5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anything that breaks down how many of each trim level for each section of vin?
I could do that, but there would be a LOT of bars. 8 different trims, times about 150 different VIN groups.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I think the best way for Ram to handle the BS that's going on with production is to give a random free upgrade on an ordered truck. But maybe that's not possible with the chip issues.

I just know when I saw that a local dealer had a truck that was scheduled to be in store in 2 weeks, that was 70% like the one I order and had a couple of things listed on it that I was told weren't options on mine..... made it really hard not to put money down on it. And I haven't even been waiting half as long as so so so many people on here.

Last edited:

myownstatus

Reaction score
Is there anyway to look at customer orders vs dealer inventory order? Maybe there’s a way to get a ratio of what is being built?

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
Is there anyway to look at customer orders vs dealer inventory order? Maybe there’s a way to get a ratio of what is being built?
Good question. I was wondering along the same lines. Of people that have been waiting what sort of build allocation does their dealer have and how much is that dealer using allocation to replenish the dealers inventory?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. I was wondering along the same lines. Of people that have been waiting what sort of build allocation does their dealer have and how much is that dealer using allocation to replenish the dealers inventory?
There seems to be some confusion on allocations (even with dealers). On the TRX forum, a dealer emphatically stated that "sold orders" don't impact their monthly allocations. That's why a few of them are taking custom orders as fast (and as cheap) as the possibly can.
But when I asked my dealer to confirm this, he said "I don't know".

Cda3488

Reaction score
Only 246 Build Sheets found today. 1 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Msib

This low number matches reports that the factory sent production home early yesterday.

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
240834 @MsibXMassachusettsGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
I’ve never seen my build sheet, could you send it to me? 1C6RREJT0NN229735

RockJock

Reaction score
Ram Chat said my truck is in paint today... after telling me my truck was in D status. I asked how it could go from frame back to D then she told me it's in paint. Must have been a mix up on their end. It would probably be built already if SHAP didn't have some kind of issue yesterday.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
price protection is something dealers offer
but having said that they check with Ram first...before they offer it to the customer....at least in my case thats the way it worked....they have cover their own asses lol...

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
You don't have a build sheet yet. A build sheet is only issued after your truck goes down the production line.
Any idea if the build sheet shows up before it goes for accessories like spray in bed liner?

Cda3488

Reaction score
You don't have a build sheet yet. A build sheet is only issued after your truck goes down the production line.
Ok thanks, appreciate all that you do here. I’m new here so it’s a little confusing, sorry for the questions. How do I see the build sheet and the window sticker once they are created? I’m looking at the tracker but don’t see any way of telling.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Ok thanks, appreciate all that you do here. I’m new here so it’s a little confusing, sorry for the questions. How do I see the build sheet and the window sticker once they are created? I’m looking at the tracker but don’t see any way of telling.
Never mind, I clicked on someone else’s date and I figured it out.

x50

Reaction score

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Never mind, I clicked on someone else’s date and I figured it out.
When your is found by the script you will be tagged by triple_b in a post, exactly the same format as one you replied to earlier. He does this every day for us. First you will get a BS, then when the truck is finished you will get a WS. The BS your alert that is in production and it gets ignored when the WS is posted/generated.

Afrojim2009

Reaction score
This was Stellantis response below when I pushed them about When my truck will be built. I ordered august 18th and they are still using the shortage of parts and chips response. Ram has told me anything from it’s being built to it’s still in scheduling. This was messaging Stellantis on Facebook and it’s the first time someone has given me any kind of schedule. I was supposedly d1 a month ago but my recent poc says D.

“No, production has not begun on your vehicle.
According to the schedule, your vehicle is tentatively set to begin production in the middle of January.”

Lamar
Stellantis Cares
I ordered a Laramie the same day, finally got Build state last week. I would have gotten the Rebel if they came in CC/LWB. Hope they do a run of Rebels soon for you.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any idea if the build sheet shows up before it goes for accessories like spray in bed liner?
There seems to be some debate on this. And to be honest, I think I've seen it happen both ways. I suspect that the build sheet comes out after main assembly (and before body vendor), but occasionally the body vendor is done so quickly that no one found the build sheet before it was done.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
There seems to be some debate on this. And to be honest, I think I've seen it happen both ways. I suspect that the build sheet comes out after main assembly (and before body vendor), but occasionally the body vendor is done so quickly that no one found the build sheet before it was done.
I think that second scenario was the case with mine. I never saw it go to the body vendor, it was in inspection really quickly after getting a BS.

Users who are viewing this thread