5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to follow up on the saga of my second Rebel order (that got a window sticker on Saturday night). The dealer confirmed that the invoice from the factory invoice does indeed charge the extra $1870 above what was shown on my POC in early November. And he says they did away with price protections. They're going to work with me on it, supposedly. They want to sit down and put everything together (trade-in value on the TRX, revised price on the Rebel) and work out a fair deal. Guess we'll see how it shakes out when the Rebel is sitting on the lot.
Worst case scenario, I keep the TRX (that would break my heart)....

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Forgot to follow up on the saga of my second Rebel order (that got a window sticker on Saturday night). The dealer confirmed that the invoice from the factory invoice does indeed charge the extra $1870 above what was shown on my POC in early November. And he says they did away with price protections. They're going to work with me on it, supposedly. They want to sit down and put everything together (trade-in value on the TRX, revised price on the Rebel) and work out a fair deal. Guess we'll see how it shakes out when the Rebel is sitting on the lot.
Worst case scenario, I keep the TRX (that would break my heart)....
It would honestly be terrible if you had to suffer through driving a TRX any longer. I'm here if you need someone man..... 🫂 😂

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would honestly be terrible if you had to suffer through driving a TRX any longer. I'm here if you need someone man..... 🫂 😂
Lol, meet me at the gas pump with your credit card. That's the only painful part about driving this beast. I'm currently averaging 10.9 mpg (and I'm babying it), and it requires premium gas.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Lol, meet me at the gas pump with your credit card. That's the only painful part about driving this beast. I'm currently averaging 10.9 mpg (and I'm babying it), and it requires premium gas.
haha there's always a price to pay for glory. I'm just giving you crap! Mainly out of jealousy that I have no vehicle at all while waiting for my new order. Sharing a vehicle with the wife is getting old!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
haha there's always a price to pay for glory. I'm just giving you crap! Mainly out of jealousy that I have no vehicle at all while waiting for my new order. Sharing a vehicle with the wife is getting old!
I feel your pain...I know what it's like having no vehicle. Until the TRX came, I rented a car. For 7 months.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I feel ya! I am at 9.7 currently because I gave up even trying to improve it. Changed the center display over so it shows the torque output because that's a fun one to watch. It's my "aggression" meter ;) Only time the truck gets back into double digit MPG is when the wife takes it to work for the day, and then its game on to see how fast I can get it back to my previous average.

Local SAMS is typically between 40-50 cents / gallon less for 93 octane than any other gas station around here. Well worth the cost of annual membership when I average a fill up every 4 days.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Yea, I feel ya! I am at 9.7 currently because I gave up even trying to improve it. Changed the center display over so it shows the torque output because that's a fun one to watch. It's my "aggression" meter ;) Only time the truck gets back into double digit MPG is when the wife takes it to work for the day, and then its game on to see how fast I can get it back to my previous average.

Local SAMS is typically between 40-50 cents / gallon less for 93 octane than any other gas station around here. Well worth the cost of annual membership when I average a fill up every 4 days.

Is it true that you TRX guys can literally see the gas gauge dropping as you're thrashing it around? :ROFLMAO:

Veneno

Reaction score

I bought a 2021 Limited ecodiesel back in November of 2020. I bought it so I could get better MPG over my old 2009 Ram with a Hemi. I could not get used to the sound and lack of high end grunt. So I sold it this past August for a profit. I can't wait to get my new Hemi Ram and the first mod will be a MBRP exhaust. I miss the rooooooom! of my old Hemi.

JDK6653

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the holiday stoppage will be and for how long?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Haha, my wife is already "encouraging" me to stop at Costco at 6am on the way to work. Even though it's out of the way, it's going to be worth it. I've never gone out of my way for gas...but I'm going to start now!

Users who are viewing this thread