5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Howdy all! After perusing this thread, I see there have been a lot of ***-aches with orders.

I currently have a 2019 Laramie and the lease is up in September of this year. I REALLY want a TRX, but am not sure if I order it now (or soon) will it arrive in time for my lease end?

BNJMN

Reaction score
Howdy all! After perusing this thread, I see there have been a lot of ***-aches with orders.

I currently have a 2019 Laramie and the lease is up in September of this year. I REALLY want a TRX, but am not sure if I order it now (or soon) will it arrive in time for my lease end?
Some have said dealers have been working with them to extend the leases while they wait for new orders to come in. Not sure how it is on the TRX side; but here it's a real crapshoot. Could be 6 weeks for your order, could be 6 months.

Bavet

Reaction score

There's a good chance your truck has some equity. If that's the case your dealer may want to purchase it for a price above your lease payoff and give you the equity. I got $3000 from my dealer. But if you go that route the dealer has to buy it 60 days before your lease ends so take that into consideration.

MarPar

Reaction score
Some have said dealers have been working with them to extend the leases while they wait for new orders to come in. Not sure how it is on the TRX side; but here it's a real crapshoot. Could be 6 weeks for your order, could be 6 months.
Ooof. I took my truck to the dealer the other day for an exhaust gasket and a steering rack replacement and I spoke with one of the salesmen who said a TRX is 6 months out and that they only allocated 6 to them for the year. Does that sound right? It's a pretty large dealership in the burbs of Chicago

MarPar

Reaction score
There's a good chance your truck has some equity. If that's the case your dealer may want to purchase it for a price above your lease payoff and give you the equity. I got $3000 from my dealer. But if you go that route the dealer has to buy it 60 days before your lease ends so take that into consideration.

Interesting. She'll have around 45k once I turn it in.

Xchief

Reaction score
1176 Build Sheets found today. 12 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @ManUp2Down, @Dooley13, @Deebeezie, @kscrawfo, @Nekroh11, @Derek916, @GTRam, @warz00, @lasvegasron, @dlhousejr, @Xchief, @Northerner71

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
121903 @ManUp2DownXMaineSilverLaramie
195816 @Dooley13XFloridaDelmonicoLaramie
214354 @DeebeezieXVirginiaBlackRebel
230542 @kscrawfoXMontanaGraniteRebel
240929 @Nekroh11XFloridaGraniteRebel
248006 @Derek916XLouisianaWhiteLaramie
248807 @GTRamXFloridaBlackRebel
249632 @warz00XPennsylvaniaGraniteRebel
252664 @lasvegasronXIowaBlackLimited
260435 @dlhousejrXNorth CarolinaRedRebel
264110 @XchiefXVirginiaBlueLaramie
265240 @Northerner71XMichiganSilverLimited
Awesome!!! Thanks @triple_B

ccelia

Reaction score
Hey ccelia - I ordered from Koons as well. They told me I am in D1 status (ordered 12/13), and have been for at least a week or so. When did you order? Looks like a bit before me based on vin - I am 252433. I am very curious to hear how long your shipping takes once it is on its way. Craig told me "a couple of weeks." Is your Longhorn loaded up with add-ons that would be installed at the body vendor?

I ordered on December 3rd. I will certainly update this thread or send you a PM once my truck is finished and let you know how long it takes to get to the dealer.

I ordered a limited longhorn w/ a hemi in Ivory with the Level 1 package, dual pano sunroof, body color bumper group, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, 3.92 rear, trailer tow group - so pretty well loaded up. Craig has been great at providing updates when I reach out to him - very quick with his responses. Best of luck w/ your build!

Glarensen

Reaction score
I have been waiting on my truck since May because first truck got delivered damaged in Oct. anyone thinking of waiting in 23s to come out and ditching order?

Xchief

Reaction score
I ordered on December 3rd. I will certainly update this thread or send you a PM once my truck is finished and let you know how long it takes to get to the dealer.

I ordered a limited longhorn w/ a hemi in Ivory with the Level 1 package, dual pano sunroof, body color bumper group, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, 3.92 rear, trailer tow group - so pretty well loaded up. Craig has been great at providing updates when I reach out to him - very quick with his responses. Best of luck w/ your build!
I just got my BS for the truck I ordered from Koons on12/20

n8zcc

Reaction score
have Carvana and Carmax quote it out. Then compare it to your residual! High chance the quotes are higher than your residual these days.
FYI, I tried Carmax, I wanted to see what they would offer for my 2013 Laramie. They came back at 15K, which is 9K less than the dealer's trade-in offer. Another benefit of trading it in is another $1,400 or so dollars of sales tax I won't have to pony up.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
FYI, I tried Carmax, I wanted to see what they would offer for my 2013 Laramie. They came back at 15K, which is 9K less than the dealer's trade-in offer. Another benefit of trading it in is another $1,400 or so dollars of sales tax I won't have to pony up.
A good idea also is to get valuations from multiple online companies, and you may be able to use this as leverage for a trade in or even private sale. Vroom, Shift, Caravana, Givemethevin.com are all good websites and the valuations can vary quite a bit. I used the Vroom valuation for leverage on a private sale last week for my old truck, and I think it helped to speed up the deal when I told the guy if he was going to low ball me, I'll just get Vroom to come pick up the truck.

Tranzella

Reaction score
Ooof. I took my truck to the dealer the other day for an exhaust gasket and a steering rack replacement and I spoke with one of the salesmen who said a TRX is 6 months out and that they only allocated 6 to them for the year. Does that sound right? It's a pretty large dealership in the burbs of Chicago
What dealership? I live in the western burbs.

n8zcc

Reaction score
not likely to get any changes specially if you are in D-1
easiest to just reorder
Something to consider regarding reorders, see this post from Eighty; Has to do with auditing for like names of sold orders.

Camel_City

Reaction score
That's a good point right there concerning the sales tax. Back in Oct when I bought the new Rebel, my dealer beat Carvana's offer by $2500 plus the tax relief.

Users who are viewing this thread