5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

22DTEco

Reaction score
have Carvana and Carmax quote it out. Then compare it to your residual! High chance the quotes are higher than your residual these days.
Really good advice. I'm clearing just short of 20k on our Volvo leases once I drop my XC90 off at Carmax.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Really good advice. I'm clearing just short of 20k on our Volvo leases once I drop my XC90 off at Carmax.
Do you know if you have to claim that as income on your taxes?

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
FYI, I tried Carmax, I wanted to see what they would offer for my 2013 Laramie. They came back at 15K, which is 9K less than the dealer's trade-in offer. Another benefit of trading it in is another $1,400 or so dollars of sales tax I won't have to pony up.
What i was getting at is exploring all possible options before making the final decision. Taxes are state dependent, some states require tax to be paid on sale price regardless of trade in, and some allow you to deduct the full value of the trade-in or up to a certain value. (similarly, rebates and incentives are also state dependent on whether they're taxed or not)

Learning and knowing the vehicle tax rules in your state and comparing multiple offers allows you to get the best deal!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Something to consider regarding reorders, see this post from Eighty; Has to do with auditing for like names of sold orders.

use your wifes name or a friends name

more than one way to get around a rumor

BNJMN

Reaction score
I have been waiting on my truck since May because first truck got delivered damaged in Oct. anyone thinking of waiting in 23s to come out and ditching order?
I've wondered that too. If mine shifts to March or later I'm going to feel foolish if June they release some upgrade I want.

Tranzella

Reaction score
DuPage CJDR in Glendale Heights
Cool. I spoke with them when I was shopping around, they just couldn’t match MD’s price. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t dealing with a specific Ram dealer in which I had an awful experience with!

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Cool. I spoke with them when I was shopping around, they just couldn’t match MD’s price. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t dealing with a specific Ram dealer in which I had an awful experience with!
Lol thank you! MD? Marino?

Any truth to TRX's being allocated?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I've wondered that too. If mine shifts to March or later I'm going to feel foolish if June they release some upgrade I want.
That's a good point. At some point, one would think Ram will introduce massaging seats and semi-autonomous driving, two options that are available from the other big manufacturers that Ram seems insistent on refusing to offer.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been waiting on my truck since May because first truck got delivered damaged in Oct. anyone thinking of waiting in 23s to come out and ditching order?
Be patient. The microchip shortage isn't ending any time soon and I see no reason why a 2023 order couldn't take as long as a 2022. I mean, I've been waiting a long time too. Waiting for a 2023 is just adding to the wait and increasing costs big time over what I'm price protected at, at least.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question, but as a new user, where do I find the tracker?

Usmc041127

Reaction score
I wonder what its like when a truck is completed and they are doing the test and inspection. Think they hop in a fire it up and just test everything? I wonder if they have a proving ground that they put them all through their paces. I know Kawasaki does from watching modern marvels. You think the break the engines in at all or just fire it up and take off.

RAMKing1

Reaction score
Reached out to the dealer and the Truck was delivered yesterday. It's in Pre Delivery inspection today and later today or tomorrow dropped off at the dealer lot. Now I need to figure out when to get down there, about 5 hour ride. Maybe if I skip the wedding Saturday I can go. I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind going solo :ROFLMAO:.

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but I cant find the info. From window sticker to dealer lot lets say in Texas what is the usual travel time. Or does anyone have any info on what company is doing the shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread