5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
My neighbor paid $2K over sticker for a Big Horn that was on the lot a couple months ago. He walked at first when they wouldn’t budge on the price. Called them back 3 days later and paid it.

Looking at his truck is actually what got me on the Ram bandwagon…

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score
Here's one for sale if some of you are tired of waiting. 🤣 View attachment 114572 View attachment 114573
Huh... Really. That is 1 way to totally call yourselfs out as one of the scummy dealerships. A.M.V. or Adjusted Market Value for a brand new truck of the previous model year. Yup. Uh huh.
"Well you see here, it cost $72k MSRP, but we were originally going to charge maybe $68k for it... But man, we just saw that opportunity to make even more money off you for no reason, so we adjusted the value to what we think it should be. BTW, please don't tell Stellantis we're doing this."

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Huh... Really. That is 1 way to totally call yourselfs out as one of the scummy dealerships. A.M.V. or Adjusted Market Value for a brand new truck of the previous model year. Yup. Uh huh.
"Well you see here, it cost $72k MSRP, but we were originally going to charge maybe $68k for it... But man, we just saw that opportunity to make even more money off you for no reason, so we adjusted the value to what we think it should be. BTW, please don't tell Stellantis we're doing this."
stellantis knows

it is just a way for dealers to screw the uninformed public

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I've been to a few dealerships around here (Phoenix) and half are doing that too (especiallyon a TRX). But if you talk to the right person in the right way, the other half will give you the truck out the door at the MSRP, or better.

Last edited:

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score
I've been to a few desirous around here and half are doing that too. But if you talk to the right person in the right way, the other half will give you the truck out the door at the MSRP, or better.
It is a bad day when Dealerships/companies are joining the Scalping bandwagon. *sigh*

The best part is the * they put near the advertised price on the window sticker, which lower below just states the difference in price can only be state taxes, dealership supplied and installed addons and such. Nothing about inflating the price.

Veneno

Reaction score
All this so called inflation is corporate gouging., to keep prices and profits high. For example at the Los Angeles port companies would not pick up their shipping containers creating an artificial shortage. Once the port started charging storage fees those containers were moved out quickly.

RockJock

Reaction score
Until this week my dealer has had 0 2022 Limited on their website. Now they have 2 in the 24xxxx VIN range listed. Both have window stickers and are in transit.

I almost wonder if them putting in an order for Limited for dealer stock is what gave my truck the spark it needed to get built. Makes as much sense as anything. My truck and the other 2 were built within a couple days of each other.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Anyone who received their new Back Country no air suspension let me know how it rides?
I opted out of this option after much hand wringing. I’ll never do any serious off road driving, and don’t care about lowering the truck for entry or MPG. Am I missing any other benefits?

midwestguy22

Reaction score
Asked my dealer for an update today. Got a BS 12/17. Still no WS but dealer said truck is KZLD (he sent a screenshot). I think that means in transit - delayed. Does that make sense?

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I opted out of this option after much hand wringing. I’ll never do any serious off road driving, and don’t care about lowering the truck for entry or MPG. Am I missing any other benefits?
Me too just wondering if the Back Country suspension affects the ride is it stiff or still a smooth ride

yup ram

Reaction score
Auto leveling while towing/hauling. Navigating parking garages. I was on the fence as well but ultimately decided to add it in fear of regretting it someday. (This mentality ultimately led to a $70k+ Laramie 😂) My kids are young too so the entry lowering will come in handy for us.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added 1171 Window Stickers tonight. 12 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Randboye, @Doug, @brewing_better77, @Montag84, @Whiskeymike, @chris288, @tazz_firebird, @AllRAMpedUp, @CRL125, @midwestguy22, @TimH, @SergsRam

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
103339 @RandboyeXXTexasBlackLimited
122535 @DougXXMontanaBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
122877 @brewing_better77XXMinnesotaDelmonicoLimited
147738 @Montag84XXNew YorkGraniteLaramie
151082 @WhiskeymikeXXLouisianaGraniteRebel
168664 @chris288XXMarylandGraniteRebel
177692 @tazz_firebirdXXWisconsinBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
184767 @AllRAMpedUpXXWisconsinBlackLonghorn
211260 @CRL125XXLouisianaBlackLimited
214213 @midwestguy22XXIndianaGraniteLimited
230356 @TimHXXFloridaBlackLaramie
246130 @SergsRamXXLouisianaGraniteLaramie

Rustybolt

Reaction score
There's a dealership near me that carries a bunch of brands but had 5 2021 broncos at one point. All 5 had an AMV of $40k over msrp. So they had a base bronco with an msrp of $32k or so but a sales price of $72k LOL
Ford should of stripped their dealership .

Rustybolt

Reaction score
Not even the worst I've seen. Saw a $70k markup on a first edition bronco LOL.
Pathetic I have no tolerance for that stuff. My dealer is selling to me at invoice. That leaves him some holdback and fair to me. That's why go back there . This is my 6th Ram being built, eventually 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online