5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I was not an easy customer to deal with lol.
So that the key! I can be a grade "A" pain in the *** when I want to. Lol did it with a dealership I had an issue with a few years ago, and after a year they begged me to come back in to make the original deal, that they tried to reneg on last minute, and even improve it, just to get me to stop.

But I'm always open for more tips and suggestions @Gr8dane

louitino123

Reaction score
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for what gas type you use? (5.7) I know 87 can be used RAM recs 89. I don't mind spending more on "better" gas, is it worth it? Certainly don't mind spending extra if it means a better running engine/ longevity but just wondering what knowledge people have on this topic, thanks, everyone.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for what gas type you use? (5.7) I know 87 can be used RAM recs 89. I don't mind spending more on "better" gas, is it worth it? Certainly don't mind spending extra if it means a better running engine/ longevity but just wondering what knowledge people have on this topic, thanks, everyone.
87 is fine. If you get knock, use 89, or use 89 regardles. Your money, your choice.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm actually getting angry thinking about this price protection thing. I really hope it isn't true.
Seems like dealers are just doing their own pricing at this point, with no one policing them.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
If you are ok with a little deep dive here is a series of videos about this topic. Engineering Explained does a good job of trying to keep boring topics interesting.

TL;DR: Do what the manufacture recommends

Danthecarguy247

Reaction score
Seems like dealers are just doing their own pricing at this point, with no one policing them.

2021 Ram Rebel
It’s insane and part of the reason I switched brands. I went to order a new Sierra Denali Ultimate and I was told I would have to pay 15k over MSRP.
Speaking of which, are there any of us here that have come from GM over to Ram? How has your overall experience been?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to follow up on the saga of my second Rebel order (that got a window sticker on Saturday night). The dealer confirmed that the invoice from the factory invoice does indeed charge the extra $1870 above what was shown on my POC in early November. And he says they did away with price protections. They're going to work with me on it, supposedly. They want to sit down and put everything together (trade-in value on the TRX, revised price on the Rebel) and work out a fair deal. Guess we'll see how it shakes out when the Rebel is sitting on the lot.
Worst case scenario, I keep the TRX (that would break my heart)....
I would totally not give in on any of your demands. You have the trx...so you can't lose at this point..lol

For my situation, I don't have a trx to use for leverage, but with my rebel, I'm pretty happy with it it. It's a couple trims higher than the big horn (back country) that I ordered and waited for 6 months, so I think I'm at a good place now to just sit and wait...unless they blow me away with a deal. After chatting with my sales rep, it's a business...so their business is to make as much as they can, and it's our business to pay the least we can.

We can both walk away with something better that what we originally planned...lol.

2021 Ram Rebel

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
It’s insane and part of the reason I switched brands. I went to order a new Sierra Denali Ultimate and I was told I would have to pay 15k over MSRP.
Speaking of which, are there any of us here that have come from GM over to Ram? How has your overall experience been?
I was a hard core Chevy guy for a long while. While I never owned a chevy truck I always looked at them as far superior. But as I got looking into trucks and started to consider other brands, it was just really hard to be happy sitting in a Chevy or really any other brands. Gmc/Chevy trucks just look cheap and filled with plastic on the inside. Performance wise it feels very similar.... like they're stuck in the 90's, and they think they're better than everyone else in spite of it.

It was really sad to find that a fully loaded '13 impala, that I bought wasn't nearly as well equipped as a mid level '10 Subaru legacy that I inherited... in fact it was laughably ill equipped compared to the legacy.

If test driven so so so many trucks and just can't get excited about a Chevy anymore. And yes, things really broke down effed further when I talked the Chevy dealers about ordering a truck. Night and day difference between Chevy and ram.

Nate F

Reaction score
18 weeks from order to delivery which included 6 days to go 12 miles from the rail yard to the dealership. It was worth the wait, I was able to get the Affiliate Rewards and my trade went up in value from when I ordered. I didn't have any price protection so the MSRP went up $2,500 but some of that had to do with the additional features added to the Limited Level 1 package. 1639495121993.png

10thAnniversary

Reaction score
18 weeks from order to delivery which included 6 days to go 12 miles from the rail yard to the dealership. It was worth the wait, I was able to get the Affiliate Rewards and my trade went up in value from when I ordered. I didn't have any price protection so the MSRP went up $2,500 but some of that had to do with the additional features added to the Limited Level 1 package. View attachment 113759
What color is that?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some data on today's build sheets. Very light day, meaning they either ran out of something or had a problem in the plant.

1639497125293.png

1639497261190.png

Users who are viewing this thread