5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Cda3488

Reaction score
What is the ceramic coat?
Very hard to explain but it’s like a wax but last two years plus. Look up Zipang coating sold by esoteric. There are shops that can put it on but usually charge 2k plus for it. I charge a little less depending on how much paint correction needs to be done.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I threw in the towel in November and bought a 1500 off another lot. I checked the website of the dealer I ordered from and it’s not on the lot yet. I didn’t believe it would be built this year…. so of course 2 weeks after I buy, it’s being built lol.
I'm just sick of seeing everything but a f****** longhorn, makes no sense other than mine having two-tone paint unless they got a kill a brown and black cow yet
Well i have a longhorn coming too. But one color. Waiting since 7/31. That interior is going to be worth the wait!

Shannonwin

Reaction score
Very hard to explain but it’s like a wax but last two years plus. Look up Zipang coating sold by esoteric. There are shops that can put it on but usually charge 2k plus for it. I charge a little less depending on how much paint correction needs to be done.
I've had good luck with adams polish ceramic coating quite a bit cheaper

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does Ram care about being clear or transparent with the customer?
I see it this way. Ram is building trucks for us the customer, but in saying that they are building trucks for the dealer, who sell thier trucks.
Being upset because you truck is not built in 6 weeks is silly. There are many reasons why most builds are taking longer. Part shortages, chip shortage, many americans still sitting on their asses and waiting for the government to mail them another check due to covid. Vs working.
I see things this way a truck is a product that must be made, like a coat. Order the coat with all the pockets and draw string for the hat, and a zipper. This coat may take longer to make if you want all those options, but if you forgo the draw string hat and zipper it takes less time to build and less martial.
I know there a big difference between a truck and coat, but do you get pissed at the coat factory for not having the coat with all the options? Or the store where buy it from?
It comes down to our country not being prepared for **** hitting the fan, and we still have not learned our lesson. We are to dependent on other countries for vital things such as chips and medicine rare metals etc. If china wants shut us off we are f_cked.
We need to wake up and get our asses in gear, but our leaders are blind and only worried about themselves and what they can put in their pockets.
We give billions to other countries to help them do whatever. I guess its selfish to take care of the people who are breaking thier backs to take to care of everyone else.

chris288

Reaction score
ordered 8/28 will be 4 months next week, i am in F ( paint ) if there are no hold ups, i'm hoping my truck lands at the dealer in approx. 3 weeks 🤞

Cda3488

Reaction score
A $2000 to $3000 bottle of snake oil sold to rubes that are too lazy or too ignorant to wax their truck every six months or so.

Many will disagree. Almost all will be out $2000 to $3000, and crow about paint correction, which is a completely different topic…
Lmao, you are so misinformed. It’s all about the advancement of technology. Just like your new truck you are waiting on, if not for advancement you would be in a horse and buggy. I don’t hear you arguing about that tech. Do a little research my friend, it’s a game changer in paint protection. Actually the coat I’m putting on my truck has semi self healing properties. If it gets scratched apply heat and it will disappear. If that ain’t the **** I don’t know what it. Good luck on your research!!

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
I reached out to my dealer today for an updated POC. Then I went to Ram Chat for fun, and got the “all materials needed have been received” msg. Might be D-1, 14 weeks tomorrow since I ordered. Hopefully my dealer (POC) will confirm. 🤞

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
A $2000 to $3000 bottle of snake oil sold to rubes that are too lazy or too ignorant to wax their truck every six months or so.

Many will disagree. Almost all will be out $2000 to $3000, and crow about paint correction, which is a completely different topic…
I agree the main thing is the paint correction, can get the same results correcting and waxing.
These are just waxing no paint correction.

Attachments

• w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 48
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 48
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 48

x50

Reaction score
Picked up the truck this evening. I remember reading about someone else picking up their truck when it was dark and they found some defects the next day. Bubbles in the glass, a bed liner with gashes in it.

The lot was plenty bright but I took a flash light with me and checked everything top to bottom. Took it for a test drive. Everything was perfect. Signed some papers , handed over the check and got out of there. I'll take some pics in the AM.

Randboye

Reaction score
OH BOY!!! LOOK AT THAT MEMBER COUNT! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2250 Build Sheets found today. 25 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Randboye, @kingkai, @nloftman92, @Bathtub, @Roster16, @Brisoup1, @Whiskeymike, @n00ber, @ReedScott01, @Scott_R, @Shannonwin, @yup ram, @daddyfatsaxxx, @Cmousel, @Xchief, @puddingstomp, @myownstatus, @mattf35, @Pjsant26, @Cda3488, @yup ram, @TimH, @Anarki, @flyforfood, @SergsRam

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
103339 @RandboyeXTexasBlackLimited
112771 @kingkaiXLouisianaBlackRebel
119106 @nloftman92XNew YorkBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
120707 @BathtubXMinnesotaBlackLimited
122681 @Roster16XNew YorkRedRebel
150480 @Brisoup1XPennsylvaniaSilverRebel
151082 @WhiskeymikeXLouisianaGraniteRebel
177526 @n00berXSouth CarolinaBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
192685 @ReedScott01XAlabamaWalnutLonghorn
193419 @Scott_RXPennsylvaniaDelmonicoBig Horn / Lonestar
195848 @ShannonwinXMinnesotaWalnutLonghorn
197001 @yup ramXMichiganWhiteLaramie
200825 @daddyfatsaxxxXMichiganWhiteRebel
200861 @CmouselXFloridaSilverRebel
209573 @XchiefXNew YorkBlueLaramie
209909 @puddingstompXKentuckyGraniteLaramie
215183 @myownstatusXFloridaWhiteLaramie
215286 @mattf35XMassachusettsBlackLimited
227138 @Pjsant26XPennsylvaniaGraniteLaramie
229735 @Cda3488XLouisianaGraniteLaramie
230010 @yup ramXMichiganWhiteLaramie
230356 @TimHXFloridaBlackLaramie
230616 @AnarkiXTexasIvoryLaramie
245901 @flyforfoodXPennsylvaniaBlackLaramie
246130 @SergsRamXLouisianaGraniteLaramie
Yesssss. I had 3 grand kids 3 thru10yrs old all day today. They wasn't having it with me being on computer today. So just now getting to thank triple_B for all the time and effort with his carts. It's not a dream when your BS shows up in the triple_B and eighty charts. Thanks

Last edited:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeeeeee, I had 3 grand kids 3 thru10yrs old all day today. They wasn't having it with me being on computer today. So just now getting to thank triple_B for all the time and effort with his carts. It's not a dream when your BS shows up in the triple_B and eighty charts. Thanks
Congratulations man! Hope you had a wonderful day with the family!

Cda3488

Reaction score
I agree the main thing is the paint correction, can get the same results correcting and waxing.
These are just waxing no paint correction.
You are correct. As a professional sea tailed most of my time is spent paint correcting or enhancing. You gloss is only as good as your paint work.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Yeeeeee, I had 3 grand kids 3 thru10yrs old all day today. They wasn't having it with me being on computer today. So just now getting to thank triple_B for all the time and effort with his carts. It's not a dream when your BS shows up in the triple_B and eighty charts. Thanks
Now it’s time for the window sticker lol

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Lmao, you are so misinformed. It’s all about the advancement of technology. Just like your new truck you are waiting on, if not for advancement you would be in a horse and buggy. I don’t hear you arguing about that tech. Do a little research my friend, it’s a game changer in paint protection. Actually the coat I’m putting on my truck has semi self healing properties. If it gets scratched apply heat and it will disappear. If that ain’t the **** I don’t know what it. Good luck on your research!!
I’ve done tons of research, that’s how I reached my conclusions. This thread probably isn’t the best place to debate it. Enjoy your $3000 ceramic job, and let me know how that worked out for you in 2023…

Cda3488

Reaction score
I’ve done tons of research, that’s how I reached my conclusions. This thread probably isn’t the best place to debate it. Enjoy your $3000 ceramic job, and let me know how that worked out for you in 2023…
I’m a professional detailer, I do mine for free!!

chris288

Reaction score
i ceramic coated my hellcat w/ cquartz professional. it absolutely makes a huge difference in how dirty my charger gets and how much easier it is to clean and dry when it does get dirty. without ceramic coating, the rockers on my pickup are a bear to clean and almost impossible to get the paint perfectly clean. I hit the charger w/ carpro reload every 6 months, should last 5-6 years and was a whole lot less than 2k. I plan to do my new rebel myself w/ cquartz uk as soon as i take delivery and weather permits.

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    kitty.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread