world problems.
Good points! I may just have to force myself too. Not worried about looking at myself in it though. After breaking many mirrors by looking at myself, I finally broke the habit!!

UnclJim

Reaction score
They put me in D1 February 8 . POC says My ESD is not until March 17. 5 weeks. The 17th is St Paddy's Day maybe it will come off the line Green.🤮
Ram chat told me Wed. 2-3 weeks before it would be built. It was built the next day

rrutkf80

Reaction score
100517 arrived at the dealer 9 months to the day it was ordered. It’s so great it’s finally here because it did not disappoint. What a great truck and it just fits inside the bigger garage I spec’d when we built the house

Attachments

• 8E9034EA-C5EE-483F-8D96-16DA4681AD03.jpeg
    8E9034EA-C5EE-483F-8D96-16DA4681AD03.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 95
  • CAD39165-4D1E-461C-B905-73C28953B7F2.jpeg
    CAD39165-4D1E-461C-B905-73C28953B7F2.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 101
  • B22B9534-FE22-4F37-9EDD-E31759BD4A63.jpeg
    B22B9534-FE22-4F37-9EDD-E31759BD4A63.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 96
  • 73BBAD01-2BBB-48E3-A7B2-D114FE90DEF9.jpeg
    73BBAD01-2BBB-48E3-A7B2-D114FE90DEF9.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 91

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
100517 arrived at the dealer 9 months to the day it was ordered. It’s so great it’s finally here because it did not disappoint. What a great truck and it just fits inside the bigger garage I spec’d when we built the house
Beautiful truck and THANK YOU for your service 🇺🇸!

Users who are viewing this thread