5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I got

I hear Foss is a priority dealer round these parts. Whether that’s just something they tell peeps to sell idk, but my buddy just ordered a 2500 from them. He got it in 60 days, order to dealer lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustybolt

Reaction score
I hear Foss is a priority dealer round these parts. Whether that’s just something they tell peeps to sell idk, but my buddy just ordered a 2500 from them. He got it in 60 days, order to dealer lot.

60 days is great. Don't know on the 2500. It'll be 4 1/2 months at lease for me.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forced myself to use it for several weeks, just to get used to it before I gave up. But now I don’t mind it…in fact it has a few advantages. No obstructions (like C pillars or rear window frame). Very good lighting at night.
But a few disadvantages. You can’t look at yourself in the mirror (never realized I did that until I couldn’t). Can’t look at my kid in the rear seat. But the biggest disadvantage: When I parallel park on a street and need to check behind me before I open my door into traffic. Turns out the mirror doesn’t work when the ignition is off. And since I also auto-stow the side mirrors to avoid them being hit by traffic, I can’t see anything behind me without turning my body completely around.
The solution is to flip the rear view mirror down to the regular position. Then flip it back to digital when I start back up to drive away. What a pain.
First world problems.

I've been enjoying mine quite a bit, but here's one more huge advantage. If you happen to be teaching your teenager (or anyone I suppose) how to drive, you can really keep an eye on things around the vehicle very well from the passenger seat. Otherwise I'd be turning around a ton to double check everything was clear (I hate being a passenger and almost never ride with other people, but obviously our daughter needs to be a proper driver). This way when are on the highway and she's merging or switching lanes into the passing lane, I can be comfortable knowing what's around us and I'm sure it's much more comfortable for her to not have me constantly looking all over the place.

I really like it otherwise though, I think I've flipped back to the old school mirror briefly 2 times since buying it in June.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been enjoying mine quite a bit, but here's one more huge advantage. If you happen to be teaching your teenager (or anyone I suppose) how to drive, you can really keep an eye on things around the vehicle very well from the passenger seat. Otherwise I'd be turning around a ton to double check everything was clear (I hate being a passenger and almost never ride with other people, but obviously our daughter needs to be a proper driver). This way when are on the highway and she's merging or switching lanes into the passing lane, I can be comfortable knowing what's around us and I'm sure it's much more comfortable for her to not have me constantly looking all over the place.

I really like it otherwise though, I think I've flipped back to the old school mirror briefly 2 times since buying it in June.
Good points, but I would cringe at teaching anyone to drive in my truck!! When my kids were learning I bought a 4 speed jeep wrangler, just to have a vehicle they could learn on. If they wanted to drive they had to learn to drive a stick.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
that is the correct thing

what is strange is it has a build date a month from now

we are used to seeing about 14 days being in D-1

this is more cluster f u c k.

lots can happen in a month

lets hope it is bult when they say or earlier.
Yes like 5 weeks out . I've been watching others . 2 weeks or so seems to be the average as you say it's a cluster. If its built before then it will be a pleasant surprise. Guess I won't hold my breath have perfectly good 19 Limited, Patriot blue and loaded trade in to drive in the waiting period.

Attachments

• 20190320_184609.jpg
    20190320_184609.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 49

BNJMN

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the trim around the windows. Chrome package comes with chrome there that I didn't like the look of, so even though my build had a lot of chrome already I didn't get the chrome package because of that.
Also here’s a general wonderingment… anyone know what “Black Day Light Opening Moldings” are?

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
Rare 71 degrees in upstate South Carolina today so gave the new truck it’s first detail wash today.
After the wash I used McKee’s 37 Hydro graphine spray. Never used it before. Wow! Truck is completely dry but looks like wet paint. Check out the reflection of the tree in that granite crystal paint. Looks like a mirror.

I would definitely recommend it for a relative inexpensive alternative to a full graphine coating. Spray bottle is $40 and did the entire truck including wheels and wife’s Acura RDX with some left over. 6 month life span.

Attachments

• F62C538C-33F5-4700-BA04-259ACB884318.jpeg
    F62C538C-33F5-4700-BA04-259ACB884318.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 65

Matrixband

Reaction score
I forced myself to use it for several weeks, just to get used to it before I gave up. But now I don’t mind it…in fact it has a few advantages. No obstructions (like C pillars or rear window frame). Very good lighting at night.
But a few disadvantages. You can’t look at yourself in the mirror (never realized I did that until I couldn’t). Can’t look at my kid in the rear seat. But the biggest disadvantage: When I parallel park on a street and need to check behind me before I open my door into traffic. Turns out the mirror doesn’t work when the ignition is off. And since I also auto-stow the side mirrors to avoid them being hit by traffic, I can’t see anything behind me without turning my body completely around.
The solution is to flip the rear view mirror down to the regular position. Then flip it back to digital when I start back up to drive away. What a pain.
First world problems.
The few times I have driven with this feature, it was weird. I noticed I could not see the back corners of the truck bed. That might need some getting used to for me. My idea is to place some small flags or verticle sticks up from the corners of the bed. If I can see them, then note or mark on the mirror where those corners are located then remove them. That way, when looking back there, I will have some general idea of where the back corners of the truck are located. This would be more useful to me backing up in a parking lot than on the highway. Not sure if this will work, but I may try it. I was taught to turn around, and can't shake the habit fully even with backup cameras.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 566 Window Stickers tonight. 8 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @jaws80, @Bluebaloo, @milrad, @mamasprig, @JST2, @Cmousel, @jimmy718, @TSL

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
103191 @jaws80XX
3​
CaliforniaWhiteRebel
112921 @BluebalooXX
1​
FloridaPatriotLonghorn
119938 @milradXX
1​
TexasWhiteLonghorn
122183 @mamasprigXX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackLimited
200942 @JST2XX
9​
MichiganBlue ShadeLimited
209843 @CmouselXX
3​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267533 @jimmy718XX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackRebel
289366 @TSLXX
3​
LouisianaGraniteRebel

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Found 566 Window Stickers tonight. 8 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @jaws80, @Bluebaloo, @milrad, @mamasprig, @JST2, @Cmousel, @jimmy718, @TSL

103191 @jaws80XX
3​
CaliforniaWhiteRebel
112921 @BluebalooXX
1​
FloridaPatriotLonghorn
119938 @milradXX
1​
TexasWhiteLonghorn
122183 @mamasprigXX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackLimited
200942 @JST2XX
9​
209843 @CmouselXX
3​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267533 @jimmy718XX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackRebel
289366 @TSLXX
3​
LouisianaGraniteRebel
nice to see low numbers
but there are still lower vins to be built

to name a few
while some are TRX's it is still a shame they can not get their truck

mamasprig

Reaction score

103191 @jaws80XX
3​
CaliforniaWhiteRebel
112921 @BluebalooXX
1​
FloridaPatriotLonghorn
119938 @milradXX
1​
TexasWhiteLonghorn
122183 @mamasprigXX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackLimited
200942 @JST2XX
9​
209843 @CmouselXX
3​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267533 @jimmy718XX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackRebel
289366 @TSLXX
3​
LouisianaGraniteRebel
Holy cheese balls! I went so long expecting nothing and then exactly 8 months after placing my order I have a window sticker! Now to start tracking my order to my dealer. FYI, I haven’t heard anything from my dealer yet about my truck being built. I’ll let you know when they decide to clue me in.

drm827

Reaction score
nice to see low numbers
but there are still lower vins to be built

to name a few
while some are TRX's it is still a shame they can not get their truck
Thought I recognized one of those numbers scrolling through!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good points, but I would cringe at teaching anyone to drive in my truck!! When my kids were learning I bought a 4 speed jeep wrangler, just to have a vehicle they could learn on. If they wanted to drive they had to learn to drive a stick.

Oh believe me, it was tough in the beginning, not because of anything she was doing but I just hate being out of control. And you're right, on a truck like this it can be extra tough to give up control to someone just starting to drive. However, she is an outstanding kid who has always gotten excellent grades and in recent years has really made a huge push in her efforts as a softball player which is now starting to pay off in her college selection, along with just being selected for the under armour national team. So with all that in mind, I think she's earned it and she's repaid that with taking it very seriously and doing very well.

Her mom did have a 2018 jetta that was 5 speed that we sold back in the fall, but before we did she learned to drive that as well. We thought it was important for her to be able to do that as well.

Sorry for the long parent brag, but we are super lucky to have her.

milrad

Reaction score

103191 @jaws80XX
3​
CaliforniaWhiteRebel
112921 @BluebalooXX
1​
FloridaPatriotLonghorn
119938 @milradXX
1​
TexasWhiteLonghorn
122183 @mamasprigXX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackLimited
200942 @JST2XX
9​
209843 @CmouselXX
3​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267533 @jimmy718XX
2​
PennsylvaniaBlackRebel
289366 @TSLXX
3​
LouisianaGraniteRebel
Hallelujah! 7 months, 14 days, Order to Window Sticker

Very glad it has everything I ordered. If my dealer says I'm "price protected," should that price be reflected on the WS? Or is that something they adjust when it gets there?

Users who are viewing this thread