5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Need some help!!!

Can anyone with a GT package (Laramie or Rebel, doesn't matter) please send me a good picture of your muffler? My GT showed up with the standard exhaust on it and the dealer is fighting me on this. It has NO sound to it whatsoever so I need a picture to prove they are completely different.

Thank you in advance!

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Need some help!!!

Can anyone with a GT package (Laramie or Rebel, doesn't matter) please send me a good picture of your muffler? My GT showed up with the standard exhaust on it and the dealer is fighting me on this. It has NO sound to it whatsoever so I need a picture to prove they are completely different.

Thank you in advance!
This is what is currently on my Rebel GT. It's the big round can muffler which looks just like the stock muffler of a non GT. The only weird part to me is that the part number matches what should be on the GT.

Does anyone else have this issue with their GT sounding exactly the same as a non GT? There's no sound change at all.

Attachments

• 20220106_182234.jpg
    20220106_182234.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I don’t know if I’d yell or cry. Sorry Man, hope it gets sorted quickly…
Yeah it sucks but the part number on the muffler is correct with what it should be. Just for whatever reason it sounds exactly the same as a non GT. We started them side by side and there was no difference whatsoever. I feel like I either got a dud or my expectations were way too high from watching youtube videos and hearing how nice they sound.

SunnyS

Reaction score
This is what is currently on my Rebel GT. It's the big round can muffler which looks just like the stock muffler of a non GT. The only weird part to me is that the part number matches what should be on the GT.

Does anyone else have this issue with their GT sounding exactly the same as a non GT? There's no sound change at all.
I just took my GT Rebel off the lift but the bark on start up is nothing like my 21 Big Horne that had the same engine in it. The muffler is smaller then the non GT muffler as far as length from front to back about 10 inches smaller.There are some vids on YouTube with the GT exhaust just show the dealer that vid. In fact there is a vid of a non GT that somehow got the GT exhaust bet that guy is happy. Good Luck

FRMSDTR

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks but the part number on the muffler is correct with what it should be. Just for whatever reason it sounds exactly the same as a non GT. We started them side by side and there was no difference whatsoever. I feel like I either got a dud or my expectations were way too high from watching youtube videos and hearing how nice they sound.
Uhggg I am going to be so disappointed that I paid for that package if it sounds the same. Should of listened to my husband and son and just did the aftermarket. I guess if it ever shows up.......

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I just took my GT Rebel off the lift but the bark on start up is nothing like my 21 Big Horne that had the same engine in it. The muffler is smaller then the non GT muffler as far as length from front to back about 10 inches smaller.There are some vids on YouTube with the GT exhaust just show the dealer that vid. I fact there is a vid of a non GT that somehow got the GT exhaust bet that guy is happy. Good Luck
Yeah my GT has zero bark. Maybe I'm just going crazy. I'm uploading a quick youtube clip right now and once it's up I'll share it so you can listen to it. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Does your muffler look just like this one?

Attachments

• 20220106_182234.jpg
    20220106_182234.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 19

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Uhggg I am going to be so disappointed that I paid for that package if it sounds the same. Should of listened to my husband and son and just did the aftermarket. I guess if it ever shows up.......
Here is a link to the clip I took of my exhaust when I went to the dealer yesterday. It was in a warm shop but was not started for hours. This is a cold start and this is what it sounds like. What does everyone think? Is something wrong here?

2022 Ram GT Startup

SunnyS

Reaction score

I just took my GT Rebel off the lift but the bark on start up is nothing like my 21 Big Horne that had the same engine in it. The muffler is smaller then the non GT muffler as far as length from front to back about 10 inches smaller.There are some vids on YouTube with the GT exhaust just show the dealer that vid. I fact there is a vid of a non GT that somehow got the GT exhaust bet that guy is happy. Good Luck
Here is a link to the clip I took of my exhaust when I went to the dealer yesterday. It was in a warm shop but was not started for hours. This is a cold start and this is what it sounds like. What does everyone think? Is something wrong here?

2022 Ram GT Startup
that is no way the way the sound as far as the vids and my truck sounds. It is a loud exhaust at start up but not bad when cruising

SunnyS

Reaction score

that is no way the way the sound as far as the vids and my truck sounds. It is a loud exhaust at start up but not bad when cruising
Somebody is doing some part number switching on parts at the factory. If my truck would have sounded like that vid you posted I would not have taken it off the lot.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Somebody is doing some part number switching on parts at the factory. If my truck would have sounded like that vid you posted I would not have taken it off the lot.
I haven't taken it off the lot yet. There were computer issues with the truck so nothing was working. They are still trying to fix it. Sounds like I've got a real winner of a pickup here...

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My opinion, I don't think it adds enough value that you should put the work in to go back through everything. Up to you, but I don't think it'd be worth it.
Agreed, my plan was to just leave it as is it now and add them for all posts moving forward. So they are there from the start of the year, seemed like a reasonable cut off point

SunnyS

Reaction score
The name of the vid was First new OEM G/T Exhaust on the You tube channel

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Based on the conversation earlier today, what does everyone think of the PREV / NEXT links? It took a bit to go back and edit each of the previous posts to add links both forward and backward so I figured I would just do it to the start of the year and see what the feedback was. Didn't want to take the time to do the previous 180-ish daily posts going all the way back to Sept 14th if it doesn't add much value for everyone?? Obviously, tonight's post only has a PREV link, but tomorrow morning when I make the post I will come back and add that link to the NEXT link here.

Thoughts??
i think it is great
it works fine
this way new be posters can follow
no need to go back any more
thank you

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

2022 Ram GT Startup
That truck doesn't sound any different than mine.

It might be a hard pill to swallow, but I think I'd tell them no thanks and order another.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, my plan was to just leave it as is it now and add them for all posts moving forward. So they are there from the start of the year, seemed like a reasonable cut off point
There is a fairly simple solution for anyone who wants to see an ordered list of @triple_B's daily announcements.

Just do a search with keywords "build sheets found today", and use @triple_B for the member. You'll get a list like this:
1641567252391.png

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a fairly simple solution for anyone who wants to see an ordered list of @triple_B's daily announcements.

Just do a search with keywords "build sheets found today", and use @triple_B for the member. You'll get a list like this:
View attachment 116132
Add the last 6 digits of your VIN and it will find your specific daily post as well.

*considers randomizing the wording just because we can't spoon feed them too much...... ;)

t_henrickson

Reaction score
That truck doesn't sound any different than mine.

It might be a hard pill to swallow, but I think I'd tell them no thanks and order another.
I'm pushing for them to correct this. I've shown them videos and comments from other users on here about how it is not correct. Luckily they are a small local dealer that has been very trust worthy in the past. I'm hoping we can get this corrected rather than ordering again.

Johnsonroda27

Reaction score
Sorry to change the subject, but anyone know what KZLD status is? My sales buddy says transit delay? Its not on the master status code list. Wondering if thats a status that will change within a day or 2 or if that means something bigger. Anyone else seen that?
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Anyone?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread