5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
apa
not a rebel but it should be the same
View attachment 114312
APA=monotone
11/10 I ordered mine 8/31, I can tell you to try to be patient
Oh I am patient. I like a lot of people on here am really upset by the lack of definitive answers from Ram chat and Ram care. My dealer produced a POC recently that shows my Build in D Status where its been since ordered in 11-10. Ram chat and Ram care have reported it in D1 with a ESD of 1-2-22 on three separate occasions. One response was it was in KZ! Im convinced that it is in D and will be produced eventually. The inconsistency is beyond ridiculous. I am through contacting Ram chat and or Ram care. It is a waste of my time. When I ordered my 2019 Limited it was enjoyable going through the ordering and tracking process that's not the case today.I am a Ram fan all the way but the Ram care,Ram chat end of customer service is way below sub standard. I guess you'd call this a rant but I feel much better having put it in print.

BTW,my build is a Limited Longhorn, southfork. Loaded with an MSRP of nearly 80k. Probably over 80k with price increases. Maybe that's why its still in "D"
My 2019 is flawless maybe I'll end up keeping it

truckyou

Reaction score
My vin and von came the day after my order was placed.
Call your dealer
I have asked for it a few times, keep saying it hasn't been assigned yet.

I pushed about it yesterday and the sales manager said they're in constant contact with the Chrysler rep trying to get the trucks built and that it's in their best interest to get me the truck asap. There's no reason they can see why truck wouldn't be going into production. I am wondering if it's an allocation problem. Maybe January 1st the dealer will get more allocated. It's impossible to know if they're being honest but I did get a POC with no VIN and BX status

yup ram

Reaction score
Is that the one with B level trim, meaning no power fold mirrors? Looked through the build sheet, but had pretty tired eyes.
Level B equipment group yes. With the Laramie trim level that means no blind spot monitoring. (I believe it’s the Rebel that removes the power fold mirrors going from level 2 to B) So this truck will have the power folding mirrors. Verified on page 8 of the build sheet. Here’s the build sheet and window sticker for it.

Shannonwin

Reaction score
Hi guys to answer some of the price difference depending on when your truck was ordered mine went up a grand on base price . I forgot to take a picture of my order form when I get home tonight I'll get one

Attachments

• 20211221_042820.jpg
    20211221_042820.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 39

gregfl450

Reaction score
I think I used up all my good luck getting my truck built ahead of many others…. My truck has been sitting in a rail yard 75 miles away for 18 days and counting…. Dealer says they have no idea when it will show up, no way of tracking it, and claim they won’t know until it pulls into the lot. My hopes for a pre-Xmas delivery are fading fast.

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
Hi guys to answer some of the price difference depending on when your truck was ordered mine went up a grand on base price . I forgot to take a picture of my order form when I get home tonight I'll get one
I can confirm. Price increase on base price increased an additional 885 from 59,710 to 60,595 - there were no other price adjustments on my build.

puddingstomp

Reaction score
I can confirm. Price increase on base price increased an additional 885 from 59,710 to 60,595 - there were no other price adjustments on my build.
Same here. I double checked all options, they're all priced the same as original POC. My base went from 50,750 to 51,650. $900 bump.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Does Ram care about being clear or transparent with the customer?
I see it this way. Ram is building trucks for us the customer, but in saying that they are building trucks for the dealer, who sell thier trucks.
Being upset because you truck is not built in 6 weeks is silly. There are many reasons why most builds are taking longer. Part shortages, chip shortage, many americans still sitting on their asses and waiting for the government to mail them another check due to covid. Vs working.
I see things this way a truck is a product that must be made, like a coat. Order the coat with all the pockets and draw string for the hat, and a zipper. This coat may take longer to make if you want all those options, but if you forgo the draw string hat and zipper it takes less time to build and less martial.
I know there a big difference between a truck and coat, but do you get pissed at the coat factory for not having the coat with all the options? Or the store where buy it from?
It comes down to our country not being prepared for **** hitting the fan, and we still have not learned our lesson. We are to dependent on other countries for vital things such as chips and medicine rare metals etc. If china wants shut us off we are f_cked.
We need to wake up and get our asses in gear, but our leaders are blind and only worried about themselves and what they can put in their pockets.
We give billions to other countries to help them do whatever. I guess its selfish to take care of the people who are breaking thier backs to take to care of everyone else.
I understand and agree with some of what you are saying. But to blame this on a parts and chips shortage when we see trucks with our options and higher VINs getting WS or on lots is a little disingenuous.
To use your coat example, it would be like seeing someone else with your zipper, and someone else with your pockets when they won't put those two coats together to make your one, though you ordered first.
I highly suspect they would rather make two than one. I understand that is their business choice, I just don't like it. If they would be more transparent to the customers it would be better. If they can't keep up with custom orders, they should do what most of the Japanese automakers do and don't actually take them, you get what they make. If they want to be like the Germans and allow custom orders, they need to do a better job of either feeding back to customers or just building in order. If not, they will keep frustrating customers. But in the truck market, it is not like there are not as many options as cars.

Last edited:

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
APA=monotone

Oh I am patient. I like a lot of people on here am really upset by the lack of definitive answers from Ram chat and Ram care. My dealer produced a POC recently that shows my Build in D Status where its been since ordered in 11-10. Ram chat and Ram care have reported it in D1 with a ESD of 1-2-22 on three separate occasions. One response was it was in KZ! Im convinced that it is in D and will be produced eventually. The inconsistency is beyond ridiculous. I am through contacting Ram chat and or Ram care. It is a waste of my time. When I ordered my 2019 Limited it was enjoyable going through the ordering and tracking process that's not the case today.I am a Ram fan all the way but the Ram care,Ram chat end of customer service is way below sub standard. I guess you'd call this a rant but I feel much better having put it in print.

BTW,my build is a Limited Longhorn, southfork. Loaded with an MSRP of nearly 80k. Probably over 80k with price increases. Maybe that's why its still in "D"
My 2019 is flawless maybe I'll end up keeping it
My 2019 Laramie is in great shape too with 42000 miles. At least you didnt get asked are your inquiring about your 19 or the 1992 Plymouth lol
Mines finally in D1 with a ESD of tomorrow......that aint happening. After a while all you can do is laugh at the process.

Tranzella

Reaction score
My rebel base price increased $1,415
Does anybody have a recent (less than a week ago?) POC for a Rebel with the night edition?
From what I see, the base price of the Rebel went up $955, and the cost of the night edition option increased by $1300!! That’s insane!

The most recent WS that have been posted reflect the higher base prices, but also list the NE at the old price of $525.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve done tons of research, that’s how I reached my conclusions. This thread probably isn’t the best place to debate it. Enjoy your $3000 ceramic job, and let me know how that worked out for you in 2023…
I'd recommend doing a little more. I get that "good enough" is just fine for you, but that doesn't mean it's the best option.

Here you go:

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
I understand and agree with some of what you are saying. But to blame this on a parts and chips shortage when we see trucks with our options and higher VINs getting WS or on lots is a little disingenuous.
To use your coat example, it would be like seeing someone else with your zipper, and someone else with your pockets when they won't put those two coats together to make your one, though you ordered first.
I highly suspect they would rather make two than one. I understand that is their business choice, I just don't like it. If they would be more transparent to the customers it would be better. If they can't keep up with custom orders, they should do what most of Japanese do and don't actually take them, you get what they make. If they want to be like the Germans and allow custom orders, they need to do a better job of either feeding back to customers or just building in order. If not, they will keep frustrating customers. But in the truck market, it is not like there are not as many options as cars.
At first I thought it was a part issue too, but like you see trucks built with the same options. I firmly believe now and so does my salesman, that they are trying to make the last quarter nut look good and building all the higher VINs with the new price increase on the packages. Throw in a few early orders to look good and make more money. Hopefully after Jan 1 we will start seeing more lower VINs built. 🤞

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Four year old Chevy Colorado that spent the first three years of its life outside in the driveway in Las Vegas. Waxed it every 6 months, pic taken just now after it’s introduction to an Idaho winter. Ceramic all you want, wax works for me… View attachment 114327
Where abouts in Idaho? I have family in Pocatello.
By the way the truck looks great !

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your one of the builds I have been watching closely. (y)
Me too. It's like the pot of soup I put on the stove for my daughter last night....took me 30 minutes to realize I never turned the burner on. Except in the case of my build it's like forgetting to buy the can of soup from the grocery store after it sat on the list for 6 months. 😛

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Well got off of here and opened my emails and look what I found. Could it be true? Only Triple_B , Eighty, the Dealer and God know for sure :ROFLMAO:

photo

US Customer Care <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]
Cc:[email protected]

Tue, Dec 21 at 7:28 AM

Hello,

Order is currently in the build process. The completed vehicle should be ready for shipping in the next day or so.

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 12/6/2021 9:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: VOS

As we continue to monitor your order I wanted to reach out to you with the current status of the vehicle.

Currently your order has received all of the materials needed to start the build process. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon.

I will continue to monitor the order and work with my logistics resources to have your order expedited whenever possible. At Stellantis, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. I will provide you with an update when the information becomes available to me.

Thank you
Stellantis Information Center

Sent: 10/18/2021 9:06 AM
Subject: VOS

Hello William Atteberry,

I appreciate the time and effort you’ve taken to contact the Stellantis Information Center.

I am excited to learn of your all-new 2022 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 5' 7" Box that you have ordered and happy to assist you with providing you an update.

The vehicle identification number for your 2022 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 5' 7" Box is 1C6SRFKT6NN169157.

Currently your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they are available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

We encourage you to periodically stay in touch with your selling dealership for additional order updates as they become available. We will also offer new updates as details become available.

We do appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time and thank you for being a part of the RAM family.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-866-726-4636.

Sincerely,
ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1KGpmo:ref
mail

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Does anybody have a recent (less than a week ago?) POC for a Rebel with the night edition?
From what I see, the base price of the Rebel went up $955, and the cost of the night edition option increased by $1300!! That’s insane!

The most recent WS that have been posted reflect the higher base prices, but also list the NE at the old price of $525.
Yes. My window sticker just popped up the other day. My base went from $50,585 to $52,995 but the NE is still only $525.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well got off of here and opened my emails and look what I found. Could it be true? Only Triple_B , Eighty, the Dealer and God know for sure :ROFLMAO:

photo

US Customer Care <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]
Cc:[email protected]

Tue, Dec 21 at 7:28 AM

Hello,

Order is currently in the build process. The completed vehicle should be ready for shipping in the next day or so.

Sent: 12/6/2021 9:21 AM
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: VOS

As we continue to monitor your order I wanted to reach out to you with the current status of the vehicle.

Currently your order has received all of the materials needed to start the build process. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon.

I will continue to monitor the order and work with my logistics resources to have your order expedited whenever possible. At Stellantis, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. I will provide you with an update when the information becomes available to me.

Thank you

Sent: 10/18/2021 9:06 AM
Subject: VOS

Hello William Atteberry,

I appreciate the time and effort you’ve taken to contact the Stellantis Information Center.

I am excited to learn of your all-new 2022 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 5' 7" Box that you have ordered and happy to assist you with providing you an update.

The vehicle identification number for your 2022 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 5' 7" Box is 1C6SRFKT6NN169157.

Currently your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they are available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

We encourage you to periodically stay in touch with your selling dealership for additional order updates as they become available. We will also offer new updates as details become available.

We do appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time and thank you for being a part of the RAM family.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-866-726-4636.

Sincerely,
ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1KGpmo:ref
mail
It didn't pop up today, but maybe tomorrow?

Tranzella

Reaction score

Attachments

• 3B8C9F3C-5319-4763-B301-AE82E516B431.jpeg
    3B8C9F3C-5319-4763-B301-AE82E516B431.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread